Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!
46573x92a This is the model number for the US version of your Mower. Happy hunting.

JayColo

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!
Hello,
I don't currently own a Murray, but am looking to buy a 96 30" rear engine model 30545 and will be posting a few questions about it.
Cheers,
Jay in Colorado

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello,
I don't currently own a Murray, but am looking to buy a 96 30" rear engine model 30545 and will be posting a few questions about it.
Cheers,
Jay in Colorado

WELCOME ...... to start off, here's a place you can find parts lists for various makes of mowers, you will need your model number.......
I'm sure you will enjoy your visits to LMF..... Best of luck ......... Boobala ...... :thumbsup: .....:welcome:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/mu..._17888.html?osCsid=3rge4jfaocark8bht32ootpbb4

Jmoxie

Threads
I just acquired a neighbors old Murray 16HP 42" lawn tractor more of a project for my son and I than anything. I will try to post a few pictures. There is no serial number tag that I can find on this one so any ideas would be great.

20160911_174745.jpgTecumseh OHV 16hp.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you still have one they are located either under the seat or in front of the seat just below it.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
As Blaznt stated , look under the seat , some decals hold up better than others due to protection from the elements and cleaning solutions , if you go to my first post in this thread (# 62 ) and click on the link you will get to the murray parts manuals which will show your mower in fairly decent details ..........you can clic on my username and get to my profile page then explore my pics of my 46" murray , I also have a 42" murray , but with a Briggs 17.5 eng. . Once you start researching your machine you will find MOST components are similar to many other models . You will find a lot of info. & help on this site BUT it is important you give your model & eng. numbers when seeking advice, pictures will also help us to help you .......... Best of luck , keep us up-dated , .. Boobala ...:thumbsup:

DSCN1449 (Small).JPG

DSCN1932 (Small).JPG

DSCN1933 (Small).JPG

Jmoxie

Threads
Thanks,

Yes I looked all over for some markings and found nothing readable. There is a sticker on the rear of the body but it is totally unreadable. I looked at the list of manuals posted on the other thread and found some similar to my machine but not exactly. It looks to be form the 1996 or 1997 timeframe. Those are the only ones I could see that had the same steering gear style.

Thought it might be easier with the name "Limited Edition" on the side of the tractor but I guess that is just a name to catch the eyes of potential buyers.

Thanks for your help.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take a picture of any stickers you find and post them. Sometimes we can get the pictures to show us there secrets

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks,

Yes I looked all over for some markings and found nothing readable. There is a sticker on the rear of the body but it is totally unreadable. I looked at the list of manuals posted on the other thread and found some similar to my machine but not exactly. It looks to be form the 1996 or 1997 timeframe. Those are the only ones I could see that had the same steering gear style.

Thought it might be easier with the name "Limited Edition" on the side of the tractor but I guess that is just a name to catch the eyes of potential buyers.

Thanks for your help.

Photograph the sticker from a few different angles.
Put the image on your computer then open it in any photo editing application, the free ones do just as good as the expensive ones.
Invert the image ( some times called make negative ) and usually the numbers will jump right out.
If that does not work reduce the brightness and increase the contrast.
If you have school age children, get them to play with it.
If the engine is a Briggs or Tecumseh, post all of the engine numbers as there is a date code in them and if the engine is original that will date the mower.
Armed with that information go Partstree or Jacks small engines or any other site that sells all brands of parts.
Use their parts look up for Murray and the year you got off the engine to find one which is the same as yours.
Most of the mechanical bits are the same only the cosmetic bits changed and of course the transmissions.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Trevor,
I've just realized this thread is in 3 different places , I don't know if he saw our posts .... I know YOU have run into this problem before when users weren't informed that the thread was moved ....... OH WELL ........:confused2: