Upgrading my mower

Threads
I have heard good things about worldlawn
Have not used one yet. Maybe you this year.

Plus $6000 is a lot more than I want to spend. I just didn't make enough last year to want to buy something that's that large of a percentage of what I made last year. But this year I do want to "go big". Considering last year I didn't even hand out flyers.

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The problem is I don't have a Worldlawn or Encore dealer nearby. Even the Toro dealer isn't that close. There are TONS of dealers that sell residential Toro mowers nearby, but not the commercial lineup. The dealer I usually work with sells Scag and Exmark, and the dealer I get my Hondas from sells John Deere. But the dealer I'm talking to about the 36" Toro isn't that far, just not down the street.

If you have a Toro dealer close that sell there residential stuff he should be able to order you the mower you want. The Worldlawn and Encore mowers are a well built mower, there just not as Fancy as the bigger name mowers but then again neither are there prices.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you have a Toro dealer close that sell there residential stuff he should be able to order you the mower you want. The Worldlawn and Encore mowers are a well built mower, there just not as Fancy as the bigger name mowers but then again neither are there prices.

Dealer support... Nothing worse than buying a mower with no support.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Exactly. I have had only good experiences with dealers so far, and I hope this Toro dealer I might go through is the same.

Dealer support is a must and most dealers are going to back what they sell. Most dealers will also sell you any mower they can and tell you exactly what you need. I know to many people who buy or purchase mowers even after a demo that find out later down the road it's not what they want, needed or thought it would be and they end up losing a ton of money on the resale. From experience I can tell you that's what happened to me when I purchased the G1336 WB and It cost me $1400 to find out.

Threads
Dealer support is a must and most dealers are going to back what they sell. Most dealers will also sell you any mower they can and tell you exactly what you need. I know to many people who buy or purchase mowers even after a demo that find out later down the road it's not what they want, needed or thought it would be and they end up losing a ton of money on the resale. From experience I can tell you that's what happened to me when I purchased the G1336 WB and It cost me $1400 to find out.

Though I haven't demoed it yet, I'm sure the 36 will be a heck of an upgrade from my 21. You have experience with mowers that are better, but I am still using push mowers. So I look at things differently. I realize the belt drive isn't the most efficient, but I think it will suit me fine. If it cuts well.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Though I haven't demoed it yet, I'm sure the 36 will be a heck of an upgrade from my 21. You have experience with mowers that are better, but I am still using push mowers. So I look at things differently. I realize the belt drive isn't the most efficient, but I think it will suit me fine. If it cuts well.

I have experience with a belt drive walk behind too. Used the G1336 for two years. I've been where you are at that's why I know.

Threads
I have experience with a belt drive walk behind too. Used the G1336 for two years. I've been where you are at that's why I know.

I know that, but you made enough money to also buy a better mower. This is at the top of my budget.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are young the belt drive will be good.
I still use a 48inch belt drive.

Think about it. How often do you really back up?
Me maybe once a month when I get day dreaming.

You will have to practice your turns.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are young the belt drive will be good.
I still use a 48inch belt drive.

Think about it. How often do you really back up?
Me maybe once a month when I get day dreaming.

You will have to practice your turns.

You always make me laugh!

How big of yards do you do with your 48"?