Warm winter means dust 'em off early this year boys!

GentlemanFahmah

Threads
With a very mild winter across all of North America, we're going to be dusting off the lawn equipment a lot earlier than normal this year. I like to get at the maintenance side of everything now so I start fresh with filters, fluids, sharp blades, and fresh fuel.

The modern gasoline formulas are the source of headaches in small engine owners all over. These new fuel additives flash off faster than the gasoline and cause carburetors to gunk up and fail faster than anything ever before.

Remember to always shut off the fuel on small engines at the end of season or use (generators) so that they run out of fuel and then put the choke on full and pull it a few times to get as much fuel out of the bowl as you can to ensure it will start on one pull the next time.

I'm making sparks on the grinder sharpening blades and getting all the little things tightened up now before the explosion of spring growth takes over all my free time.

fireman gus

Threads
We started spring cleanups this week. We are almost done with our first weed control application and with the weather being above normal we decided to start. We will do the cleanups on the days the wind won't permit us to spray. About 2 weeks earlier than normal on the cleanups.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm ready...
When the day time, temps are steadily going to be Above 60 degrees everyday.
Another wk or two, should be there... :smile:KennyV

possum

Threads
Looks like just another false spring here Kenny. If I am wrong i will have to eat a chunk of my old hat but Im thinking its a ways off yet. Three years ago I shoveled a great deal of wet snow off the last week in March. Im thinking April. Right or wrong we will all have something to discuss between now and then and that I am thankful for.

mikeypizano

Threads
I am actually getting my new mower tomorrow... Did some cleanup on one job so false but still more to do!

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using LMF

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
I changed my oil before storage so the parts would have clean oil. I'll pick up all the sticks and pine cones I can, then mow the lawn for the first time to mulch all the little stuff. Then I'll head down to the dealer to pick up my new free blade for this year (Toro owner's care) and buy the tuneup kit for a spark plug andair filter and probably a bottle of oil for my next change.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not here in NY seeing we are haveing a snow storm today. I sure hope I am wrong.

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
Nice! I had narrowed my choice last year to a high end Toro or Honda. For me the Toro felt better.

mikeypizano

Threads
Nice! I had narrowed my choice last year to a high end Toro or Honda. For me the Toro felt better.

For me, it was the Honda and only the Honda. I only see people using them here so that helped make the choice very quick.