Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!

Vanousb

Threads
Hi, have a 2014 exmark 60" mower. A friend changed the oil for me last year and I am thinking of doing it myself this year. Thought I would look for some advise here. :smile:

Welcome. I have a 2013 60 inch pioneer s-series with kohler engine. Little more info about yours please...model? Types of engine?
General thoughts...Have two wrenches. The oil drain bolt is at end of tube. Looks like one but is two. Start/run engine for a short time to warm up oil. Change filter when you change oil. As always read manual. Suggest oil change hours for you engine.

DDS1943

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome. I have a 2013 60 inch pioneer s-series with kohler engine. Little more info about yours please...model? Types of engine?
General thoughts...Have two wrenches. The oil drain bolt is at end of tube. Looks like one but is two. Start/run engine for a short time to warm up oil. Change filter when you change oil. As always read manual. Suggest oil change hours for you engine.

Thanks for the reply. My post was a little quick. The motor is a Kawasaki FX801V. Oil filter in plain sight and drain is a tube like yours. so draining oil and replacing filter and oil is easy. What I don't know is how much oil and what is best to use. I have retired and have moved back to hometown and manual is at the house which is for sale and over 200 miles away. Tried looking for a thread that would help but so far I have not figured out how to look for such a thread.

Vanousb

Threads
Thanks for the reply. My post was a little quick. The motor is a Kawasaki FX801V. Oil filter in plain sight and drain is a tube like yours. so draining oil and replacing filter and oil is easy. What I don't know is how much oil and what is best to use. I have retired and have moved back to hometown and manual is at the house which is for sale and over 200 miles away. Tried looking for a thread that would help but so far I have not figured out how to look for such a thread.

Found the pdf manual for your engine. I would visit a local dealer and get Kawasaki oil. Others here will be able to recommend what they think is best oil. Like the ford vs chevy arguments...it is personal. haha Hope it help.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/738416/Kawasaki-Fx801v.html#manual

jcook77

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum. Just picked up my first commercial mower. It's an older Exmark, 2002 lazer Z hp 52. 1500 hours, but well kept and runs great. Pumps rebuilt 20 hours ago. I expect at some point I will need to rebuild the 23hp Kawi motor. Doesn't look to bad to do. Got the mower for $2400. We have a 25 acre farm up in VA that I take care of, hence the need for something better than the box store mowers. I had a JD D105 up there, killed the trans in 140 hours. Hopefully the exmark will fair better. I'll get some pics next time I'm in VA.

ChrisJames81

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. New owner of an Exmark Navigator. 2005 NAV27KC with 1000 hours. I have almost 1 acre, but i live in the trees and Have A LOT of leaves in the fall. Used to use an MTD with a mow n vac unit for leaf collection. I hope this new mower helps in the fall.

20160526_173657.jpg

kmckay

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Exmark mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Exmark owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Exmark mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Exmark stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

I am Kevin and I'm about to be a new Exmark owner. I will be choosing between a new Quest 42" with a stamped deck/Exmark motor and a used (79 hrs) Exmark 50" zero turn with Kawasaki 23 hp motor and fabricated deck. They will cost about the same price of $2,500. Which mower shall I choose? I mow 1 acre.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Get the fab deck if you want to keep it for many years to come.

jconi

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!
Hi. I just bought a 30 inch commercial eXmark this year. I live in Omaha, Ne.

eric331

Forum Newbie
Threads
My name is Eric from Naples Fl. I have what apparently is an oddball Exmark. Its a 27hp lazer with a 50" triton deck

bradrich18

Forum Newbie
Threads
Brad

2016 Exmark Quest S series - 42"