Would you buy the same mower again?

lucky

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a Husqvarna 48" zero-turn , fab deck . Had almost 9 years , cutting 2 ac. at lease once a week , here in fl. Still runs like new , as long as you keep up with maintaining , grease fitting , oil , air filter , blade ( here in fl. because in the sandy soil , they wear out sooner , and keep them sharp ) . So yes I would buy another one , Had riding mowers , this Zero Turn makes mowing fun and a lot lease time , All be safe and wash them HANDS .

ab38off

Forum Newbie
Threads
For 5-years I have had a Hustler Raptor SD 48” with Kawasaki motor and installed a Tornado bagger with blower. I have thick dense grass that when wet will plug the chute when taking off too much too fast. Just had my first drive belt break the other day and wasn’t a big deal to replace. The hydros are tough to change oil but most other maintenance is fairly easy. Needed the tilt up deck because it gets plugged and requires a jack to get cleaned several times a year. The hydros get out of sync speed wise for some reason. It would be a great mower if I just blew the grass out the side.
I would try to get a used higher HP commercial model with better blower bag and a tilt up deck if I had to do all over.

Gator325

Threads
Here's one that everybody can chime in on. Would you buy the same mower again, or would you go with a different model? Do you have any regrets about your purchase?

I'll start. My first mower was a John Deere 365 with 48" deck. Loved that machine for 430 hours until we sold it. But I will say that the only thing different I would do is go up to a machine that had the power to handle a 60" deck instead of the 48" deck.

How about you?
My last riding mower was the Troy-Bilt Pony 42. It did well for the first two years. Then a valve lifter cracked and had to be replaced. A few months later the other one broke. This year the flywheel cracked and the slot for the flywheel key has widened. Can not find another powermore engine for it. Won't buy another Troy-bilt or anything made in China. My service center said they are using cheap steel. He had several of the same brand in his shop for repair.

Heinz W

Threads
I bought a JD z740R, my first ZTR, last year for 3 acres of rough, uneven terrain aka our yard. 48" deck because of the obstacles and dips. Spent more than I really wanted, but I liked this machine better than any of the others I tried and I wanted to be sure it would last. Built like a tank. Delivered last May, it instantly changed my mowing game. Big time saver and cuts beautifully. In fact, I spend more time trimming and push mowing a few small areas than do on the 740R.

I absolutely would buy this machine again.

Kengineer

Forum Newbie
Threads
On the second year owning my Cub Cadet Pro Z 100, by far the best mower I have ever owned. A zero turn with a steering wheel that holds well when on grades in my yard. I would definitely buy this mower again.

dinkybear

Forum Newbie
Threads
Honda 21" Quadracut (electric start, 3 in 1 mulching mower) purchased 04/17. Runs beautifully and a welcome respite from the Craftsman piece of junk I had previously. Would purchase any Honda mower again in a heartbeat.

babiarz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would definitely buy my Walker mower MTEFI (26.0 HP) (2003) still going strong. I mow about 3 acres on my farm, even mows wet grass and I use the
collected grass clippings for compost.

blip

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's one that everybody can chime in on. Would you buy the same mower again, or would you go with a different model? Do you have any regrets about your purchase?

I'll start. My first mower was a John Deere 365 with 48" deck. Loved that machine for 430 hours until we sold it. But I will say that the only thing different I would do is go up to a machine that had the power to handle a 60" deck instead of the 48" deck.

How about you?
I have owned several zero turn mowers. Starting with a Grasshopper 48", then an Exmark Lazer z 52" then an Exmark Frontrunner 52".
Last year I bought a Toro Titan 2000 60" with "easy ride". The easy ride platform sold me plus I wanted to get rid of the tail wheel. Man I wish I had that Frontrunner back. This mower is the roughest riding unit I have ever used. If you hit a dip or hollow with one wheel it lurches & jumps like a bronco. The easy ride is a joke. I've tried every setting with no relief. No anti-scalp wheels on the rear of the deck causes it to scalp in uneven terrain. I hate this mower & cuss every time I use it. On flat even ground it cuts very nice. Mechanically it's very sound.

alanb21

Forum Newbie
Threads
If I could, I would certainly buy another if needed. My mower of choice is the Gravely 816. Some will say that this is a tractor and not a mower. Put either deck on, it's a mower. The other attachments make it a tractor.. I like it so much I now have two of them. They are nearing the 50 year mark and still going strong.

spider4446

Forum Newbie
Threads
2006 Gravely Hvz2350. It’s a residential model as I only mow an acre or so at 3 properties. It’s been great so far. Magnets came off the flywheel last year but that’s about it. I would buy again.