Oil filter question please help!

Dwayne Oxford

Threads
Do your google research, Wix oil filters are extremely effective filters, Frams, Stp etc... not! Check a few sites that have tested most filters. You could be surprised! OE filters also top pick, usually.
AMEN!! Prob why Kohler uses them.

moparjoe

Threads
Hello everyone, I have a Husqvarna LGT2654 with a Kohler KT745. I need to change the oil there is currently a Wix 51056 oil filter on it. I want to put a Kohler but can’t find it. The sticker on the machine says part number 25 050 40 which is like hunting a ghost. I’ve researched and come up with 2 possibilities. Kohler 52 050 02-S which I bought but haven’t unboxed because now I see a Kohler 12 050 01-s is recommended.
Can someone please educate me. Will they both work? Or which one is it?
If it fits will it work?View attachment 64620
I really appreciate any information shared. Please help!
Go to NAPA and buy the same oil filter that it has now. NAPA has them so stop being picky. There, problem solved.

moparjoe

Threads
Fram
No it won’t hurt as long as you have clearance. Personally, I like the Champ Labs made filters. Champ Labs makes the Kohler oil filters. Champ Labs makes the Super Tech MP3614 and STP S3614 oil filters. First Brands now owns Champ Labs and FRAM. So, you are good using FRAM oil filters as long as you don’t buy the Extra Guard (Orange Can). The FRAM Orange Cans are junk.
FRAM filters are nothing but a painted piece of junk. I have had trouble with the internal oil seal coming out.

Honest Abe

Threads
here's a Cross reference chart, with a few :unsure: other choices . . . . .

Oh ya, I'd rarely ever use a proprietary part when an equally good generic part can be had for 75% less

but, that's just me . . . . .

Imajkrsl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kohler 7000 series, try this one on Amazon

Kohler 12 050 01-s1 Oil Filter​

upnorthwi

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the 52 050 02-S fits, save yourself some money and go to Walmart for your next oil filter. The Super Tech MP3614 is the same filter in a different paint color. The FRAM TG3614 and STP S3614 are also interchangeable.
Is there a cross reference chart?

perzaklie

Threads
Use what you like. I don’t personally use a full synthetic oil in my mower. I use conventional 15W40 diesel oil.
Agree. Additionally, I use only Wix filters on every piece of machinery I own.

perzaklie

Threads
Hello everyone, I have a Husqvarna LGT2654 with a Kohler KT745. I need to change the oil there is currently a Wix 51056 oil filter on it. I want to put a Kohler but can’t find it. The sticker on the machine says part number 25 050 40 which is like hunting a ghost. I’ve researched and come up with 2 possibilities. Kohler 52 050 02-S which I bought but haven’t unboxed because now I see a Kohler 12 050 01-s is recommended.
Can someone please educate me. Will they both work? Or which one is it?
If it fits will it work?View attachment 64620
I really appreciate any information shared. Please help!
The brand of filter you use is your choice, of course. FYI, I use only Wix filters on every piece of machinery I have on the farm and have for years.

perzaklie

Threads
My walymart doesn't have supertech oil filters anymore. They have the oil which I use. SG rated SAE30W with tons of zinc and some other magic sprinkles.
That is probably the most overlooked maintenance item on any air cooled engine. I clean mine a couple times each season. If it can't cool, it's going to self-destruct.