Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!

Cepennington

Forum Newbie
Threads
Congrats on the great deal. Demo will have been maintained and well care for. First Exmark?
Thanks,
Yes, this is my first Exmark. I have been researching Zero Turns for a few years now and decided Exmark was the way to go. This mower replaced a Craftsman 42". I cut my mowing time down from 4.5 hours to just over 1 hour. The comfort level is not even comparable.

Vanousb

Threads
That is how I was. Lots of research. Got mine lat week. Went form Cub Cadet ZTR 50 to Pioneer 60 inches S-Series. Cut form 3 hours to 1 on 3 acres. It is a very good ride compared to others, but still thinking of upgrading to Full Suspension seat if possible.

Cepennington

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is how I was. Lots of research. Got mine lat week. Went form Cub Cadet ZTR 50 to Pioneer 60 inches S-Series. Cut form 3 hours to 1 on 3 acres. It is a very good ride compared to others, but still thinking of upgrading to Full Suspension seat if possible.

I really like the seat. It was actually a major factor in my purchasing decision. I was looking at a 60" E Series Lazer at my local dealership. They wanted $9,200.00 + tax and an additional $600 for the seat upgrade. Or, he would do $10,200.00 + tax with a free seat upgrade for an S Series. If he had given me the seat upgrade for free that day, I would have purchased the E Series. Since they wouldn't, I kept looking. The next week I found the 60" X Series demo, with the seat I wanted, about 60 miles away for $9300.00 out the door. It was one of two units left at an equipment dealer that had decided to get out of the Exmark business. They still sell other brand mowers, just not red ones. If not for holding out for the right seat, I would not have gotten the great deal that I did.

TN Tophat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Exmark Lazer Z 2007 got used and now I am paying for it. lol

I am having troubles with the charging system and have narrowed it down to the stator but from looking at how the Kohler engine is installed it looks like I have to take the engine off the frame then remove the Fly Wheel/Stator. I am looking for a way to replace Stator without engine removal.

:confused2::confused2::confused2:

RCPlains

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm Gary and last season I purchased a new Exmark Quest 50" ztr that I've never been thrilled with! The engine overheats when cutting tall grass and when doing sharp turns the tires tear up my yard.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm Gary and last season I purchased a new Exmark Quest 50" ztr that I've never been thrilled with! The engine overheats when cutting tall grass and when doing sharp turns the tires tear up my yard.

I take it that the Exmark is your first zero turn mower?? When you say it overheats can you describe better what it is doing that makes you think it has overheated? You say "when cutting tall grass".....the Quest is a high-end Residential ZTR, but most ZTR owner manuals will quote the "1/3 rule". It is recommended that you never cut more than 1/3 the total height of the uncut grass(i.e. if the grass is 3" high, set the deck height at 2"...cutting only 1" of the 3" height). My manual states further to never cut more than 2" in one pass. With that in mind, if you are cutting grass that is 6" tall with the deck set at 2" you can expect problems. Regarding the tires tearing up the yard...a "true zero turn" is difficult to achieve without a LOT of practice. What must be done is the lever on one side must be pushed slightly forward and at the same time the other lever must be pulled back slightly. The reason is that both tires must move in opposite directions or the side that is left "stationary" lets the tire tear the grass as it spins in place creating divots in the grass. I got pretty good at this after a while, but still occasionally left a divot so I have begun using what is referred to as a "Y turn". Below is a link to the Scag webpage that describes how to do that and has a diagram at the bottom of the webpage showing how to do it. Try that and see if it fixes the problem with tearing up your yard:

403 Forbidden

GreenStuff

Forum Newbie
Threads
Green Stuff Lawn is a big fan of the Exmark commercial mowers. We use one on every large job we have.

postunit

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!
Exmark 30 just delivered a little over a week ago. I've cut my lawn just twice with it...so far so good - it's definitely a beast. The wider mower deck, speed of the mower and blade speed have cut my mowing time almost in half...more than I had hoped for. It's a bit easier to handle than I anticipated too...guess that's going to be up to each individual operator though. My yard is just over half an acre with some pretty steep inclines and obstacles. Thumbs up for now.

mtothero

Threads
Greetings All:

I have an Exmark Metro that is several years old and has given me no problems - until now. I will post that in a separate forum.

Threads
Greetings All:

I have an Exmark Metro that is several years old and has given me no problems - until now. I will post that in a separate forum.

Welcome to the forum! Hope someone can solve your problem in the other thread! Good luck!