Kubota 326Z Diesel engine going out

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Going to assume you have the D1005 engine. When you turn on the key does the glow plug light come on for about 10 seconds then go off? If you sprayed diesel into the air intake with hot glow plugs you should get some kind of fire out of the engine. Hot glow plugs+compression+fuel should at least give you something. Do you get any kind of black or white smoke out of the exhaust?
When you say loosened the injectors are you loosening the line at the top of the injectors or loosening the injectors themselves? you need to bleed the system up to the injector pump before bleeding the injector lines. Don't loosen the injectors themselves. Is there any fuel up to either filter? Do we know if the lift pump is working?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I filled up the tank all the way. I loosen up injectors again. Got a spray bottle sprayed Diesel into the air hole.. Nothing happed still NO START...
Many mistakes made here. Best bet is to consult the Kubota manual to see how they recommend changing fuel filters and priming the fuel system, injection pump and injectors.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some where on the injector pump or on the filter will be a manual pump .
You need to open the fuel line from the filter to the pump and hand pump till it stops frothing
Close the pump input line and then crack each of the injector lines at the injectors and once again pump till oil issues from one of them.
Depending upon how the injection is timed electric or mechanical you might be able to bleed all of them ( electric only ) .
Then & only then you can start to crank the engine using SHORT shots of Aerostart down the air intake.
You can flood a diesel engine just as easily as you can flood a petrol engine so don't spray too much and don't pour diesel directly into the cylinder.
A LIQUID CAN NOT BURN so all you will accomplish is breaking a ring or hydrolocking the engine

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am assuming he has the D1005 engine. There are 3 different lift pumps that can be on the engine. Electric, manual with bleed lever and manual with out a bleed lever. There are a couple different filter types also. If the tank is above the engine it can have the lift pump without a priming lever. If the tank is below the engine a mechanical pump will have a manual bleeding lever. Electric can come on either. If he has the mechanical lift pump with the lever on the side he can pull the inlet line off the injector pump and manually pump the lever till fuel comes out and depending on the filters fill the spin on filter with fuel before installing. Not knowing exactly what he has i suggested things that will work on any system. The injector pump is mechanical driven by a camshaft.

Fatdaddy

Threads
Found a older man who works on them and tractors.. I stilll can get is started... I need to get it on my tilt trailer take to him to give me a price let him check it out.. How do you put it in neutral to get it to roll?? my have to winch it on the trailer wish could roll it up..
Thank ALL OF YOU FOR HELPING ME !!!

Fatdaddy

Threads
Guys I still have not solved my problem of it not starting.. Does anybody have a pic or where the manually pump is located?? My engine is a D1005E3.. here is a pic of my injectors I unhooked the rubber hose to the injecter and turn on key and diesel flows out of the hose. I did Uconnect all 3 injectors and turn on key and nothing comes out.. how do I FIND this manual pump or what else can I do. I hate to be so stupid on doing this but I am..
David
Tennessee

Attachments

• Resized_20201028_145418_20201028_145627[216].jpeg
    Resized_20201028_145418_20201028_145627[216].jpeg
    427.7 KB · Views: 12

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
How many hours on Kubota Diesel engine? What condition is air filter in? Have you tried adjusting valves & injectors per engine Service Manual?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Need to know if you have an electric lift pump or a mechanical. The lift pump pushes fuel up to the injector pump. If you pull the fuel line off the injector pump and turn the key on and fuel comes out you must have an electric lift pump. If you have a mechanical lift pump that bolts to the side if the engine there should be a lever on the pump. You remove the fuel line from the injector pump and manually pump the lever till fuel comes out the line. Then reconnect the line and loosen the injector lines at the top of the injectors and then crank the engine like you are trying to start at it full throttle till fuel pulses out the fittings then tighten the fittings and then the engine should start. The manual pump is there to purge air from new filters and line up to the injector pump at a couple psi. The injector pump puts out a couple thousand PSI. Don't adjust anything on the injector pump. The only time fuel will come out of the injector pump unless the engine is cranking over or running.

Fatdaddy

Threads
yes I turn the key on and fuel comes out of the hose. So I do have a electric. So it is electric what is next?
A neighbor did connect a meter to the pump and said it was cutting on...

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you have fuel coming out the hose to the injector pump when you turn the key on the system should be primed up to the injector pump. Let's see if the injector pump is working. The engine speed in a diesel engine is controlled by how much fuel is delivered to the injectors not a throttle valve like in a gas engine. The more you advance the throttle the more fuel the injector pump delivers each stroke and it delivers the fuel at a couple thousand PSI. If you pull a line off one of the injectors and set the throttle at full speed and crank the engine for about 10 seconds let the starter cool for about a minute and then crank it for ten more seconds. You should get some fuel coming out of the line. You set it at full throttle to get the most fuel per injector pulse. If no fuel comes out the injector line you have a problem with the injection pump.