States and locales banning sale of petrol powered tools in a coupla years

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / States and locales banning sale of petrol powered tools in a coupla years
Where do all of the dead batteries go? Landfills. The same place all of the shot windmills and solar panels go.
Enjoy your coal powered outdoor equipment.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
The problem with all this green new deal stuff and trying to save the planet is the rich are not he ones that are affected that bad. It is the working middle class and the poor who cannot afford to do all the things required to meet their standards. The politicians and the rich are not in touch with reality.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nothing wrong with green energy
Burning coal in old radient wall furnaces is probably the most dirty & wasteful way you can make electricity and doubly so if it is done with brown coal ( what we do here )
Gassifing the coal & burning it in direct fired turbines is a much better idea & recovers nearly twice the amount of energy per ton of coal and that is what all of the new power stations in China & India are using because they have to import the coal where as the USA & Oz are knee deep in the stuff.
But radient wall furnaces are very cheap to build and coal is too cheap.
If I produce solid or liquid waste from my factory no one would complain that I have to pay to have it collected & properly dispose off it.
If I need water or petrol or electricity to run my factory then no one would expect that I should get it for free
But if I consume massive amounts of oxygen from the air , apparently it is criminal to expect me to pay for it and even more abhorrent for me to pay for the waste gasses that I produce .

The tragedy is in most places there is more than enough roof spaces in the suburbs for solar cells to power the entire planet so there is very little need for all those ugly wind farms and if solar panels are intergrated into the actual roof, rather than just being tossed on top then they will also increase the insulation of the house because much of the energy will be converted to electricity rather than heating the roof , then the roof cavity then the house .
The only reason it is not done is to protect the profits of power stations .

China is about to open their second "research" liquid salt atomic power stations and their "research" stations are bigger than most power stations in Aust , using technology that the USA abandoned because they really wanted scrap atomic waste to be converted into warheads , not cheap clean electricity for the masses , which you could have had 30 years ago but the coal mines would not have made as much money which they use to pay the parties to mount election campains to make sure nothing changes.
India was due to open their first research reactor last year but Covid has that at least 2 years behind at the moment.

And the politicans are no where near as rich as the people whose pockets they reside in .
The real criminals are in Wall St , not the White House .
And in the USA non compulsory voting is how Wall St maintains this power because the parties need hundreds of millions to run election campaigns which produce thousands of tons of waste just to get you lot off your bums and down to the polling booths.
The media who also profit massively from all the election ho-ha keep on fanning the "right not to vote" as a democratic freedom and continue to make every American believe that being compelled to do anything will instantly turn the country into a 3rd world communist dictatorship while all the time they are bleeding you dry .

In the 2020 elections 14,4 billion was spent trying to get you lot to vote but still less than 1/2 the population voted 133, 000,000
So that means that the parties spent around $ 110 for each person who voted
If you factor in the candidate selection that number nearly doubles and all this is just what was declaired and did not include use of private jets to fly candidates and officals all over the country and the work volunteers put in doing things like driving people to poling booths.

Then you have to add all of the legal costs from challenges to results plus the actual cost of holding the election
Total cost down here was $ 8 per vote

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
In the 2020 elections 14,4 billion was spent trying to get you lot to vote but still less than 1/2 the population voted 133, 000,000
So that means that the parties spent around $ 110 for each person who voted
If you factor in the candidate selection that number nearly doubles and all this is just what was declaired and did not include use of private jets to fly candidates and officals all over the country and the work volunteers put in doing things like driving people to poling booths.

Then you have to add all of the legal costs from challenges to results plus the actual cost of holding the election
Total cost down here was $ 8 per vote
I think our country would be alot better off if more people(eligible adults) voted... and not just in the last 5 years.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It removes a lot of corruption.
If I donated $ 5,000,000 to a party for sure I would be expecting a return on that "investment"
It also make political campains a lot nicer & more honest
Because if the reds run a negative campain telling every one how bad the blues are and the blues return the favour then the yellow party can agree with both of them and that elevates the chances of minor parties & independents

1 Lucky Texan

Threads
yeah, the 2 older parties don't want any competition. Parties are extra-Constitutional and the slide towards them having so much power started with the 12th Amendment. Journalists don't know what to do with more than 'us vs them'. States often have unreasonable hurdles for 3rd parties to even get on the ballot....

if you think a multi-party type system is OK, why stop at 2 ? There 'should' be enough choices that you don't feel like you need to hold your nose while voting.

the lesser of 2 evils is still evil...

Last edited:

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
  1. “Pardoning the Bad, is injuring the Good.”
    - Poor Richard’s Almanack, 1748 Famous quotes of Ben Franklin

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
yes,
Having the far Right & far Left as their own little parties allows the moderate middle to do their job and govern for everyone .

Lawn Addict
Threads
Takes more fossil fuel to make the lithium batteries & solar panels, than the gas autos & etc. ..