The John Deere Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And the general public when they have an opportunity to reduce their property taxes here when they need to vote for them will still vote to be taxed heavy. Recently they were voting on renewing a property tax along with adding an additional tax that was half as a much. Otherwords they had an opportunity to cut their taxes by 50%, keep it the same, or increase it 50%. They all voted to keep it the same and nearly voted to increase it by 50%. Missed it by 100 votes.

Basically the tax payer is dumb as mud. The government is nothing but like the Mafia in their actions that we pay protection fees to. Recently they even tried to keep track of our money that keep in the bank to pay out if over $500 as they claimed we were avoiding paying taxes on it. I imagine there would have more fat mattresses if they did. Personally I keep mine in mason jars on the back forty under a booby trapped boulder. I keep my rump ribbon in the safe, it worth more as I always got to do the paperwork in the end.

Actually I keep my business at near non profit just because the government does take so much in taxes. I could charge more for my services but if I do it then the government will end up with about half of the profits anyways. Even when they owe you they don't want to pay, they are always finding a way to keep it or at least it seems that way here.

bkeller500

Threads
Government is corrupt, inefficient and prone to making huge mistakes. In the past I witnessed ( sate, local, and federal) government offices, schools, and universities go thru their bidding processes and I became very suspect on the way they go about getting things done. They have no problem spending other peoples money. They have mastered the process of getting what they want and blocking everything else. Its sad how each department spends their remaining budget money at the end of their fiscal year so they do not get budget cuts the following year. Go sit in on a county, city or even a school board meeting and watch. You will walk out frustrated and alarmed at how they do business.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Government is corrupt, inefficient and prone to making huge mistakes. In the past I witnessed ( sate, local, and federal) government offices, schools, and universities go thru their bidding processes and I became very suspect on the way they go about getting things done. They have no problem spending other peoples money. They have mastered the process of getting what they want and blocking everything else. Its sad how each department spends their remaining budget money at the end of their fiscal year so they do not get budget cuts the following year. Go sit in on a county, city or even a school board meeting and watch. You will walk out frustrated and alarmed at how they do business.
Yes witness similar thing at A&M university years ago while I was servicing a hi speed Burroughs check signer. End of year and they hadnt spent 10K and they hunting everywhere for something to spend it on.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yet year in & year our you keep on voting for them
Are there no independents who ever stand for office in the USA ?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
There are... but the problem is, both sides know how to play to their parties interests around election time and SAY the right things, get back in office, and go to filling their own pockets. Too many people vote by what letter is by a persons name and don't do any research.
Our Texas state government has a chance at getting all new leadership in 2022 (Governor,Lieutenant Governor, and Attorney General) and replace the clean diapers that got filled up with poo poo.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

I'm a conservative. And there hasn't been an actual conservative on any of my ballots since 2012. (Ron Paul) The GOP has outlaws true conservatism. In fact, one of the last Conservatives, Justin Amash, was kicked of the Congressional Budget Committee for trying to balance the budget now. Kicked off by a republican, John Beohner, who was the speaker of the House of Representatives.
Instead of kicking the can, like they have always done, Amash wanted to get some deep cuts implemented into the new budget and was opposing the "down the road cuts" (that would've never actually been cut)

So yeah, I'm not going to vote for anyone that I don't support. Especially for party loyalty. Party loyalist are what they have in Russia. It's what they had in NAZI Germany. It exists here in the USA. But I'm not one of them.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are... but the problem is, both sides know how to play to their parties interests around election time and SAY the right things, get back in office, and go to filling their own pockets. Too many people vote by what letter is by a persons name and don't do any research.
Our Texas state government has a chance at getting all new leadership in 2022 (Governor,Lieutenant Governor, and Attorney General) and replace the clean diapers that got filled up with poo poo.
I have tinnitis so while I am standing, the radio is on and when I try & sleep, I have some reel to reel tapes of sleep to music, Fripp & Eno / Herbie Mann / Santanna & the like
As such, I sort of hear a lot of stuff in the background .
One of which was a facinating interview with an ex-lobbyist & spin doctor.
He was also a conservative so was happy to orchestrate the anti O'Bama government mediaide campaign paid for by vested medical interests .
This was very successful as their advertising campaign managed to ever turn 40% of democrat voting people against it so they got paid very large bonuses .
He changed his mind and resigned after a friend of his committed a murder suicide because the bills for his wifes medical treatments had cost him every thing that they owned, his house & both of the sets of parents houses.
In the interview he went through exactly how facts & figures were misrepresented , how statistics were selectively ommitted and when all that failed how they made people believe that it was an attack on the very "Bill of Rights" itself .
Then when he actually went through the mediaide bill itself , he realised that it was actually exceedingly good policy, even from his small government conservative stance .
Because of the death of his friend, he dug into medical costs and found out that a screaming 66% of all personal ( not BS chapter 11 ) bankruptcies were due to medical costs and of these over 95% of the people never recovered financially. Around 70% of the bankrupts divorced and most never remarried . Around 30% ended up involved in crime resulting in prison .
He quoted some numbers of the men mainly who were suspected of deliberately killing themselves so their family could get the insurance money to stave off bankruptcy caused by medical bills for the partners or childrens health care .
He then found that of the people who did not become bankrupt but were forced to sell their houses to remain financially afloat over 90 % of this group died homeless
The caveat is of course it is difficult to get accurate numbers and medical institutions do the best they can to hide true facts & figures so these were just what he uncovered over the period of a few years while he was "finding himself".
What he could not reconsile himself with is he got paid $ 3,000,000 to do this dirty work and he accepted the money without any attempt to see if what he was doing was good or evil, it was just a job to him and they never bothered to go into the morality of anything , just achieve an outcome to get a fee .
And of course he was just one of thousands of people doing the same job for anyone who would pay them and there were thousands more clambering to get into the game .

bkeller500

Threads
There is no accountability because our elected officials have mastered their ability to hide the facts and hide from the truth. The freshmen reps are quickly pulled into mess and corruption and lose their focus and break their promises.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have said for years that we need to divide our elected officials into two groups.

The group we hang and the group we drown.

Think about it. The Republicans and Democrats are supposedly BOTH against segregation, and yet they willingly segregate themselves.
I get it, it's not the same thing. But then again, it is the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.