The John Deere Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I think you have the wrong Idea about Chinese workers.
You are thinking that they are working in third world sweat shops as found in democracies like Pakistan , India , The Phillipines or Indonesia .
Most Chinese factories apart from fashion , are large modern , clean & safe .
The workers are actually paid well by local standards actually better than USA production line workers .
Mine work is some what different but is becoming more fully automated on a daily basis .
The killer is the exchange rate is being manipulated by the government to keep the exchange rate very very low in order to send all factories in the west bankrupt so they will have to close down & sack the workers who then will need government support so cost the western governments lots of money ( even if for nothing other than prisions ) .
This is designed to cause as much social disruption in Western countries as possible and to divide the population into the haves & have nots so eventually countries like the USA are so divided they end up at civil war / revolution levels .
Why go to war with the USA when you can manipulate the USA's owns system to cause the USA to go to war against itself ?

Clipcut

Forum Newbie
Threads
You are thinking that they are working in third world sweat shops as found in democracies like Pakistan , India , The Phillipines or Indonesia .
The workers are actually paid well by local standards actually better than USA production line workers .
Mine work is some what different but is becoming more fully automated on a daily basis .
The killer is the exchange rate is being manipulated by the government to keep the exchange rate very very low in order to send all factories in the west bankrupt so they will have to close down & sack the workers who then will need government support so cost the western governments lots of money ( even if for nothing other than prisions ) .
This is designed to cause as much social disruption in Western countries as possible and to divide the population into the haves & have nots so eventually countries like the USA are so divided they end up at civil war / revolution levels .
Why go to war with the USA when you can manipulate the USA's owns system to cause the USA to go to war against itself ?

bkeller500

Threads
I cannot speak to working conditions in China, but I can totally agree with you as far as the economic plans that China has implemented. For the past 20 years we have slowly suspended our manufacturing and handcuffed ourselves and moved dependance on China. Our skilled labor force has now aged out and there is very little new opportunity for our youth other than retail. Now that we are fighting among ourselves and stressing over our future, China is turning against us and is in more control than we will admit. I don't personally admire President Trump, but he was dead on in his warnings about the future of our country if we don't act fast.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I cannot speak to working conditions in China, but I can totally agree with you as far as the economic plans that China has implemented. For the past 20 years we have slowly suspended our manufacturing and handcuffed ourselves and moved dependance on China. Our skilled labor force has now aged out and there is very little new opportunity for our youth other than retail. Now that we are fighting among ourselves and stressing over our future, China is turning against us and is in more control than we will admit. I don't personally admire President Trump, but he was dead on in his warnings about the future of our country if we don't act fast.

If Trump was dead on, he'd have addressed the Fed's valuing of our USD. But he never even mentioned the way the Fed handles this. He, like all the others, just kick the can. Borrow and spend, then borrow more (from the Fed). Now $10hr is a poverty wage. In 5 to 10 years, $15hr will be a poverty age.
So as wages increase, profits will either go down, or companies will move more manufacturing and assembly out of the USA. I'm surprised the big US automakers aren't already assembling in Mexico, for US markets. $10 to $20 per DAY down there, versus that much per hour here. Makes for a good excuse for GM, Ford and Chrysler to become Mexican made automobiles. After all, a LOT of their parts are already made in Mexico.

But, if $10 still bought $10 worth of goods, companies wouldn't have to outsource.

Obviously the tariffs are pretty steep. Otherwise Japan wouldn't be assembling cars here in the US. Nor would MTD, John Deere or the rest of them.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
If Trump was dead on, he'd have addressed the Fed's valuing of our USD. But he never even mentioned the way the Fed handles this. He, like all the others, just kick the can. Borrow and spend, then borrow more (from the Fed). Now $10hr is a poverty wage. In 5 to 10 years, $15hr will be a poverty age.
So as wages increase, profits will either go down, or companies will move more manufacturing and assembly out of the USA. I'm surprised the big US automakers aren't already assembling in Mexico, for US markets. $10 to $20 per DAY down there, versus that much per hour here. Makes for a good excuse for GM, Ford and Chrysler to become Mexican made automobiles. After all, a LOT of their parts are already made in Mexico.

But, if $10 still bought $10 worth of goods, companies wouldn't have to outsource.

Obviously the tariffs are pretty steep. Otherwise Japan wouldn't be assembling cars here in the US. Nor would MTD, John Deere or the rest of them.
Seems our system of finances and providing, (Capitalism) tends to work better when you have honest people in charge of the government and other financial agencies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
One problem with the tariffs that were in acted during the Trump years. All the US companies raised their prices too right off that the bat which made the even heavily taxed imports look good. I seen that in my price files that I loaded into my accounting program at the time the tariffs were in acted.

I recently had to add 1.5% to my prices as my distributors started charging a convenience fee for using credit and debit cards when I pay for purchases just to cover the additional charges. Doesn't sounds like much until you start paying out $2000 - $3000 in base cost; that can be as much $45 extra per month. Multiple that by 12 then it becomes $540.

All this just means the enduser is the one that paying out the nose.

Seems our system of finances and providing, (Capitalism) tends to work better when you have honest people in charge of the government and other financial agencies.
Well you never going see that in our government as politicians are lawyers and doctors that charge ridiculous fees in private practice and they do the same in government as special interest groups line the politicians pockets to laws pass in their flavor.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well no matter what , until you start taxing wealth itself, the person at the bottom always pays.
Once upon a time various death taxes were supposed to do this but the wealthy invented companies in order to pass their wealth on to their children without paying death duties.
And of course now days not only do we have cmpanies designed to avoid paying taxes but also all of the private trust accounts in off shore tax havens ( remember the paradise papers ) so people like Mr Trumph can hide billions thus pay no tax on the millions he makes annually .
The problem is the person at the bottom pays but the business in the middle keeps the money and passes the taxes on to the owners/shareholders rather than the government .
Add to that the idea of "taxation is thieft" seems so deeply intrenched in peoples minds I fear that it has become part of our DNA ( we are just as bad ).
On top of that, people have no idea of the real costs and just how much of their daily life is facilitated by stuff the government has done with their taxes
The road in front of the workshop is pathetic but it is a local council road and as it is a regional area there is one rate payer per pre 750 meters so to get the same money per km of road as the city next door , the local council would have to raise the rates 3 times what the metropolitan city next door charges . The cost of maintaining the 3 miles of road that passes the block is double what the landlord pays in rates .
People think that their income tax pays for everything they ever get from the government with money to spare . when in reality it would be lucky to cover 1/4 of the benefits they could get.
I always like some one having a bitch about the tax they pay when they have 4 kids at a private school costing them $15,000/year each in fees when there is a free public school within walking distance.
There was a public lecture broadcast a while back where the speaker proposed that the insurance hospitals & doctors pay accounts for nearly 70% of what they charged for their services.
In Australia it is 12% , in the UK it is 5% and France 3% so it is the ligitators, and in particular the litigation financers who are making a killing and for USA medical charges to become realistic then medical mal practice has to be removed from the courts & go to a panel of experienced medical practioners who can tell real medical problems from lawyers cleaver BS.

RayMcD

Threads
I am amazed at just how badly US workers are paid & the conditions they work under
However nothing has really changed since the days of slavery except the "slaves get a little more money" but it is nearly always the least then can possibly be paid .
Then there is the imported UK class attitude of we the superiour managers vs them the inferiour workers.
If you did an MBA then they are not even workers, they are taught to think of the employees as just another "Variable production input " which of course make it easier to act in an inhumane way towards employees as they are not people any more.
The MBA's who end up running the company are brainwashed into the belief that "All Profits Originate in the Board Room " .
Thus again the workers are some sort of sub human autotrons .
We have exactly the same attitude down here
When I was in the metals industry I can not remember a single manager who did not blame "excessive labour rates" as the prime reason for lack of profits.
At a conference I once got brave enough to suggest that it could be lack of investment in more efficient equipment equipment that could increase the productivity per man hour that was the problem & I got booed & heckled by the other delegates.
I had just come back from Japan & found that the japanese workers were actually paid more than the Aussie workers but their outputs was between 5 to 100 times higher because there was no machine on the floor that was older than few years.
Down in OZ we were still using stuff imported second hand from the UK & USA during WW II in the days when machines were expensive & labour was cheap ( & disposable )
It was over a year before I was allowed to attend another conference , my applications would always be returned claiming that the conference was full .

There is a reason why Germany is the powerhouse of EU manufacturing , because they actually do value their employees & engage with them at all levels of management.
VW & BMW both have directors who come off the shop floor and are voted in by the shop floor .

The total contempt towards workers was blaitently displayed by B & S who shifted their manufacturing to NY purely because the labour rates are 3% to 11% lower in NY .
I hope so since they can pay almost 50% in taxes, r

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well no matter what , until you start taxing wealth itself, the person at the bottom always pays.

And the people at the top, will just charge that much more in products or services to cover their loss. Those of us down here will still end up paying for it. It's the circle of life.
Once upon a time various death taxes were supposed to do this but the wealthy invented companies in order to pass their wealth on to their children without paying death duties.

Good for them. Why in the HECK should anyone pay taxes on money they own, or pass down, just because they die.
Because the government says so? That's one messed up government.
And of course now days not only do we have cmpanies designed to avoid paying taxes but also all of the private trust accounts in off shore tax havens ( remember the paradise papers ) so people like Mr Trumph can hide billions thus pay no tax on the millions he makes annually .
The problem is the person at the bottom pays but the business in the middle keeps the money and passes the taxes on to the owners/shareholders rather than the government .
Add to that the idea of "taxation is thieft" seems so deeply intrenched in peoples minds I fear that it has become part of our DNA ( we are just as bad ).
On top of that, people have no idea of the real costs and just how much of their daily life is facilitated by stuff the government has done with their taxes
The road in front of the workshop is pathetic but it is a local council road and as it is a regional area there is one rate payer per pre 750 meters so to get the same money per km of road as the city next door , the local council would have to raise the rates 3 times what the metropolitan city next door charges . The cost of maintaining the 3 miles of road that passes the block is double what the landlord pays in rates .
People think that their income tax pays for everything they ever get from the government with money to spare . when in reality it would be lucky to cover 1/4 of the benefits they could get.
I always like some one having a bitch about the tax they pay when they have 4 kids at a private school costing them $15,000/year each in fees when there is a free public school within walking distance.
There was a public lecture broadcast a while back where the speaker proposed that the insurance hospitals & doctors pay accounts for nearly 70% of what they charged for their services.
In Australia it is 12% , in the UK it is 5% and France 3% so it is the ligitators, and in particular the litigation financers who are making a killing and for USA medical charges to become realistic then medical mal practice has to be removed from the courts & go to a panel of experienced medical practioners who can tell real medical problems from lawyers cleaver BS.

When the government starts spending money wisely, efficiently and for ONLY good reason, then and only then should they be able to raise taxes.
They don't have an income problem. They have a spending problem

Note one of my biggest reasons for not supporting Trump. He spent too much money. And his tax cuts were laughable, at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.