looking for a zero turn 3.27 acres

earthworm

Threads
No earthworm it is not the operator but it IS the machine as both Scag and Husqvarna say the zero turn, by design, is prone to turf damage; sorry that this bugs you but this comes from the largest maker of power equipment on the planet and from the maker of very high end zero turns NOT FROM ME.
Robert, carefully read this from Scag
Scag Power Equipment - Frequently Asked Questions
My read is that some operators "cowboy" things ... a normal human failing...
What BUGS me is those who cleverly twist the truth.
robert, you can fool some, but not me.
It still stands...its a poor mechanic who blames his tools.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Robert, carefully read this from Scag
Scag Power Equipment - Frequently Asked Questions
My read is that some operators "cowboy" things ... a normal human failing...
What BUGS me is those who cleverly twist the truth.
robert, you can fool some, but not me.
It still stands...its a poor mechanic who blames his tools.

Good post and a good link earthworm.:thumbsup: Robert is pretty clever when in comes to twisting the truth and spreading propaganda.

robert

Threads
Once again boys NO ONE can make a true zero turn on turf without causing damage and I would only direct you all to the Husqvarna site for the definition of exactly what a 'zero turn' is but for the uninitiated here it is according to the largest maker of power equipment in the world;

"To zero turn pull one lever back beyond neutral while holding the other (that would be the other lever Sammy, Ric, earthworm) slightly ahead of neutral"

So Sammy, Ric, earthworm when you make a zero turn, a true zero turn, one wheel MUST be turning in one direction and one wheel MUST be turning in the other-powered- this MUST cause turf damage which is why Scag says to make the 'T' turn but Scag goes even further in warning all that even these TIGHT turns can cause damage.

Tell us all, if turf damage were not such a widespread problem with the zero turn mower just why do all the makers of this equipment spent so much time telling everyone how to MINIMIZE damage to the grass when using their zt's?

And I hope everyone noticed that Scag is careful to state that 'experienced operators 'CAN-OFTEN' make tight turns without causing damage-that boys says it all.

But there is a much better way for everyone to see for themselves how a zero turn MUST be used in order to avoid tearing up the grass and that is to simply watch a 'pro' next time you have the opportunity-turns are very deliberately made because doing so in any other way will leave union labels EVERYWHERE.

And when everyone really realizes just how a zt must be operated in order to avoid grass damage, just how limited a zt is in being able to multitask and just how limited factory options/accessories, implements are for the zero turn mower EVERYONE should reach the only logical conclusion about a pending decision on which style mower to buy-for the AVERAGE homeowner and even for the majority of larger property owners buying a zero turn mower WILL prove to be a mistake, an expensive-uncomfortable mistake. I found this out the hard way, most others will also.

Sammy the Red

Threads
Again, Robert has shown us that he was unable to learn how to operate a Z-turn in the proper manner.

He has now embarked upon a Witch Hunt so as to hide the fact of his inability and lack of common sense. :rolleyes:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Once again boys NO ONE can make a true zero turn on turf without causing damage and I would only direct you all to the Husqvarna site for the definition of exactly what a 'zero turn' is but for the uninitiated here it is according to the largest maker of power equipment in the world;

"To zero turn pull one lever back beyond neutral while holding the other (that would be the other lever Sammy, Ric, earthworm) slightly ahead of neutral"

So Sammy, Ric, earthworm when you make a zero turn, a true zero turn, one wheel MUST be turning in one direction and one wheel MUST be turning in the other-powered- this MUST cause turf damage which is why Scag says to make the 'T' turn but Scag goes even further in warning all that even these TIGHT turns can cause damage.

Tell us all, if turf damage were not such a widespread problem with the zero turn mower just why do all the makers of this equipment spent so much time telling everyone how to MINIMIZE damage to the grass when using their zt's?

And I hope everyone noticed that Scag is careful to state that 'experienced operators 'CAN-OFTEN' make tight turns without causing damage-that boys says it all.

But there is a much better way for everyone to see for themselves how a zero turn MUST be used in order to avoid tearing up the grass and that is to simply watch a 'pro' next time you have the opportunity-turns are very deliberately made because doing so in any other way will leave union labels EVERYWHERE.

And when everyone really realizes just how a zt must be operated in order to avoid grass damage, just how limited a zt is in being able to multitask and just how limited factory options/accessories, implements are for the zero turn mower EVERYONE should reach the only logical conclusion about a pending decision on which style mower to buy-for the AVERAGE homeowner and even for the majority of larger property owners buying a zero turn mower WILL prove to be a mistake, an expensive-uncomfortable mistake. I found this out the hard way, most others will also.

http://www.scag.com/faq2.html#opturn

Experienced operators of zero-turn riding mowers can often perform the zero-turn maneuver without causing turf damage. However, while zero-turn mowers can turn on a dime (or in very tight circles), it may not always be the best practice to do so on grass. Robert. Even tight turns have the potential to cause turf damage in some situations and conditions. The best way we have found to prevent and/or greatly minimize turf damage is to:
Y-Turn_1.jpg

Use 3-point / Y-turns at the end of a mowing row rather than zero-turns to change direction. It is still a fast maneuver and will reduce the potential of turf damage greatly.

• 1. At end of mowing path, turn toward next mowing path.
    2. Reverse while turning slightly in opposite direction to align mower with next mowing row.
    3. Proceed into next mowing path.

On "tight" turns, pay special attention to the inside drive wheel. This wheel will naturally spin slower than the outside drive wheel. It is important to keep the inside wheel turning at all times. If the turn is made to cause the inside wheel to stop turning, this is when turf damage can occur.
We have found that by using both of these methods, turf damage is all but a thing of the past. Over a short period of time, it becomes second nature and overall productivity can be increased.

Again, Robert has shown us that he was unable to learn how to operate a Z-turn in the proper manner.

He has now embarked upon a Witch Hunt so as to hide the fact of his inability and lack of common sense. :rolleyes:

Sorry I Quoted you Sammy but it seemed to fit. As earthworm stated, It still stands...its a poor mechanic who blames his tools.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You Can Not explain, common sense to someone that has none...
That person will Never grasp the obvious, they will never have any desire OR ability to understand....

and like in this thread all that has happened is a complete distraction from the OP's statement "looking for a zero turn"...

robert

Threads
KennyV, over 3000 hits would seem to prove you wrong, yet again.

Ric, ok, I'll take the position that you now agree with; a zero turn mower must be operated in a very deliberate manner, turning using the time consuming 'T' turn in order to avoid damaging turf.

So now we have agreed on a number of important points; turning properly with a zt takes alot of time, a zt is desgined to mow and mow only-on level ground free of defects (remember this comes from Husqvarna) with the exception of one brand a zero turn is not able to tow much of anything AND the factory options for zero turns are very very limited.

So now all that really is left is to point out to all those who are following that several here have admitted that they use both a zt and tractor but if had to choose one machine type only which to have available for use on their property all would select the much more versatile and robust tractor.

:smile:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
KennyV, over 3000 hits would seem to prove you wrong, yet again.

Ric, ok, I'll take the position that you now agree with; a zero turn mower must be operated in a very deliberate manner, turning using the time consuming 'T' turn in order to avoid damaging turf.

So now we have agreed on a number of important points; turning properly with a zt takes alot of time, a zt is desgined to mow and mow only-on level ground free of defects (remember this comes from Husqvarna) with the exception of one brand a zero turn is not able to tow much of anything AND the factory options for zero turns are very very limited.

So now all that really is left is to point out to all those who are following that several here have admitted that they use both a zt and tractor but if had to choose one machine type only which to have available for use on their property all would select the much more versatile and robust tractor.

:smile:

Robert I don't agree with you on anything. you have no common sense when it come to using a mower if you did you would know that anyone who mows with a zero turn would never make a zero turn on grass to begin with. Your inability to operate a ZTR and post half truths from Scag and Husqvarna shows everyone your lack of common sense. You talk about this T turnDuh....gifread the post from Scag, it's a Y turn and it's faster than any tractor can make a three point turn and more productive.

You Talk about Husqvarna being the world leader in power equipment and they may well be but what's laughable is they own I believe less than 10% of the US mower market, the company doesn't even actually have an owner it's run by share holders from Sweden .

Agree with you NO, I agree with Kenny, You Can Not explain, common sense to someone that has none...
You will Never grasp the obvious, you will never have any desire OR ability to understand.
Robert I've seen one thing happen on this and a couple of other threads here on the forum that you are currently posting on and that is an individual (YOU) completely ruin his reputation through shear stupidity.

robert

Threads
Ric, so I needn't bother asking you to be my Facebook bud?:confused3: