Ignition coil

Curtisun

Threads
If it is not more than 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch it would not hurt to grind off that corner. I have had to modify some before. The critical part is the end near the flywheel and I think it is the intake your are speaking of. I have even had to drill the holes larger because I could not get the correct coil. The thing about buying aftermarket parts is that some of them may look the same but operation wise they are not. But aftermarket parts are cheaper and if your modification stops it from working then you have lost a lot less. This I think is what he has. The pic is not great.
1692448696585.png

Joed756

Threads
It’s not the cover it’s hitting it’s the exhaust or intake manifold pipe I wouldn’t be grinding the front part that touches the flywheel it would just be the back corner a couple millimeters grind it off to fit from stop hitting the manifold pipe
It's a $36.00 gamble. Feeling lucky?

RevB

Threads
I have a Kohler 24 HP Vtwin riding lawnmower with a CV25S motor I bought new ignition coils for it and was told they are the correct ones but they do not fit they are a little bigger I was wondering if I could grind down a little part of the back of the ignition coil for it to fit. View attachment 66300
I have a Kohler 24 HP Vtwin riding lawnmower with a CV25S motor I bought new ignition coils for it and was told they are the correct ones but they do not fit they are a little bigger I was wondering if I could grind down a little part of the back of the ignition coil for it to fit. View attachment 66300
Coils so seldom "go bad". What does go bad in some cases is the plug cable....specifically the carbon core type. There is a carbon impregnated string that carries the electrical load and often the string's crimp contact with the plug connector isn't the best. I've fixed several with the following: NGK (8328) LB01EP Spark Plug Cap.
They have a screw in the cable end that runs up into the cable making positive contact over about a half inch. And can be removed and reused easily. Bought two coils for a Kawasaki before I cut off the original boot on the original coil and found the real cause.

stevieb50

Threads
If you don't have it all back together yet, pull the flywheel and check the flywheel key. The best way to get the flywheel off is to use a harmonic balancer puller. If you have an O'Reilly's Auto Parts, Autozone or similar auto parts store near, you can possibly borrow one with a refundable deposit.
Ok I'll see about checking that. I am putting it back together today

Tony450

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is no way I would grind on the rear of that coil. I would find the correct coil that fits.

Tommy Mckeown

Threads
I have a Kohler 24 HP Vtwin riding lawnmower with a CV25S motor I bought new ignition coils for it and was told they are the correct ones but they do not fit they are a little bigger I was wondering if I could grind down a little part of the back of the ignition coil for it to fit.

The short answer that you are looking for is YES, you can grind down the iron portion of the coil. It will not affect the operation of the coil.

the.doc

Threads
Why does it keep saying upload file is too large it’s a simple picture that cropped to the smallest and I can add a picture
The file holding the picture is too big to upload to this website. There are places you can find online that will shrink the file size for you. Picture will still look good. Your file's name probably ends .jpg or .png. See what it is and search for a compressor for tha kind of file. E.G. "jpg compressor"

first pull

Threads
I wouldn't