Oil filter question please help!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I find it staggering that the less people understand about any item the more robustly they argue over them
It is a just a frigging oil filter
It has one job, to remove crud from the oil without restricting the flow too much and bypass when it is restricted
As most mower oil pumps are at the bottom of the engine and gravity fed, they do not need to have anti flow back valves
Now if shaved monkey had done a hot & wet strength test on the filter media , or even a simple flow test then it might have had some saving grace
But no 100% trash, convincing retheric perhaps but totally useless .
And as for the use of the microscope at that magnification he way as well put a magnifier in front of his one eyed trouser snake.

Like an athlete is is all about performance none of which Mr Shaved Monkey tested yet the addle minded incapable of thinking for themselves seem to consider of use .

And when it is all said & done the oil filter on a mower is in most cases superflious
Most will run quite fine with nothing more than splash and oil the consistancy of treacle as any mower tech who has actually pulled an engine apart will attest to.

The filter that is important is the air filter but no one seems to care about them

Oh I am sorry I forgot
IT IS ON YOUR TUBE SO IT MUST BE TRUE RELEVENT & IMPORTANT
And before defenders come screaming in with the "but he has X millon followers " I reffer you to the joke we thought was funny when we were were 5 about eating poo & files being wrong .

And to pinch some thing from Hammer.
He is "Just some random guy without a clue on the internet with some tools he found."

Gord Baker

Threads
Don't overthink this. They are all made in the slums of Mumbai. The important thing is to change it yearly.

GrumpyCat

Threads
Because their is no legal definition of synthetic
So any oil that is broken down into parts then reassembled can be called synthetic.
There is no performance specification for synthetic motor oil. All one has to do is go through accepted "synthetic" motions in manufacture, there is no requirement of what is actually produced.

There is a vague legal definition. Mobil-1 famously sued Castrol Syntech, but it was in a private marketing court of arbitration. The judge ruled Syntech was making extra effort super-refining their base oil and that was good enough to be marketed as "synthetic".

GrumpyCat

Threads
Fram

FRAM filters are nothing but a painted piece of junk. I have had trouble with the internal oil seal coming out.
What is an "internal oil seal"? Pics or it didn't happen.

GrumpyCat

Threads
As far as I know, all 'OEM' branded oil filter(and air filters) are made by independent firms. Just as their engines for the most part are not made 'in-house', the same holds true for the filters.
I fully agree Kohler does not make their own oil filters but are you claiming Kohler does not make their own engines?

OE is the oil filter Kohler sells and fitted as Original Equipment. This is much different from OEM.

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer. This is the manufacturer who made the oil filter for Kohler. We have no idea who this is, but sometimes people dig deep and find out. That doesn't mean you can buy an identical spec oil filter from that company.

Auto parts companies could not purchase genuine parts from automakers, who reserved their parts exclusively to dealers selling the high dollar automobile. So the independent auto parts dealers searched out the OEMs and started buying parts direct from the OEM. Can not sell as OE but can sell as OEM.

The problem with OEM is that for example Goodyear is the tire OEM for my F-150. There is exactly one tire from Goodyear that is OE, but every tire made by Goodyear, even those which are totally unsuitable for my F-150, are OEM.

As for oil filters, if it fits it doesn't make much difference.

Talltree

Threads
Hello everyone, I have a Husqvarna LGT2654 with a Kohler KT745. I need to change the oil there is currently a Wix 51056 oil filter on it. I want to put a Kohler but can’t find it. The sticker on the machine says part number 25 050 40 which is like hunting a ghost. I’ve researched and come up with 2 possibilities. Kohler 52 050 02-S which I bought but haven’t unboxed because now I see a Kohler 12 050 01-s is recommended.
Can someone please educate me. Will they both work? Or which one is it?
If it fits will it work?View attachment 64620
I really appreciate any information shared. Please help

RevB

Threads
Hello everyone, I have a Husqvarna LGT2654 with a Kohler KT745. I need to change the oil there is currently a Wix 51056 oil filter on it. I want to put a Kohler but can’t find it. The sticker on the machine says part number 25 050 40 which is like hunting a ghost. I’ve researched and come up with 2 possibilities. Kohler 52 050 02-S which I bought but haven’t unboxed because now I see a Kohler 12 050 01-s is recommended.
I really appreciate any information shared. Please help!
Why? Wix doesn't work?
I really appreciate any information shared. Please help!

That's how the internet works.