Upgrading my mower

Threads
No I don't believe it is the most efficient way to mow a lawn. Since when is going over a lawn twice every other pass to bend grass the opposite directions to reflect light efficient? All you do is waste time and time is money. I don't no where mowing in circles came from but nobody does that either, in-fact I've never seen a homeowner lawn here you could mower in a circle. You can do a good job on a lawn with any mower, a Stander,ZTR, WB or push because they all will do a good job but it really doesn't come down to the lawn being mowed as much as it does the detail work.

You said I probably won't be able to stripe with the Toro because with side discharge I might have to go in a clockwise circle, why would you do that? With G5 or G6 blades you can mow the direction you want because your clippings will be so fine your not going to see them and your lawn will look good. There are plenty of good mowers you can get for under 6K and be more productive than some of the people are talkin about.

One of the reasons I am hesitant about the 36 is because of the discharge. After using my Billy goat, it was just a mess, and I swore I would never side discharge again. So if you think it should be ok that's good. What about the Toro mulching blades. Just as good as Gator Blades?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
One of the reasons I am hesitant about the 36 is because of the discharge. After using my Billy goat, it was just a mess, and I swore I would never side discharge again. So if you think it should be ok that's good. What about the Toro mulching blades. Just as good as Gator Blades?

THe side discharge on most any WB can be closed and at least the g5 blades added to mulch. I run the G6 on both the Stander and Z Master and run with an open chute and never leave any clippings unless of course your doing a foreclosure or a lawn that hasn't been done in a month. As far as the 30" Toro blades,( Atomic Blades I think is what Toro calls them) they do an excellent job and I've never mowed a lawn with the side discharge I've always used the mulching and occasionally bag.

Threads
THe side discharge on most any WB can be closed and at least the g5 blades added to mulch. I run the G6 on both the Stander and Z Master and run with an open chute and never leave any clippings unless of course your doing a foreclosure or a lawn that hasn't been done in a month. As far as the 30" Toro blades,( Atomic Blades I think is what Toro calls them) they do an excellent job and I've never mowed a lawn with the side discharge I've always used the mulching and occasionally bag.

Good to know. I have heard that in the heavy spring growth a mulching kit can make the mower struggle, so what I might do is put on an OCDC so I can change from "mulching" to side discharge whenever I need to, or to go around mulch beds.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why would you have to go over the grass twice every other pass to stripe?
All you do is make a pass turn around make a pass next to the previous one.

Threads
Why would you have to go over the grass twice every other pass to stripe?
All you do is make a pass turn around make a pass next to the previous one.

Ya I'm a little confused with that. I still think striping the lawn is the fastest way....unless you choose to stripe North to South on a yard that is like 10 times longer East and West.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good to know. I have heard that in the heavy spring growth a mulching kit can make the mower struggle, so what I might do is put on an OCDC so I can change from "mulching" to side discharge whenever I need to, or to go around mulch beds.

It's called an operator controlled discharge chute and it allows operator to manually open and close the discharge side of the deck from the seat for enhanced safety. It prevents objects from being thrown by the blades and keeps clippings from being thrown al over flowerbeds and mulched areas. They make them for Commercial ZTR and walk behind mowers, nothing for residential stuff and they run like $200 and up depending on the mower.

Threads
It's called an operator controlled discharge chute and it allows operator to manually open and close the discharge side of the deck from the seat for enhanced safety. It prevents objects from being thrown by the blades and keeps clippings from being thrown al over flowerbeds and mulched areas. They make them for Commercial ZTR and walk behind mowers, nothing for residential stuff and they run like $200 and up depending on the mower.

I'll have to see how it performs from the start, because a mulch kit is pretty permanent so I want to make sure I want it if I decide to go that route. That's why I was thinking about the operator controlled discharge chute.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'll have to see how it performs from the start, because a mulch kit is pretty permanent so I want to make sure I want it if I decide to go that route. That's why I was thinking about the operator controlled discharge chute.

Most of the guys that I see use those are running the Dixie Choppers and I think they come equipped that way. I'd like to have one on my Z-Master But I'm not willing to pay the price they quoted me especially when the mower does the job with the G6 blades that it does. Lawnboy said I don't feel like buying a 6K 36" and then down the road a 7K zero turn. Personally I think 6K on a WB is insanity when you can have the best of both worlds for under 6K. I only paid $6800 for my 36" Grandstand. I don't know if you would be interested or not but you can get the World Lawn Venom 52 " Stander for the MSRP $5999 probably $5400 out the door maybe cheaper or the Encore Rage for the same price.

Stand On - Worldlawn Power Equipment, Inc.Worldlawn Power Equipment, Inc.

VENOM WYS52FX730V - Worldlawn Power Equipment, Inc.Worldlawn Power Equipment, Inc.

Rage - Encore

Last edited:
Threads
Most of the guys that I see use those are running the Dixie Choppers and I think they come equipped that way. I'd like to have one on my Z-Master But I'm not willing to pay the price they quoted me especially when the mower does the job with the G6 blades that it does. Lawnboy said I don't feel like buying a 6K 36" and then down the road a 7K zero turn. Personally I think 6K on a WB is insanity when you can have the best of both worlds for under 6K. I only paid $6800 for my 36" Grandstand. I don't know if you would be interested or not but you can get the World Lawn Venom 52 " Stander for the MSRP $5999 probably $5400 out the door maybe cheaper or the Encore Rage for the same price.

Stand On - Worldlawn Power Equipment, Inc.Worldlawn Power Equipment, Inc.

VENOM WYS52FX730V - Worldlawn Power Equipment, Inc.Worldlawn Power Equipment, Inc.

Rage - Encore

The problem is I don't have a Worldlawn or Encore dealer nearby. Even the Toro dealer isn't that close. There are TONS of dealers that sell residential Toro mowers nearby, but not the commercial lineup. The dealer I usually work with sells Scag and Exmark, and the dealer I get my Hondas from sells John Deere. But the dealer I'm talking to about the 36" Toro isn't that far, just not down the street.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have heard good things about worldlawn
Have not used one yet. Maybe you this year.