Oil filter question please help!

Douglasdzaster

Threads
Hello everyone, I have a Husqvarna LGT2654 with a Kohler KT745. I need to change the oil there is currently a Wix 51056 oil filter on it. I want to put a Kohler but can’t find it. The sticker on the machine says part number 25 050 40 which is like hunting a ghost. I’ve researched and come up with 2 possibilities. Kohler 52 050 02-S which I bought but haven’t unboxed because now I see a Kohler 12 050 01-s is recommended.
Can someone please educate me. Will they both work? Or which one is it?
If it fits will it work?55A463BF-DB0B-4E66-A52A-F8C25F3EFBB6.jpeg
I really appreciate any information shared. Please help!

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It depends on how much clearance you have. The 52 050 02-S will fit, if you have enough clearance. Some mowers use the shorter version, when there isn’t enough clearance.

Douglasdzaster

Threads
It depends on how much clearance you have. The 52 050 02-S will fit, if you have enough clearance. Some mowers use the shorter version, when there isn’t enough clearance.
Thanks for the reply. I think the clearance is there. I’ll measure it in the morning.
Thanks again.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the 52 050 02-S fits, save yourself some money and go to Walmart for your next oil filter. The Super Tech MP3614 is the same filter in a different paint color. The FRAM TG3614 and STP S3614 are also interchangeable.

Douglasdzaster

Threads
If the 52 050 02-S fits, save yourself some money and go to Walmart for your next oil filter. The Super Tech MP3614 is the same filter in a different paint color. The FRAM TG3614 and STP S3614 are also interchangeable.
Cool! My wife’s car takes Fram 3614. I use the XG3614 on it with full synthetic oil.
Thanks again
EDIT: I have 2 of the XG3614 here. Will it hurt to use one of those other than overkill?

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Delete

Last edited:

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool! My wife’s car takes Fram 3614. I use the XG3614 on it with full synthetic oil.
Thanks again
EDIT: I have 2 of the XG3614 here. Will it hurt to use one of those other than overkill?
No it won’t hurt as long as you have clearance. Personally, I like the Champ Labs made filters. Champ Labs makes the Kohler oil filters. Champ Labs makes the Super Tech MP3614 and STP S3614 oil filters. First Brands now owns Champ Labs and FRAM. So, you are good using FRAM oil filters as long as you don’t buy the Extra Guard (Orange Can). The FRAM Orange Cans are junk.

Douglasdzaster

Threads
No it won’t hurt as long as you have clearance. Personally, I like the Champ Labs made filters. Champ Labs makes the Kohler oil filters. Champ Labs makes the Super Tech MP3614 and STP S3614 oil filters. First Brands now owns Champ Labs and FRAM. So, you are good using FRAM oil filters as long as you don’t buy the Extra Guard (Orange Can). The FRAM Orange Cans are junk.
I’m headed to Walmart for some other things this afternoon. I’ll check there Super Tech stock. I’m kinda in the boondocks when it comes to finding certain parts. 5w30 synthetic for my wife’s car for instance. I can order it $15 cheaper than the two places in the county that have it.
Whats your opinion of Super Tech synthetic for a more?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I’m headed to Walmart for some other things this afternoon. I’ll check there Super Tech stock. I’m kinda in the boondocks when it comes to finding certain parts. 5w30 synthetic for my wife’s car for instance. I can order it $15 cheaper than the two places in the county that have it.
Whats your opinion of Super Tech synthetic for a more?
Use what you like. I don’t personally use a full synthetic oil in my mower. I use conventional 15W40 diesel oil.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
My walymart doesn't have supertech oil filters anymore. They have the oil which I use. SG rated SAE30W with tons of zinc and some other magic sprinkles.