Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!
My name is Buck, I bought a used murray 46581x92 it ran great for two seasons then started having problems. I've replaced the deck belts and cleaned carb and intake. It runs ok now but I need to replace the drive belt and somehow refill the hydrostatic trans. Problem is its a 2000 model and murray.com is no help and I can only find exploded parts diagrams and I need actual manuals.

**********************************************************************************************
All Murray owner / operator manuals I've ever seen tells how to change belts.

Being the Murray transaxles are considered non-servicable I doubt you'll find that information in their manual. As Boobala mentioned, maybe someone on the forum can help. I have a Murray but never considered transaxle maintenance so I can't help you with that. Sorry

Attachments

• murray elevated 07.jpg
    murray elevated 07.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 10

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey Buck ......... forgot I had this in my files, don't know if it pertains to your particular trans. but check it out.

http://www.wfmfiles.com/download/Te...m_-_Transmissions_&_Differentials(691218).pdf

Also ........ goto to ( surpluscenter.com ) enter ( transaxles in the search bar ) theres trannys in there that may work for you.......... thats where I bought mine ( see my ALBUMS ......( My Project & My Project Part 2 ) hoping this may help ........ Boobala .........:smile:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
GREETINGS to all Murray equipment owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Murray power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Murray owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Murray owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Murray stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Just wondering why this nice welcome is'nt a sticky on ALL the other forums ? could I suggest ..... you direct NEW visitors to the stickys in the forum SITE DISCUSSION , man it sure would have helped me early on, I'm still learning to navigate the site , other than that ...... I LUUUUUVVV the site , GREAT people, GREAT info. and ALWAYS interesting ........ Boobala :thumbsup:

STAR

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi guys!

I have just joined this site. I am from the Gold Coast Australia and live on two plus acres. I have an old 2000 model Victa / Murray ride on garden tractor (* Lawn mower )

The model number is VRO 4216HX The VRO stands for I think, Victa ride on. At the time Murrays made the mower in the US and rebranded them Victa which is the name of the famous Aussie mower.

I have the original owners manual and was looking for a Workshop manual. I see one of your forum members has stated that Murrays never produced a Workshop manual only the Owners manual which at least has line drawings.

We changed the motor from 16.5 hp to a 17hp about ten years ago and it still starts first time every time. I keep wearing out belts so would like to tighten up and get things running a bit smoother if possible.

I am not real mechanically minded but have a workshop so tend to tinker and it seems to get me by.

At the moment, the push pedal is very loose in the forward position and no go. But when I put it in reverse works ok. Trying to see a diagram of who it is supposed to look, I am guessing something has dropped off, because I cannot see where the problem is.

Hope you guys can point me in the right direction.

Seeing a lot of these mowers, regardless of the brands, run on similar systems, maybe somebody can direct me to a decent workshop manual { free is good, but if I have to pay, so be it. )

Thanks

Pete

WAM

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Murray equipment owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Murray power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Murray owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Murray owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Murray stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

I am brand new to this site and would like to start with a post but am lost in how to do it but will try.
I am the owner of several Lawn Tractors but have a request regarding a 1996 Murray 42" mower, Model 82816B powered with a Tecumseh Engine Model OHV16-204212B. I am in need of the lower Crankshaft Oil Seal. The seal has
538744 CR USA stamped into the race. The number seems to have no value to Chicago Rawhide or any on-line parts house. If someone has a recommended vendor or replacement part number I would be grateful in you sharing it. I am reluctant to remove the seal for exact measurements as a leaking seal is better than no seal at all but it approx. 2.1" OD and the ID is approx. 1.6".

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Google search with part number 36301

google.com/search?q=36301&oq=36301&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=tecumseh+36301

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi guys!

I have just joined this site. I am from the Gold Coast Australia and live on two plus acres. I have an old 2000 model Victa / Murray ride on garden tractor (* Lawn mower )

The model number is VRO 4216HX The VRO stands for I think, Victa ride on. At the time Murrays made the mower in the US and rebranded them Victa which is the name of the famous Aussie mower.

I have the original owners manual and was looking for a Workshop manual. I see one of your forum members has stated that Murrays never produced a Workshop manual only the Owners manual which at least has line drawings.

We changed the motor from 16.5 hp to a 17hp about ten years ago and it still starts first time every time. I keep wearing out belts so would like to tighten up and get things running a bit smoother if possible.

I am not real mechanically minded but have a workshop so tend to tinker and it seems to get me by.

At the moment, the push pedal is very loose in the forward position and no go. But when I put it in reverse works ok. Trying to see a diagram of who it is supposed to look, I am guessing something has dropped off, because I cannot see where the problem is.

Seeing a lot of these mowers, regardless of the brands, run on similar systems, maybe somebody can direct me to a decent workshop manual { free is good, but if I have to pay, so be it. )

Thanks

Pete
:welcome:

In the grey headder bar click on forums then click on Murray in the list that appears on the left a bit lower than the headder bar is a gren button that says "Post a new thread". click on it.
In the new window type in a name which represents your problem like "VRO 4216HX eats belts + loose motion control "

Then explain exactly what is happening with your belts ( which one also helps ) and what you pedal actually does.
We only know what you tell us so explain it as you would to a blind person.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi guys!

Thanks

Pete

Found your model number but it is of no use. No information on it at all.
Model number 46575X88

STAR

Forum Newbie
Threads
:welcome:

In the grey headder bar click on forums then click on Murray in the list that appears on the left a bit lower than the headder bar is a gren button that says "Post a new thread". click on it.
In the new window type in a name which represents your problem like "VRO 4216HX eats belts + loose motion control "

Then explain exactly what is happening with your belts ( which one also helps ) and what you pedal actually does.
We only know what you tell us so explain it as you would to a blind person.

Thank you for your reply.

Pete

STAR

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found your model number but it is of no use. No information on it at all.
Model number 46575X88

Thanks for the effort.

Pete