Starts and runs only 10 seconds or so.

Beamster

Threads
You have an awesome parts washer right in your kitchen. Just a smaller version of a real one at a machine shop. Put some high pH Purple Power degreaser in there on HD pot scrubber mode and be amazed when it comes out.
Actually not. Our 1 year old dishwasher had a failure and the smoke got out of the wires. So much for big named companies that can't even install wires without them shorting each other out. That's not to mention that repair parts are not a manufacturing priority now.

wpollock

Forum Newbie
Threads
All good input so far. And be ever so careful to take a picture of or make note of how the carb linkage is connected before you disconnect it to remove the carb. Engine will not run properly if it is self-governed and the linkage is not connected correctly.

Rando1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just today I had the same exact problem. I took the fuel line off of the fuel pump and pressurized the gas tank with compressed air and nothing came out. Now I removed the fuel filter and pressurized the tank once again. Nothing came out again indicating clogged or collapsed fuel line. Replaced the fuel line and filter. Unit started and ran but surges. Removed carb and cleaned with carb cleaner. Removed main jet ensuring that it was very clean. Put carb back together and reinstalled. Fired right up and runs as good as new.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good to hear it.
A job you need to do every 5 to 10 years
Best done by draining the tank at the end of the season & leaving it with the cap just sitting on the top
Then blow compressed air back up the fuel line before you fire it up for the new season.
Link it with removing the rear wheels & greasing he axels sp the wheels come off easy to fix flats .