CHAINSAW BRANDS

What do you think is the order of these chainsaw brands: Echo, Stihl, and Husqvarna in terms of who is better. I think those are probably the top 3. I think we have all figured out Stihl is probably the best, but which is second best, Echo or Husqvarna?

All three are good saws. Can't say for sure now but in the past Sachs Dolmar and Johnserd outta fit in that class as well. They still build saws and both are quality.
 
What do you think is the order of these chainsaw brands: Echo, Stihl, and Husqvarna in terms of who is better. I think those are probably the top 3. I think we have all figured out Stihl is probably the best, but which is second best, Echo or Husqvarna?

1. Stihl
2. Husqvarna
3. ??
I have used Stihl, Husqvarna, Poulan, Echo, and a few others. IMHO, none are equal with Stihl, but Husqvarna is a close second.
 
1. Stihl (had mine for years an love it)
2. Echo (because there top handle saw are light quick an powerful I rented one a while back an loved it plan to buy one soon!:rolleyes:
3. Husqavarna (they are getting more an more like a Poland now :thumbdown:
 
Only ever used stihls and will only ever use stihl was sold on the first use. I've used a few different ones from 10" to 20" bars
 
MBTRAK, great reply, thanks.


Have only owned Husky, but has been great, 18 " bar. Many many cords of madrone and now doug fir maintenance. Repaired pull cord and replaced chain sprocket. Original bar.

Saw is vintage 2000.
 
Greetings!

When I moved out to the country from near a big city, I needed a saw.
The country house was on 60 wooded acres and had 2 fire places.
Didn't know what to buy but saw Poulan ads when watching NFL games.
Big mistake, didn't even have a chain break. Used it for a couple years
till I realized it wasn't made for the kind of use I was putting it to.

A contractor owed me a favor and gave me a brand new 20in Husky rancher.
Great saw, but heavy for an old man, but I was impressed with the Husky
so I bought a 14 to do most of the work. The big one only comes out when needed.

Can't comment on the brands other that Poulan "junk". If I were to
buy another saw it would be a Husky.

hilcntry/Tom
 
1. Husqvarna
2. Stihl

I own both saws and the Husqvarna cuts much faster then the Stihl, with less repairs. Also the Husky is a lot lighter.
 
I have an 18" Husqvarna that has done a nice job for me. We have 19 acres, about half of which is wooded.

I went through two "toolless" Poulan Pros before I bought this saw. The self - oiler went out on both of them fairly quickly.

Haven't used a Stihl because the price is a little steep for what I need. But I have read and heard great reviews.
 
jonsred used to be a sponsor of the band Jackyl,but you set one of their smaller homeowner saws beside a husky and a crasftsman,of the same sizemand theyre the same saw
 
Back
Top