States and locales banning sale of petrol powered tools in a coupla years

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / States and locales banning sale of petrol powered tools in a coupla years
Takes more fossil fuel to make the lithium batteries & solar panels, than the gas autos & etc. ..
You can make solar cells in factories that are solar powered.
We were doing that back in 1972.
It is mindless consumption that has caused the problem particularly the one up man ship
My truck is bigger than yours & I have more totally useless striped grass in my yard than you do
And I live on a bigger black than you do & to show how wealthy I am I will cut down all of the forest and plant lawn but won't allow any beast to feed on it .
will have a new car, phone, TV the size of a billboard in every room etc etc etc.
Now EV's do have their place but the idea we can crawl out of the hole we dug by buying too much trash we don't need by buying more trash we don't need shows that we really have no idea .
So now I need an electric car that goes 200 mph apparently.
As for Lithium, you could not use a worse energy source for a vehicle than a lithium battery .
And when we start to get a lot of them on the roads and they start to roast the occupants nice & crispy while the fire fighters look on because they can not get near one, perhaps some might stop for a minute and ask is this the right path ?
Of course we can ignore the mess the mining companies are making of the deep ocean extracting the copper till we suddenly find there is no Salmon to feed to our cats ( that would actually prefer rats & mice )
So every city will ban petrol powered everything while at the same time building bigger airports for more kerrosene burning jets that dump hundreds of gallons unburned Jet A1 out the exhaust every time they take off .
Good thing is I am not much longer for the planet & have my little "get me out of here package" under the bed .

And we still treat the people who are driving all of this like they are some sort of messiahs rather than the money grubbing villians they really are .

Lawn Addict
Threads

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One of the things that the USA does do really well is aged care and while expensive, it is very good .
Even your poverty places are far & away better than anything we have down here
Even the ones run by churches are really bad. Search St Basils nursing home Melbourne if you want the low down & they were up the top of the quality lists.
So there is no way I want too end up in a place where they are committed to prolonging my death at minimal cost to themselves as long as possible so they can claim government benefits
The 70th is just around the corner and the sins of the past are slowly manifesting themselves
If you have ever been forced to watch the lingering death of a loved one you would understand.
My mother took 10 years to slowly die from the feet up and as bit died completely they got cut off
Totally bed ridden for those 10 years in permenent pain and for the last 4 unable to do anything other than lay there & look at the ceiling.
Feed mush through one tube because she could not swallow and of course excreting through 2 more
If I kept a dog like that the RSPCA would have me in court and I would be looking at 5 years
So a bottle of fine vintage port, a couple of cigars, some wacky weed and a few pills then I am out of here with no pain & smile .

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
I wouldn't praise our senior care so glowingly, it's quite variable. In Houston, all the workers abandoned a facility and left residents in flood waters past their wheelchair axles.

I fully support your exit plan as it does not endanger others.(unlike folks that try to off themselves by driving backwards on freeways, or pointing firearms at cops...) Hopefully, you won't have to worry about that for 20-30 years. Good years we hope.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bert- Sorry to hear. Never knew about places down there.

You ever want to talk, shoot me a line...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert- Sorry to hear. Never knew about places down there.

You ever want to talk, shoot me a line...
Kind offer but I am quite fine mentally
If you can consider that humans are just another species of animal on the planet then life is very simple
You live reproduce then die just like every other living thing on the planet
When there is no longer any purpose for me being here I am happy to exit and leave some space for others
And FWIW remains are already scheduled for scientific use .

Lawn Addict
Threads
10-4 Bert. Well good to hear. Just throwing it out there if you ever want.
I enjoy most of your posts, & etc.