B&S Vanguard fuel solenoid not available

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Those anti afterfire solenoids, DO NOT control fuel flow into the bowl, or into the intake... carb needles will still fail, and carbs with those solenoids will still fill up a crankcase with gas if the needle or float fails.
all it does is block off the main jet... gas can still flow up in vent passages into the carb and fill up a crankcase.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Remove or disable the after fire solenoid. Install a fuel cut off valve and use it.

About a minute prior to being finished mowing, I reach around and shut off my fuel. As is driving into the garage the fuel is off.

slomo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have to remember that OZ is a small market with big ideas
So to bolster B & S warehouse profits authorised dealers have to keep , or at least initally order a lot of parts although that does include wholegoods but only B & S branded ones.
At one time I did have that amount of new engines but they all came fro SEW or SES which made them 2/3 the price of stock from the warehouse even including shipping.
Kohler is about the same
Stihl require a minimum of $ 8,000 to be stocked at all times and apparently they require you to use their inventory soft wear so they can check what you have in stock.
This is supposedly so you can supply another dealer if the warehouse is at nil stock ( like I believe that ) .

It has been the same story here from day one
Too many people trying to make too much profit from too small a turn over

And of course I am mobile & as such have no real retail presence other than a rack of oils by the workshop door .
All of the franchisors want to see retail showroom space full of their POS advertising which of course I am supposed to pay for .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Im beginning to think Slomo has stock in a Fuel Shut Off valve company.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
tenor.gif

Snowman1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you all for your helpful replies. In particular the suggestion from bertsmobile1 to temporarily replace the solenoid with a screw and the reassurance that it will do no harm. I have passed that on to the repairers and they are going to try it - if they can get the correct screw! In case they are unable to source the actual part, do you know the sizes of the screw please? (length, diameter and thread)

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
You can just snip off the plunger rod and screw it back in.