B&S Vanguard fuel solenoid not available

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
A local dealer told me his supplier told him that briggs has stopped ordering engine parts for the spares system. Hope it is a bad rumor but What does that tell you?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
A local dealer told me his supplier told him that briggs has stopped ordering engine parts for the spares system. Hope it is a bad rumor but What does that tell you?
sounds like briggs might be going down the toilet.......
maybe Kohler built the toilet... :LOL:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like the manufacturer of the cam shafts will not supply B & S till they pay for the stuff they got out of paying for legally by declairing.
We have worked with several customers who went under on the grounds that they payed 20% higher rate for their couriers till the money they owed was paid off.
It actually worked really well for both of us.
We got our money & they managed their couriers lot more efficiently .
The last lot of cams I bought , back in 2018 because B &S australia could not supply , came off Made In China & had to order 20 as they were ( supposedly ) coming directly from the factory.
I fitted one, kept 4 and sold the other 15 in 2 days on evilpay for twice what I paid for them.
To date I have not needed any more but only have one left .
A PIA to spend 6 hours on the web but worth it in the long run .
When I get rid of the last 5 engines in stock I will no longer fit any more B & S engines for this reason.
No good encouraging a customer to fit a new engine then not being able to repair them
RGS wholesale Kawakasi & Stens are supposed to be wholesaling Loncin down here and because of MTD & Toro both are stocking Loncin parts .
And to add to the insult the last 3 times I tried to download a B & S IPL I got redirected to the Power Portal which because I am not an authorised B & S dealer I can not access.
People who pay themselves $ 500,000 /pa do not seem to have any idea about the reality on the ground.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If chineese Honda knockoffs become the new industry standard i wonder if there will be knockoffs of the knockoffs?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bert all you need to access the Power Portal so you can download IPLs and repair manuals is a Technician account under a willing dealer account. You will be limit to the following resources.
1625660684733.png

Bert, are you a member of the ODK forum? If so contact user AVB there and he maybe able to help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That sounds good
B & S OZ told me something substantially different ,
ie ;- do an acredited course ( in Melbourne , 1100km away ) for an outrageous amount of money then open an account ( which requires $ 30,000 of stock to be held )
By ODK I presume you mean the King run by Bruce
In which case yes I am but not been financial for a while.
But I will chase it up

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes Bruce's site.

I just don't see why Briggs is such a pain to deal when you are an independent shop. I only got around 8K in Briggs parts here but have over 35K in all parts I just see a reason to carry thing that are slow mowers especially when distributor can normally deliver in three days or less. I did have about 15K at one time but Briggs parts gotten very slow so my inventory is dropping fast.

I was ordering direct from Power Distributors until they got pissed when they found out I had better discount from another distributor that drop ships through them. 20% is a lot better than 10%, just takes an extra day. They closed my account. They should have just verified the discount I was getting and offer me the same. They would have made more profit instead of me going the second and third distributors.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
If chineese Honda knockoffs become the new industry standard i wonder if there will be knockoffs of the knockoffs?
good question..... maybe we'll start getting $50 knockoff's of the $100 knockoffs.

Rocky J

Threads
I have unscrewed the solenoid and cut off the bottom so it can not plug the main jet and that make it the same as the bolt they sell to plug the hole . It is already junk so no foul . Before that part we had the bolt and when we were ready to shut the engine off we let it run at a ideal long enough to cool some , lets the carbon on the head and piston to quit glowing and cause the rod breaking backfire,

jlee4363

Threads
Is the solenoid working but leaking? If so put an inline fuel shutoff valve between pump and carb, cut it off before you kill it cut it on right after you crank. Solenoid controlled carbs are junk meant to be problematic. If it's not functioning remove or grind solenoid stem off and use the inline valve to control fuel flow. Even if you repair it with new solenoid it's gonna fail again. The valve will prevent fuel entering crankcase oil or flooding while parked. $6 permanent fix as opposed to $60 labor charge to install a i don't know $15 or $20 solenoid every year or so. G'luck