Ignition coil

stevieb50

Threads
If they are truely hitting the exhaust manifold then you are definely installing them in the wrong place as the exhaust is on the bottom of the cylinder heads.
Then it’s probably the intake manifold lol I’m trying to post a picture but it says file too large and I can crop the screenshot any smaller than I can right now

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Kohler Moduels.jpg
This is out of the Kohler CV twin manual so as you can see the fact that your new module is larger than the original is correct. Kohler did make that change. I don't believe it being an Amazon part is why it won't mount. It may why it doesn't work after you get it mounted or why it only lasts one season but the new design was significantly larger than the original and I do remember this issue coming up but can't remember the solution. If I remember correctly, it affected such a small number of engines Kohler never offered a bulletin about it. I was asking about it being aftermarket for a different reason that has nothing to do with the part not fitting.

Can you answer these 3 things for me?

Can you give me the engine serial number or at least the first two digits?
Does your engine use a heavy duty canister style air filter?
What brand of equipment is this engine on? Assuming of course it is the original engine on the original piece of equipment.

I wouldn't worry any more about pictures right now. If you can give me those answers I will see what I can find out for you. I can't make any promises because I'm counting on someone's memory that might not be any better than mine.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Okay. I can't believe this wasn't the very first thing I asked you but, what was the reason for replacing the modules in the first place?

Tom Taylor

Forum Newbie
Threads
It’s not the cover it’s hitting it’s the exhaust or intake manifold pipe I wouldn’t be grinding the front part that touches the flywheel it would just be the back corner a couple millimeters grind it off to fit from stop hitting the manifold pipe
Yes you can grind off the offending corner so that it no longer touches the manifold. It will not affect the performance of the coil.

stevieb50

Threads
View attachment 66314
This is out of the Kohler CV twin manual so as you can see the fact that your new module is larger than the original is correct. Kohler did make that change. I don't believe it being an Amazon part is why it won't mount. It may why it doesn't work after you get it mounted or why it only lasts one season but the new design was significantly larger than the original and I do remember this issue coming up but can't remember the solution. If I remember correctly, it affected such a small number of engines Kohler never offered a bulletin about it. I was asking about it being aftermarket for a different reason that has nothing to do with the part not fitting.

Can you answer these 3 things for me?

Can you give me the engine serial number or at least the first two digits?
Does your engine use a heavy duty canister style air filter?
What brand of equipment is this engine on? Assuming of course it is the original engine on the original piece of equipment.

I wouldn't worry any more about pictures right now. If you can give me those answers I will see what I can find out for you. I can't make any promises because I'm counting on someone's memory that might not be any better than mine.
At work now I’ll send that when I get home thanks

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why does it keep saying upload file is too large it’s a simple picture that cropped to the smallest and I can add a picture
While you have the picture on your computer screen, go to the dropdown menu "search", and type in "snipping tool" and do a screenshot of it, then upload that one.