YES, I am back!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm glad to see that you came back, twall.

I believe that some admin control is necessary for any forum to maintain civility. When people are sitting at computers, some feel free to type really nasty stuff -- so some editing is necessary. The question is exactly how to do that -- to find the best balance,

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think we have a decent balance here.

True, the language and opinions can wax a tad salty at times, but overall, I do believe we are a decent group of folks.

And we do tend to bleep ourselves of any really nasty poop. If you know what's under those dashes, stars, or acronyms doesn't mean (and isn't the same as if) we blatantly SAID it. :biggrin:

Sent from my WX445 using LMF

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
JDgreen said:
WTF?????!!!! :eek::confused2:

THAT REALLY TICKS ME OFF BIG TIME.....:mad::mad::thumbdown::thumbdown:

And you know what I am referring to, Twall....NO PROFANITY PERMITTED HERE !!!

You guys tell me the word "W-----" isn't a dirty word......:laughing::laughing::laughing:

W--re all by itself in the Biblical sense (the Bible being a point of reference, not as a religious text), although frowned upon, is not profane. That profane word would be s---t (and it rhymes with 'but').

However, postwhore is a term specific to bulletin boards and forums on the Internet. It refers to the action of one who posts useless banal very short responses (or just a smiley), merely to increase their postcount. Nothing profane at all.

Doesn't even have a sexual reference at all to it, ulnike the root word in it suggests. It's a tongue in cheek word all the way. :wink:

Last edited:

Slater

Threads
*smacks twall in the face*
I NEVER want to see you again!
*stomps away*

No jm, glad to see you again!

I am curious, but wanted some other peoples thoughts on this. Is it just me that sees twall as a turtle with a red baseball cap? :laughing::laughing:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Who is jm ?
That Turtle wears a nifty watch with his Red BaseBall Cap ! :biggrin:
We (regular Forum members) were all glad that the "word police" didn't drive twall away. I was hoping he would fight back.... and he did ! :thumbsup:

*stomps away*

I am curious, but wanted some other peoples thoughts on this. Is it just me that sees twall as a turtle with a red baseball cap? :laughing::laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
*stomps away*

I like turtles. Not just the logo. If I ever see a turtle crossing the road, I always pull over, pick it up, and deposit it where it appears to want to go, so it doesn't get squashed. Except for snappers. Then, I let it clamp onto a hefty stick, and drag it over to where it seems to want to go. :biggrin:

My GF calls me the "Turtle Hero". :laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just Messing :smile:
So now your a superhero Turtle wearing a red baseball cap and a rolex? That is who you are to me twall :laughing:

Indeed, that is me. :biggrin: But, a FAKE Rolex.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
W--re all by itself in the Biblical sense (the Bible being a point of reference, not as a religious text), although frowned upon, is not profane. That profane word would be s---t (and it rhymes with 'but').

However, postwhore is a term specific to bulletin boards and forums on the Internet. It refers to the action of one who posts useless banal very short responses (or just a smiley), merely to increase their postcount. Nothing profane at all.

Doesn't even have a sexual reference at all to it, ulnike the root word in it suggests. It's a tongue in cheek word all the way. :wink:

"Harlot...." Now is that one profane?

Oddball

Threads
Just Messing :smile:
So now your a superhero Turtle wearing a red baseball cap and a rolex? That is who you are to me twall :laughing:

Look, in the lake, sunning himself on a log, its a turtle, its a tortoise, its Terrapin Twall. Able to cross roads at a snail's pace, able to step over the smallest of insects, he fights for truth, justice and the American lawn. Wherever there's an errant blade of grass, Terrapin Twall will be there to cut it down to size.