Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!
Dang, I hit google at least 20 times, and never seen this,, thank you, and as I thought, I have to go used,, :thumbdown:

Tenn. is where Murray USED to be built before B&S took them over, should find plenty of used in your area ..cost of complete new or even the deck shell has to be in orbit !! here's something to help start a search ... best of luck ......Boobala ..:thumbsup:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mowergraveyard&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

gene_stl

Threads
Greetings
I just moved to a new house with a larger lot. I had my 1998 Scott's (by Murray) repaired. The Kohler(20 hp Command) responded just gorgeously to a tune up and I had a brand new deck on hand for it. It needed a new transmission and I normally would not have invested that much in it but 1) I did have a brand new unused 52 inch deck 2) I have a tow behind vacuum which is already all rigged up and ready to go and 3) The Kohler Command 20 hp engine really is running beautifully. So I popped for the transmission. I also bought a Hustler Flip up 54 inch too. It cuts much better and gets stuck less when it rains which it has been doing here too much (st. louis)

If anyone has any ideas about how to raise the deck height on a regular lawn rider I would be interested. I was thinking maybe get some bigger tires and also make some raising brackets for the guide wheels. The height adjustments are like swing arms. Maybe fabricate a set of shorter ones that will carry the mower deck higher. Anyone ever done that???

Gene

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can not really raise the deck. The frame and belt angle all get in the way. Now taller tires will work just fine, Just remember that you only get 1/2 height of the tire. So if you go from 18" to 20" you will only raise the mower 1". You also have to take into account front tires and an angle you may have to make up for on the deck.

Pumper54

Threads
BlazNT,

Wonder what it would take to put together a "lift kit" for a mower. I figure an extension for the engine pulley shaft to keep everything lined up and some kind of drop axle for the front end. Mmmmmm what to do, what to do?
Tom

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have actually thought of it. Not going crazy like the ones on youtube but an inch or two.

Pumper54

Threads
BlazNT,
That's what I was thinking, nothing outrageous, just a bit more ground clearance for the deck.
Tom

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can block the rear end easily. One inch blocks and longer bolts. Now for the front end, I am not really sure what to do.