Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!

richey88

Threads
I've been lurking around here for a little while, so what the hey I'll introduce myself. My names Nate I have a Murray 405000x8e, I'm a mechanic by trade. I love tinkering with engines and anything automotive. I have a build thread in the "build it yourself" forum on my engine swap. I look forward to posting here in the future.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/build-yourself/21746-engine-swap-question.html

kgrant

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!
GREETINGS to all Murray equipment owners!

If you're new to the forum.......

Hello I'm kgrant. New member. I've got a 2003 Murray. Bought at Wallmart I think. Just removed the trans-axle. Working to make one fit. It's gonna take some back yard engineering. I just thought I'd look around here and see if some others have had to do the same.

Too bad Murry and Peerless went belly up. Of course I didn't spend a lot on my rider but I was disappointed when I removed the transmission and the poor shape it was in. Looked like some better bearings where the input shaft and axles enter the housing could have helped the mower last much longer.

doctorold

Forum Newbie
Threads
Last edited:

park4019

Threads

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Murray power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Murray owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Murray owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Murray stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Hi ,Muhammad. I'm new to the forum. Only have one riding mower; its a Murray wide body [like me], with a Briggs 14.5hp intek engine. I thought it was considered old [2000], until I saw the years that others have. I have several push mowers; Troy, Cub Cadet, Craftsman; the last two in need of TLC. I'll be asking lots of questions. I'm a retired bus mechanic; living in Southern Ma.
Looks to be a great site, with lots of friendly people. Glad to be here.

ringeye666

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all !!!

Need help. I have a Murray wide body with 17 hp B&S and 46" deck.

Model number is completely faded. Need help finding parts for deck.

Looking for complete spindle assembly.

Any help would be great

Old spindle says 24385 on it that"s all I have to go on

Pumper54

Threads
Greeting to All,
Hi I am Tom from Texas and I own a Murray Riding mower. There with that out of the way I can get on with it. I just bought a well used Murray Pro 18/46 rider with a B&S V-twin engine. The guy I bought it from gave me the parts and operator manuals for the mower but I am unable to determine the date of manufacture on it and he didn't know as it came with the house he bought. The sticker on the rear of the mower shows the model to be 46209x9c # 3395804 and a Date of Manufacture 0813, the way I under stand the DoM is that it would be the 81th day of the year but would that be 1983, 1993 or 2003. The mower is Silver and Black in color and so far I have not been able to match any part numbers at any of the supply house I check on line. Pictures when I figure out how to post em.
If anyone can help me determine the age of the machine and a good place to find part it would be most helpful.
Thanks and you all have a great day
Tom

Last edited:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
What about this one?

Murray lt Parts Diagram Index for 46209X9C

Also, find the model numbers off of the engine and we can get the engine's date there. If it is a v-twin, they should be on one of the vlve covers, and the date should be the latest one you suggested.

Pumper54

Threads
Fish,
Thanks for the reply. I found that website and most of the parts I looked at are obsolete and no longer stocked. Hopefully I can match the stuff at the local hardware store. Any idea if the part numbers are superseded, say the number in the parts book I have says 92117E700 (Blades) will a 92117E701 part fit?
I just went out and took some pictures of the mower and engine and discovered I called it a 46/20 when in fact it is a 18/46. Oops
Engine data plate shows the following: Model 422707, Type: 1236 02 Code: 9303105A
Tom

Last edited:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, the last suffix on part number usually just refers to paint color. The Suffix on the model number indicates who bould and sold that mower, like K-mart/Walmart/etc.

Let me know what parts you are needing, I should be able to help you locate them.

srodney184

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the welcome.

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Murray power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Murray owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Murray owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Murray stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.