The John Deere Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good for them. Why in the HECK should anyone pay taxes on money they own, or pass down, just because they die.
Because the government says so? That's one messed up government.
Firstly because you can't spend it when you are gone
Secondly no person ever became wealthy without some support of the government be it that they speak English and not Japanese or German , drive on roads , send things through the mail do not have to sit all night by their front door shotgun in hand , had a supply of water , under paid employees live is government housing etc etc etc.
Next it slows down the formation of unbelievably rich family cartels like the Coke family , or the Fords or the Rockerfellas etc etc.
Being born into a rich family does not mean you should be able to buy yourself political power
Aussies are always lambased for our stingyness towards charitable foundations compared to the USA or the UK and the reason is simple, you lot have an inheritance tax & we we don't have to make sure it is spent where we want it to go so the government does not spend it where we don't want it to go.

You lot got Foxtel because Murdoch inherited a newspaper empire from his father then built it up into the monster that it is today.
So repulsive is the empire that the kids are walking out rather than taking over .

So dad dies with $ 200,000,000,000,000,000, all that happens is the kids squabble over who gets the biggest slice till there is nothing left or they become tyrants.
And most become tyrants totally divorced from reality because they get richer by $ 1000/ minute just because of which family they were born into.
So you get the tobacco barons addicting everyone to nicotine despite the fact they know it will eventually kill their customers.
Ford executieve deciding to see cars that they know will explode & kill the occupants if rear ended because it will be cheaper tp pay the families of the victims out than do a recall.
The Coke bros turning coal burning into a left vs right political issue so they can continue to increase there wealth by $ 1,000,000 day.

The whole basis of capitalism is we all start off equal and the best rise to the top
Not that 5% start at the top & keep the rest at the bottom which is what is currently happening .

When the government starts spending money wisely, efficiently and for ONLY good reason, then and only then should they be able to raise taxes.
They don't have an income problem. They have a spending problem
And who decides what is wise spending ?
Naturalist would consider buying all unprofiable farms & returning them to forest wise spending for the future of the planet.
Homeless advocates would say affordable government owned rental properties are the most wise spending
Pacifists would disband the military and spend all of the saved money on charities to eliminate global poverty
Militarist would quadruple the military and make military service compulsory for every man woman & child ( if they had money buy a comisson for their kids )
Hunters would make more national parks and open all of them for hunting.
Astronomers would make all lights go out at 9 pm so they could get better visions of the starts
Heck Californians would ban petrol power for everything across the entire country
The NRA would make carrying a fire arm manditory for every one over 5 years old
Police would go for imprisionment without trial and revere the ownership of guilt so you would have to prove your innosence rather than they prove your guilt

Who decides ?????

The only country with a real democracy, where the population actually decides what becomes law & where government money is spent is Switzerland .
And the Swiss pay a 40% tax rate on the combination of their annual income + the value of their assets

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Firstly because you can't spend it when you are gone
Secondly no person ever became wealthy without some support of the government be it that they speak English and not Japanese or German , drive on roads , send things through the mail do not have to sit all night by their front door shotgun in hand , had a supply of water , under paid employees live is government housing etc etc etc.

All those things get paid for as we go. Through the even more ridiculous income tax (taxing because you work). Every time you buy gas to drive on those roads or mail a letter or pour a glass of water from the tap, you pay for it.
Next it slows down the formation of unbelievably rich family cartels like the Coke family , or the Fords or the Rockerfellas etc etc.
Being born into a rich family does not mean you should be able to buy yourself political power

On that we can agree. But that's the fault of the politicians greed more than the rich folks.
Aussies are always lambased for our stingyness towards charitable foundations compared to the USA or the UK and the reason is simple, you lot have an inheritance tax & we we don't have to make sure it is spent where we want it to go so the government does not spend it where we don't want it to go.

In Trumps first spending bill, ($1.4 Trillion) there was millions allotted for "Gender studies in Pakistan, Planned Parenthood and a border fence in some middle eastern country." The vast majority of us Americans would not agree for our tax dollars to go to such things. In fact, if "We the people" knew half of the BS they spent money on, there would probably be a real insurrection. A much needed one.
You lot got Foxtel because Murdoch inherited a newspaper empire from his father then built it up into the monster that it is today.
So repulsive is the empire that the kids are walking out rather than taking over .

It's still a free country. And most kids don't follow in their parents footsteps. I made a good living driving a semi. Took my kids with me from border to border & coast to coast. Taught them, when they were teenagers how to drive a semi truck pulling a 53" trailer. Showed them how easy it was to make $1000 to $2000 per week. (And double or triple that when I bought my own). But when they got older, they didn't want any part of it.
A lot of dads go through that. Rich kids are no different.
So dad dies with $ 200,000,000,000,000,000, all that happens is the kids squabble over who gets the biggest slice till there is nothing left or they become tyrants.
And most become tyrants totally divorced from reality because they get richer by $ 1000/ minute just because of which family they were born into.
So you get the tobacco barons addicting everyone to nicotine despite the fact they know it will eventually kill their customers.
Ford executieve deciding to see cars that they know will explode & kill the occupants if rear ended because it will be cheaper tp pay the families of the victims out than do a recall.
The Coke bros turning coal burning into a left vs right political issue so they can continue to increase there wealth by $ 1,000,000 day.

So taxing them more is going to end that? Not in the least. This countries taxes used to be super-duper high. And that sort of thing went on. THE only thing wrong with being rich, is in the mind of the poor.
At least for some folks. I'm poor, by national standards. But I don't envy the rich.
The Koch brothers employ a lot of Americans. And not at slave wages.
The whole basis of capitalism is we all start off equal and the best rise to the top
Not that 5% start at the top & keep the rest at the bottom which is what is currently happening

Everyone has the opportunity to become successful in a capitalist society. There's a TON of rags to riches stories here in the USA. It just takes talent, ambition and sometimes a lot of luck.

And who decides what is wise spending ?
Naturalist would consider buying all unprofiable farms & returning them to forest wise spending for the future of the planet.
Homeless advocates would say affordable government owned rental properties are the most wise spending
Pacifists would disband the military and spend all of the saved money on charities to eliminate global poverty
Militarist would quadruple the military and make military service compulsory for every man woman & child ( if they had money buy a comisson for their kids )
Hunters would make more national parks and open all of them for hunting.
Astronomers would make all lights go out at 9 pm so they could get better visions of the starts
Heck Californians would ban petrol power for everything across the entire country
The NRA would make carrying a fire arm manditory for every one over 5 years old
Police would go for imprisionment without trial and revere the ownership of guilt so you would have to prove your innosence rather than they prove your guilt

Who decides ?????

Apparently none of them. Because all of them combined don't have enough say so to force their will on the rest of us. One thing we all can brag about is having enough freedom to not have to endure being forced into more than we can agree on. Except when it comes to taxes. If they raise our taxes, hopefully, "we the people" would have enough say so to vote in others who will reduce the taxes. Because taxes are a ponzi scheme that enslaves everyone who plays by the governments book.
Bezos paid only $1 billion in taxes. That's how much money he paid the government. Not total, for all the years he's owned Amazon. But like 1 to a few years.
I think you have personal income tax (of the rich) confused with corporate taxes. Corporations, like everyone else should, take every deduction that's legally afforded to them to keep their money in their company. As it should be.
The only country with a real democracy, where the population actually decides what becomes law & where government money is spent is Switzerland .
And the Swiss pay a 40% tax rate on the combination of their annual income + the value of their assets

Good for them. The USA is not supposed to be a democracy. It's supposed to be a republic. Big difference. Especially when you considering the population of Switzerland is about that of just one US state, New Jersey.

bkeller500

Threads
some really great comments here shared by you guys...It's great that we live in a country where we can exchange thoughts ( right or wrong) and discuss them. We all can only reflect on what we have learned in life, and if you never listen to another mans view you limit your knowledge. The circle of economics .....build, distribute, sell, tax, purchase, ...build.... must continue for us to all prosper and move forward. If we could eliminate the greed, corruption, theft and lies from our elected representatives, we all would be doing better. Thats the most frustrating part of our system. We are so diverse that we are never all going to agree on everything. We all have special interest or needs but too often we look for our government to fix them. Left on your own you can make decisions and wise choices as long as we have those choices. Our current government is on a fast track to take more of those choices away.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Some of those so-called tax cuts weren't even tax cuts. Just delayed taxation which actually made it on those that owed them.

In my lifetime our government only been in the black under one president and that was Jimmy Carter but as soon the next one got in we were back in the red ink again.

And that so called stimulus money they supposedly sent I have yet to see a single penny of it. And there is no way to contact them as all they got on the phone system is a computer that gives you no usable information and the local offices are closed. To me that is/was a $3200 big lie just get me to borrow and spend the money. At least after the first $1800 I wasn't stupid enough to borrow another $1400 for the business while I awaited the payments. Just now paid off the first loan.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
some really great comments here shared by you guys...It's great that we live in a country where we can exchange thoughts ( right or wrong) and discuss them. We all can only reflect on what we have learned in life, and if you never listen to another mans view you limit your knowledge. The circle of economics .....build, distribute, sell, tax, purchase, ...build.... must continue for us to all prosper and move forward. If we could eliminate the greed, corruption, theft and lies from our elected representatives, we all would be doing better. Thats the most frustrating part of our system. We are so diverse that we are never all going to agree on everything. We all have special interest or needs but too often we look for our government to fix them. Left on your own you can make decisions and wise choices as long as we have those choices. Our current government is on a fast track to take more of those choices away.

When I was trucking, two drivers were on the CB arguing about something (probably politics).. Another driver came on and said "You can't get two truck drivers to agree on anything."
I keyed up the mic and said "I disagree." HA HA HA HA HA

To get rid of greed corruption, theft, and lies from out politicians, we only need to get rid of GIC (Government issued currency). No money or bartering. Just do as we've always done, work.
Or get rid of humans. Unlikely, in both cases. So it is what it is what it is.
Apparently we're all doing so well, even the poor folks, that us Americans have time to dig into everyone elses business. As in finding out how much money Bezos paid in taxes to how much our neighbor paid for his new ztr. (without the neighbor knowing)

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some of those so-called tax cuts weren't even tax cuts. Just delayed taxation which actually made it on those that owed them.

In my lifetime our government only been in the black under one president and that was Jimmy Carter but as soon the next one got in we were back in the red ink again.

And that so called stimulus money they supposedly sent I have yet to see a single penny of it. And there is no way to contact them as all they got on the phone system is a computer that gives you no usable information and the local offices are closed. To me that is/was a $3200 big lie just get me to borrow and spend the money. At least after the first $1800 I wasn't stupid enough to borrow another $1400 for the business while I awaited the payments. Just now paid off the first loan.

Yeah, I'm still wondering how Reagan got deemed "The great conservative." Now a days, republicans are still considered "conservative," just by being in the republican party. And trying to explain that to a die hard Trump supporter is impossible. They think Trump is a conservative.
I think "conservative" is more of a name now a days, than an ideology.

bkeller500

Threads
When has a politician ( from either side) actually managed to cut taxes as promised during the campaign? A rookie or freshman elective quickly gets caught up in the system and either joins in on the buddy system or gets cut out and gets nothing accomplished. We keep trying to clear the swamp, but it will never happen. The political system is flawed because of political contributions and lobbyist. Pay to play, special interest, and special perks for the elite and more taxes for the rest of us.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
When has a politician ( from either side) actually managed to cut taxes as promised during the campaign? A rookie or freshman elective quickly gets caught up in the system and either joins in on the buddy system or gets cut out and gets nothing accomplished. We keep trying to clear the swamp, but it will never happen. The political system is flawed because of political contributions and lobbyist. Pay to play, special interest, and special perks for the elite and more taxes for the rest of us.

I watched a doc a couple of years ago (that I can't find on YouTube anymore, just clips). Thomas Massie explains how if you want to be on certain committee's (or all), you have to pay for it. Of course it costs a year salary or more. But if you're good to lobbyist, they'll gladly fork over the money for you to be on that seat.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Personally I think they ought to manage the government like we have to and cut out all the pork barrelling that goes on. Any way we break the cookie we the tax payer is the one that have to foot the bill sooner or later.

Now back to this going on strike thing. It must be nice to do it but as me I got bill collectors that simply would not wait until I got back to getting a steady pay check. I once knew a loan officer that said that he always tries to find a way not to loan factory workers money as they go their paychecks like a hot knife through butter. Otherwords they just waste it because they know there will be another paycheck the following pay period.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The thing you are overlooking PT is YOUR taxes never amounted to enough to pay for anything that you used each & every day to make your living
The roads you drove on and the police who patrolled them, let alone any of the other benefits you have enjoyed from the privledge of being born within the confines of the USA .
If you check the full US budget and troll the numbers personel income tax is about 1/8 of the money spent.
The rest comes from company taxes , royalties. fines borrowings
Now if the borrowings are from the reserve bank then they are BS as they are just numbers generated on a computer then shuffled back & forth to become real money in the form of pay checks . Borrowings in the form of bonds that are purchased by outsiders are real and will have to be paid back in some format some time.
Right now China has 1/2 of all of the USA government debt and if they called that debt in the the dollar would drop 60% and everything you consume that was not 100% US made would go up 2 to 3 times it's price and the country would slide into a third world inflation spiral . Keep that in the back of your head when the headlines are full of "defiant US ships / aircraft pass through China's proclaimed territory" , stories to keep the flag waving fools amused .
IF you really had to pay for everything without any governemnt assistance then your life ( and mine ) would be vastly different .
Right now they are proposing a mileage tax to replace fuel excise to cover the cost of road construction & repair .
To the people who work in an office that is walking distance from home it is very fair, to you the truck driver, even 1¢/mile would be crippeling particularly when Walmart. Amazon. Lowes Etc etc etc would tellyou that they were not going to pay & you will have to adsorb the extra cost .

As for rags to riches stories, look really close at them
In most cases there was a "mentor" behind the person and the "mentor" usually pocketed a goodly sized lump of the riches .
The whole idea that what you are overcomes who you are iis total BS that gets hyped up in the media in order to sublimate the opressed masses who get nowhere because they were born into poverty .
I took a business from 0 using nothing but my $ 400 credit limit bank card to a $ 5,000,000 /pa business but even at our height I could not get a $ 1,000 loan .
Prior to that I worked as a Lisenced Commercial Agent , commonly called a Process Server delivering Warrants Summons & Sepenas .
I saw the vast amounts of money banks & finance companies threw at the children, cousins, nieces & nephews of A list families to fund schemes that were obviously a fraud from day one.
But because of who they were related to the banks ended up taking 0,01¢ in the dollar for multi million dollar frauds and not even a whisper in the media about it .

Status
Not open for further replies.