looking for a zero turn 3.27 acres

Sammy the Red

Threads
It all comes down to good old fashion common sense.

Theres them words again ! --> "Common Sense":thumbsup:
Some don't have much, buy cheap and can't figure out how to operate a Z-turn. :rolleyes:

Sammy the Red

Threads
$20K ?
$21K , a convertible (180 the seat and controls).
I do not see how this could work otherwise..
I think a small snowplow could work,maybe.

Not sure of the price. Ad says 8% discount if you order the bucket and blade at the same time. Controls are mounted on the tillers.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Were one to have the capability to read all the operators/owners manuals for selfpropelled machines I think that one would find the "unapproved aftermarket accessories/attachments" clause in all of the manuals, it is a legal thing not an anti aftermarket thing.
Most ZTRs have metal protective pieces around the rear mounted engine that are not intended to have a high towing weight capacity. However I have used a ZTR to tow another ZTR with a disabled engine., both machines weighed over 1,100 LBS, but I did it from the front of the ZTR. I have installed heavy duty towing rings on the front of some of my customers ZTRs for this purpose. Several cemeterys whose machines I service are abused by the "bone head" drifters that they hire, and that's all I'll say about that topic!!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::laughing:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Something that I'm reading in throughout this thread frequently is about the use of a Ztr and there only use is for a large lawn.
I like to know what people consider to to be a large lawn ?

robert

Threads
Ric, Sammy, earthworm ; to imply that the drive/chasis of a particular zt is able to handle any implement which is advertised as being -compatible- with that mower is irresponsible.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am not side-stepping your question, perhaps I am not explaining it well enough; pro's have taken favor with the zt for really one reason and that reason is the zt has the -potential- to reduce trimming time, also those lawn care companies with wide trailers are able to load a zt sideways giving them much more room to transport machines.

The Professionals all run Ztr's because of the Turning Radius because the Ztr's have the tightest turn a tractor can make. Because of the smaller the turning radius of the Ztr it results in less trimming around obstacles such as trees, fence posts, flower beds, etc. which a lawn tractor cannot provide. A smaller turning radius also results in shorter cutting times which is something a lawn or garden tractor cannot provide. The Maneuverability of the Ztr, saves time, and saves gas and IMO delivers a better cut making it a better choice for the Professional and the Homeowner.

robert

Threads
Ric, well yes-turning radius does/can/may/might reduce -trimming- time :eek:

One more time-if all you want to do is MOW a larger parcel, which has near golf course putting green terrain, a zero turn MIGHT be the better choice over a gt or cut but for the average homeowner and all larger property owners the single purpose/capability zero turn is NOT the best choice.

Let me now get all you zt'ers shorts really knotted up-an articulated machine, sic-Steiner, is perhaps the most capable of any machine unless one has serious need for heavy duty implements.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric, well yes-turning radius does/can/may/might reduce -trimming- time :eek:

One more time-if all you want to do is MOW a larger parcel, which has near golf course putting green terrain, a zero turn MIGHT be the better choice over a gt or cut but for the average homeowner and all larger property owners the single purpose/capability zero turn is NOT the best choice.

Let me now get all you zt'ers shorts really knotted up-an articulated machine, sic-Steiner, is perhaps the most capable of any machine unless one has serious need for heavy duty implements.

What is this crap (One more time-if all you want to do is MOW a larger parcel which has near golf course putting green terrain) That statement is one of the most bogus statements in the world and anyone that believes that is as confused :confused2: as you. Once more that's just more of your propaganda that you're spreading.
The Ztr is one of the best mowers available for the homeowner with a small lot, it's one of the best tight area mowers available on the market today because of it's maneuverability, pivoting front ends and floating decks so terrain is actually irrelevant.
Take a look around Robert, the Professionals who service residential owners do 1/4 acre lots and less in sub-divisions everyday with 60" commercial machines. Cub Cadet, Exmark, Grasshopper, Dixie Chopper all 48" to 60" cutting machines.

Time for a reality check Robert. :rolleyes:

Mowerdawg

Threads
What is this crap (One more time-if all you want to do is MOW a larger parcel which has near golf course putting green terrain) That statement is one of the most bogus statements in the world and anyone that believes that is as confused :confused2: as you. Once more that's just more of your propaganda that you're spreading.
The Ztr is one of the best mowers available for the homeowner with a small lot, it's one of the best tight area mowers available on the market today because of it's maneuverability, pivoting front ends and floating decks so terrain is actually irrelevant.
Take a look around Robert, the Professionals who service residential owners do 1/4 acre lots and less in sub-divisions everyday with 60" commercial machines. Cub Cadet, Exmark, Grasshopper, Dixie Chopper all 48" to 60" cutting machines.

Time for a reality check Robert. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but if those Hydro Gear pumps or Parker Wheel motors goes out.........ouch! Not something the general public is ready for generally, where pros can perhaps afford a repair with those costs...thoughts?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah, but if those Hydro Gear pumps or Parker Wheel motors goes out.........ouch! Not something the general public is ready for generally, where pros can perhaps afford a repair with those costs...thoughts?

Hydro Gear and similar drive systems are found on many GT and larger tractors in addition to ZTRs. Wheel motors and pumps have been a mainstay on many ZTRs and have proven to be very reliable. In the 70s I had an Economy (Power King) and a Farmall Cub, both with dry disc clutch and manual transmissions, great machines but slower than molasses to mow with unless long straight runs. I bought a Case 446 GT which is hydraulic drive, sold both the Economy and the Farmall Cub and never looked back.
As for robert, he must have a large fleet of both GTs and ZTRs. The many hours mowing with both have provided him with his 100% assured factual information about the characteristics both good and bad about the operation of GTs and ZTRs on every lawn type possible across the entire country.
Now if you gents will excuse, I need to hookup my trailer and use my Scag Tiger Cub to tear up lots of customers turf while cleaning up the last of the slow to fall leaves. I will probably spend 4 hours both today and tomorrow tearing up turf on my ZTR when I really should have used my GT!!!!!!! LOL!!!! HaHa!!!! Seeya!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::laughing:

Last edited: