tractor front wheels pointed out

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok let's start off easy the tie rod runs from wheel to wheel on the back side of the front tires On each end it will drop into a hole on the underside of the hole will be a clip or cotter pin type thing pull them out then remove rod. Next step take a tape or a yard stick set front tires so they are the same distance apart on the front side and back side so they both aim straight forward now measure the distance from the two holes you took the rod out of should be close to 19 1/2
Now take the bend out of the rod until you get what you need. And YES in the middle of the rod it comes with a little bend I will post a pic for you tomorrow Let me know when you get this done and we will make a home made rod for the deck

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

boston

Threads
I definitely have the right tools for this. I am about about to order the front link and bolt for the deck because I found the parts. As far as the tie rods, they don't seem bent at all. I'm starting to think its the slindle although I don't even know which wheel it is yet.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would say check the tie rod just for fun. Both tires are wore out on the out side Tells me it has been plowing and can see they both bow out Now I could be wrong maybe someone else would know more but I am thinking if was a spindle or bushings the weight of the mower would push the tires out at the bottom and in at the top as the wear would be in the inside of the tire And I am thinking you can turn real sharp to the left and not to good to the right I do not work on mowers for a living but all I run is craftsman and I am very hard on them but they are easy and cheap to fix

boston

Threads
OK Im going to jack the tractor up ASAP and look under. For the front deck link, there seems to be a different kind of attachment on each side by the wheels. Look at the pics and compare both sides of the wheels. One wheel has the link connected and the other does not but they don't look identical, but I see a nut or hole in which I can connect the link on that side. Is that normal?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok I am lost now you started talking about the deck then ended with the wheels On the front deck adjusters both will look the same there is no left on or right one they are both the same So the one that is not there will go on the same as the one that is still there they are held on with clips

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you get the adjuster on face your blades front to back and use a tape and adjust it so the front of the blades are a 1/2 inch higher than the back I run them a inch higher but most run them just a 1/2 inch And do this with the deck down

What part of Boston you from I grew up on the cape

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok I am lost now you started talking about the deck then ended with the wheels On the front deck adjusters both will look the same there is no left on or right one they are both the same So the one that is not there will go on the same as the one that is still there they are held on with clips

This, and all of the other posts in this thread sent from a mobile device no less :mur:. You sir, are a patient man, and you have my admiration :thumbsup:.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
''''the front of the blades are a 1/2 inch higher than the back I run them a inch higher but most run them just a 1/2 inch

Not to take this away from a toe in thread...... BUT every deck I have seen is set with the front Lower than the back... I have known a few that ran them opposite.. but once they lowered the front below the rear, they Never went back to the other... You will get a much better, easier cut.

Back to toe-in... :smile::smile:KennyV

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kenny is right I was backwards and upside down