what would you do ???

Don

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey folks, just wondering what you would think if you bought a new mower took it home and unloaded it and put it in the shop for safe out of the weather keeping, and then went out about a couple of weeks
later and fired it up just to run it... it ran fine. Then about a week later I went out and cranked it up pulled it out and noticed that the hydrostatic drive didn't really want to engage just like it should.
So I finally got it around to where I wanted it, barely. Then it got to where it wouldn't even pull at all. So I called up the dealership told them the story and they said bring it in and we will check it.
Now it's almost three weeks later. After the first week I hadn't heard anything... so I called them up and they said, they thought it was the hydraulic pump and that they had ordered a new one for it.
Ok.... now its been almost two weeks later and no word... and I'm wondering if I have messed up good this time. The mower only has 1.6 hours, or at least that what it had when I returned it, on it.
I'm thinking, I would really like to get my hard earned cash back on this deal, but don't know if I could or not. Then again, it may be just fine after they replace the pump.....
Anybody know if there are still deal where, if you are not satisfied with a product in such and such a time you can bring it back and get your money back????

This is a certified Cub Cadet dealer.

Any thoughts ????

I appreciate you time.....

Old Goat

Threads
Hey folks, just wondering what you would think if you bought a new mower took it home and unloaded it and put it in the shop for safe out of the weather keeping, and then went out about a couple of weeks
later and fired it up just to run it... it ran fine. Then about a week later I went out and cranked it up pulled it out and noticed that the hydrostatic drive didn't really want to engage just like it should.
So I finally got it around to where I wanted it, barely. Then it got to where it wouldn't even pull at all. So I called up the dealership told them the story and they said bring it in and we will check it.
Now it's almost three weeks later. After the first week I hadn't heard anything... so I called them up and they said, they thought it was the hydraulic pump and that they had ordered a new one for it.
Ok.... now its been almost two weeks later and no word... and I'm wondering if I have messed up good this time. The mower only has 1.6 hours, or at least that what it had when I returned it, on it.
I'm thinking, I would really like to get my hard earned cash back on this deal, but don't know if I could or not. Then again, it may be just fine after they replace the pump.....
Anybody know if there are still deal where, if you are not satisfied with a product in such and such a time you can bring it back and get your money back????

This is a certified Cub Cadet dealer.

Any thoughts ????

I appreciate you time.....

I'd call the dealer first, wait for the explanation, if not satifactory to YOU, then either demand another new unit or refund and/or call a customer service representative.

Remember, you are their employer here! They are the employee.

If anyone messed up, it's them not you.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I agree, talk to the dealer first, and get a full explanation of what is going on. If you don't like what you hear, talk to the dealership owner. If you are still not satisfied, call Cub Cadet customer support. Something is just not right here.

Don

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks.... I intend on talking to them for sure... I just wish I knew more about what options I have.... as to canceling this deal or maybe just getting another machine... I guess I will see, when ever they
call me and let me know what is going on.....

Thank you guy's, Old Goat, and Rivets for your input....

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Five weeks and they still don't have it going.

After I was done yelling at them I would get my money back and go to a better dealer.
It only takes over night to get a part

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Any dealer I have ever worked for you bough it you own it. It is worth a try but hold your cool. If you go in there fighting mad you will get nowhere. Be firm and insistent, but as soon as you lose temper so does the dealer and he has the upper hand.

Don

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update: I called the owner today, and politely asked him what is the latest on my Mower.... he stumbled around for a few words then said he really didn't know what was going on, that he would have to call me back.... I thought.... I don't think he is going to call me back.... but low and behold about an hour later he got back with me. Oh, he says, the pump has been back ordered and he called the guy where he gets his parts from and the guy tells him, he's holding it in his hand...that it is going out today..... Now aint that a coincidence... I call and bingo, after four weeks I find out it's been back ordered...
So the owner says to me, if he mails it out today and I get it Wednesday, we will get on it first thing Thursday....
The beat goes on.... I am really trying to be positive through this.... I have never experienced this kind of customer relations before....
More later as this fiasco unfolds.....

bwdbrn1

Threads
You sir, are a very patient man. Hopefully this will be resolved for you soon.

IMO, if any dealer got angry with me, even if I got a bit more than peeved with their answer when I had a question, then they've lost my business. and as long as I have a copy of the warranty, phone number to the parent company, and the email address to the Better Business Bureau, then I, the consumer have the upper hand. Not the other way around.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You sir, are a very patient man. Hopefully this will be resolved for you soon.

IMO, if any dealer got angry with me, even if I got a bit more than peeved with their answer when I had a question, then they've lost my business. and as long as I have a copy of the warranty, phone number to the parent company, and the email address to the Better Business Bureau, then I, the consumer have the upper hand. Not the other way around.

The party with the money has the upper hand. The customer has a broken mower and wants there money back. Not going to happen. I have worked as a mechanic for dealers for over 25 years and never seen it happen once. OK this being said the dealer is a professional at this and you are not going to know how they feel but they are human just like the customer. The more a person yells and use fowl language the less they will get, but the person that can keep there cool but be firm and determine will get most out of the dealer.

bwdbrn1

Threads
The dealer that doesn't put the customer first is always going to loose no matter what. I think a basic study of economics will show that it is the customer who exchanges his money for the goods and services that a dealership has to offer with the understanding that the dealership will in turn provide quality merchandise and stand behind it once the exchange has been made. Unless I completely misread what the original poster said, he bought a new mower, it doesn't work, and the dealership seems to be less than enthusiastic about satisfying the customer's needs and concerns. He has very patiently waited and initiated the contact with the dealership to check on the progress they are making on his behalf and is less than excited about their response to his concerns.

He's got a machine with 1.6 hours on it, it's been in the shop for 3 weeks, and unfortunately he's been left to wonder what is going on. The customer bought a new machine, it doesn't work as it should, he calls the dealer and explains the problem. The dealer tells him to bring it back. The customer patiently asks about the progress and the dealer "stumbles" for an answer, and the one he give leaves the customer wondering. He asks what would you do, and you tell him too bad, so sad, the dealer wins all the time!

Another poster made the comment about becoming angered, and you then chose to take the dealership's side with a nana nana boo boo, we got the money, you got a broke machine, and now we got your money and your machine, we're gonna' win comments.

If a customer with a valid concern, such as this original poster did with a new mower and slow response from the dealer, it's the dealer that is going to loose, no matter how much money they have in hand. If the dealership is doing what it should in the first place, then there should never be any reason for a customer to become peeved or worried about their purchase in any way shape or fashion. The dealership should see the customer's perspective, and never put the customer in a position of questioning the decision they made, yet that is what has happened with this person.
Bad publicity, word of mouth, pressure from the parent company that doesn't want to be associated with bad service, will put a dealership with an "I got the money and you don't" attitude out of business in no time. Me personally, if I knew of a dealership like that before hand, I wouldn't even step foot in their door, and most likely wouldn't even get the chance because there would be a closed sign hanging in the window. Oh, and you probably shouldn't presume you know what I'm thinking again. You don't know who I am or what I've done in my life. To me, this is the truth of the matter. The customer is human, and has the money the dealership is seeking. The customer must always be treated with respect and the dealership must have a "bend over backwards for the customer attitude" to stay in business.

Last edited: