Buying house with 6 acres - Need help selecting a mower - JD or Dixon?

robert

Threads
  • / Buying house with 6 acres - Need help selecting a mower - JD or Dixon?
KennyV, too bad that all he will be able to do is mow, and really not all that fast when he 'learns' the proper way because it will no longer really be a zero turn anymore will it?

Will you perhaps care to comment on what Scag and Briggs say about the zero turn?

This place is full of people who have developed a terminal case of 'factophobia'. :eek:

jenkinsph

Threads
KennyV, too bad that all he will be able to do is mow, and really not all that fast when he 'learns' the proper way because it will no longer really be a zero turn anymore will it?

Will you perhaps care to comment on what Scag and Briggs say about the zero turn?

This place is full of people who have developed a terminal case of 'factophobia'. :eek:

Robert,
I try to respect everyones opinion, I like GT's too and have been satisfied with mine, but man you need to let this go. This really disrupts the OP's thread which isn't fair or polite.

Sammy the Red

Threads
Robert,
I try to respect everyones opinion, I like GT's too and have been satisfied with mine, but man you need to let this go. This really disrupts the OP's thread which isn't fair or polite.

I agree......... Let us move on. :smile:

Black Bart

Threads

robert

Threads
Hasn't the op stated that he appreciates the banter and information-will the distortion of the facts not cease?

The op requested facts lets provide what was requested, please comment on what Briggs and Scag say about the inherent design of the zero turn and since all refuse to comment on towing weights this also will be provided by me: Hustler states that their commercial mowers are able to tow a 400lb limit INCLUDING the weight of the operator-Grasshopper stated to me that their machines are rated for a limit that can be moved by HAND. I provided the limit for my rotten Exmark, for my great Cub-who is providing useful info: me or you?

This is the type of info the op was looking for, BlackBart, Parkmower, Tindal et al, why did not YOU provide this for the op?-WHO is being impolite and unfair?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
...-WHO is being impolite and unfair?

WHO is just being argumentative?...

There comes a point when it just sounds like "sour grapes" .... :smile:KennyV

robert

Threads
KennyV, have you ever posted anything factual here?

Tindal

Threads
Just ask Robert , he read it and will tell you where he read it , so it must be true!

txzrider

Threads
Robert I don't think I have heard such a repetitive load of bs in years. I mowed with a snapper zrider 13hp 33 inch deck for 15 years. I used it all year long to move my golf cart trailer with the 800 pound golf cart on it more times that I can count, I use it much like several others here in that if I can use it to carrry something up my slope from the car to the back yard I do. It has a joystick which is less accurate to steer with than the dual levers but is great for low branches. It has eaton 778 hydos that have never needed service. I just replaced it with a country clipper 20hp 38 inch deck, complete with joystick and easily serviced fabricated deck. this is definitly residentual quality stuff but if the new one holds us as well as the snapper... it may be the last one I buy. And short of mowing fields... I would only buy a ztr. With the amount of property this thread is about I would probably eventually look for a small compact tractor(after the ztr purchase). Robert your opinions are just that yours I respect them but I dont share them because I have 15 years of experience with far different results. I tried 3 gt's before I switched to zt's all would dig in on turns and mess up my lawn, it took me less than 5 min to learn to use my snapper and it never does that. I also have a cyclone rake I pull twice a year, according to cylone rake the snapper was under powered to pull it, it pulled it great! I expect the country clipper to do even better. By the way whoever was willing to put money where his mouth is on pulling you cc backwards I would like some of that action and I would put it on the zt. All it takes to mow with a zt is to understand some fundamental physics involved... the inside wheel has to turn slower than the outside wheel when turning, if you understand that... you are trained.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Robert,
I have not read the entire thread, but I have read enough to defend KennyV - If you had been here (on this forum) long, You would know that KennyV has been one of the most informative and helpful people on the forum. :thumbsup:
Different people have had and will have different experiences with different equipment in different circumstances.
I don't believe any one person knows it all !