Best Oil To Use For Kawasaki

Lawn Addict
Threads
In the Deep South, we only use the 20w-50 at the Dealers recommendation.

Wrenchit

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kawasaki or Kohler oil.
Both made by same company.
Contains Zinc that's unaffected by heat.
Better protection in all heat ranges.
Don't use in car, or it will ruin your catalytic converter.
Certified Mechanic, Kawasaki, Kohler, and Briggs MST.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Zinc or zinc dialkyl dithiophosphate (ZDDP) in motor oil creates a protective coating on metal surfaces in the engine so it can stand up to the stress put on the camshaft and other components. Your average oil produced today provides enough protection for most cars used in normal operating conditions.

davis2

Threads
Cheapest Walmart Supertech 30w you can find. Get it in the 2 gallon jugs at Walmart for pennies on the dollar.
Richard Ehrenberg SAE from Mopar Action magazine says the same thing... Walmart oil. I use it in my Cub 782

GrumpyCat

Threads
Zinc or zinc dialkyl dithiophosphate (ZDDP) in motor oil creates a protective coating on metal surfaces in the engine so it can stand up to the stress put on the camshaft and other components. Your average oil produced today provides enough protection for most cars used in normal operating conditions.
ZDDP only protects when the oil film fails. High lift cam shafts in hot rods which do not use roller lifters need ZDDP oil changed every 1500 miles because the ZDDP is consumed in contact.

So what I am saying is an engine which requires ZDDP oil is defective in design.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would not call "solid lifter" engines defective.
No.
just cheaper to make
Mower engines are so unstressed and valve pressure is so low that cats urine would probably do for lubricating the cams
People pull stuff from web sites that is correct for the subject there and because they do not actually understand the fundamental science / engineering behind it think that it should be universally applicable
Perfect example is the valve seat recession that was going to cause every engine designed to run on leaded fuel to self destruct .
Did it happen , well very occasionally
why did every car not not fall apart ?
Well because the study was on air craft engines not car engines
So only applicable to engines running under lean burn conditions at 20,000+ feet
But every motor journalist jumped on the band waggon

Well ZZDP is exactly the same story
It protects from scuffing wear when the boundary lubrication of the oil breaks down
Can this happen on a mower engine ?
only if you fit double valve spring and rapid rise high lift cams and even then there would probably be enough oil splashing around to keep the cam lobes & followers happy.
This is of course provided you are running some thing a little heavier than sewing machine oil in the sump .