Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

need to go out to the garage and play with one of my tractors

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

need it to warm up outside so I can put on of them outside to make room in the garage
IMG_0767.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Views: 190,155

A lil info for the guy with the abucus,....... we are near 190,400 views, over 14 months (up-coming) averages out to 13,600 views per month, about 1857 per week, and approx 453 views per day in a 30 day month !
and it wont be long till we hit the 200,000 marker ! ...:thumbsup:..:cool:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Re: That's for the birds!

Not to worry, we aren't swimming with them and I have yet to see one out run a Mercury or a Yamaha!

That is cause they are woosie little gaiters.
The salties down here just cut the boat in 1/2

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

There was a stuffed one in Qld that was 24' long and was 1.5 tons.
Apparently they have developed a taste for German & American tourists.
Since 2000 1/2 of the crock attacks have been one or the other.
A crock took a kid two weeks ago.
Once again, the black fellas have them all sussed but we white folk are two smart for that.
56 crock attacks since 2000, only 3 black fellas & 2 of them were city kids.

They can come out of the water at around 50 mph.

We used to hatch them at the aquarium in Sydney but idiots kept wanting to pat the "cute " little hatchlings .
At 4" long they have removed many idiots fingers which is fatal for the crock as they choke on them.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

crocs and rattle snakes, I can defiantly live without them........

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ron,

One of the characteristics of alcohol is that it's hygroscopic, meaning that it absorbs water. Which maybe an advantage to adding it to a fuel so any water doesn't settle out to the bottom of the tank where it might be sucked up into the fuel line. It is commonly sold as "Fuel Line Antifreeze" for automobiles in the winter.

I have never seen any dyed fuel oil, except that which could be used illegally in on-the-road machinery to power diesel engines. The dye is put there merely as a means of identification, so that tax evading offenders may be caught "red handed"... There is nothing in a wick heater that is anywhere near as demanding (of a clean fuel) as the fuel injectors of a diesel engine! I still maintain that what you are seeing is #2 fuel oil, which I agree is NOT as purely refined as K-1 kerosene. Meaning yes, it will smoke more than K-1 and yes it may well carbon up your wicks, but what the hell, wicks are cheap enough to replace.

The question remains as to whether or not you should burn anything in an enclosed space that consumes O2 and produces CO as well as CO2. And my answer to that is absolutely NOT!!! Never run that type of heater if it does not have access to fresh air. (An open window, etc...) Using a heater of that sort in an enclosed space could very well lead to death! And if you are dead, what you paid for, or saved on the fuel you burned won't matter at all!! Be safe!

Roger

Both local hardware stores received deliveries of inventory yesterday; neither received any heater fuel.
Their supplier is out of stock as well.
So, I added some denatured alcohol to me red kero and the heater burns cleaner now with less fumes and smoke.
I asked the red kero supplier what grade theirs is and, after consulting his documentation he said K-1.
I cannot attest to the truthfulness of that statement, but it is what he said.

I can understand the logic of not burning a kero heater indoors, but.............
what is a space heater for,then?? One would not even think of attempting to heat an outdoor "space" with a space heater........
My shop has a volume of greater than 15ooo cu ft, so I don't think I am in any danger.
However, the heater really doesn't do much to noticeably heat the area, so.....................

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

crocs and rattle snakes, I can defiantly live without them........

Crocks & Rattle snakes are found in the USA not OZ

We got crocks the size of semi trailers, but no rattlers down here apart from the ones on the railway tracks.