Impact driver vs impact wrench

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The big question is how many ugga duggas on the impact is 90 ft/lbs?
I have no idea as I stop at the first hint of my Aircat 1150K going into hammer mode which on these 5/8 Flange nuts is around 70+ ft/lbs. Much easier just to use the torque wrench afterwards to get to spec. PLus just had upgrade HFT 1/2 dr torque wrenches to Lexivon ones. I recently had two HFT to fail to click to correct torque. I brought two HFT replacements which had to return because the scales didn't even line up. Both the RH and LH Lexivon wrenches at right on the nose when they click when check with the digital torque adapter here. BTW Lexivon don't sell LH torque wrenches but I got one modifed one anyways. Having a two year warranty is a nice addition too as I usually break one or two per year.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Deflecting bar wrenches are usually accurate right out of the box and remain that way for almost all of their life
The clicker does wear over time and will click earlier but on most good ones it is replaceable .
Micrometer adjustment ones are almost never accurate and unless regularly checked go out of calibration very quickly because they rely on a thin spring .
If you want to have fun, go to your favourite junk shop, take 2 out of their boxes , connect them together set them to the same tension then see if they click together .

rigoletto

Threads
Got the new spindle shaft, it fit nicely. returned the defective ebay one. Tightened up the nut to 90 lbs with torque wrench. All went well. Big thanks to all here who helped me out with so many tips!