So I was workin in my shop the other day...

grumpygrizzly

Threads
Amusing how we like to say crude oil came from dinosaurs. How many millions of dinosaurs piled up in one place at one time would it take to make a multi million barrel deposit of oil? Oh wait! Oil came from the forests of plant matter. May be some dinosaurs in the mix but nearly all crude oil came from plants. I guess when Sinclair oil put a dinosaur on their logo and had a fuel called Dino Supreme it convinced the world oil came from dinosaurs. Just getting into grinch mode for the season.
Well, maybe the crude oil comes from dinosaur poop. They ate whatever they wanted to, then had to poop somewhere, several thousands of years later, you have Sinclair Oil.. The dinosaur on the sign just isn't showing the little poop balls fallin out the rear end.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had a Stihl 048 Chainsaw on my bench I was working on. Had a bad gas leak.

The wife and I had just come back from Costco (The big warehouse stores where you can buy a 40 pack of toilet paper, half a cow, etc.) and we LOVE the hotdog and drink deal for $1.50. I'd finished my hot dog and took my lemonade out and set it on my bench next to where I was working..

I don't use the straws at the Costco stores because the dispenser for the straws puts out unwrapped straws that everyone puts thier hands and fingers on when getting their straws. Germ factory in a straw container. I'm not a germ-a-phobe by any means but, that is nasty.

Anyway, I've got a large syringe with a piece of gas line on the tip for syphoning out gas from tanks. I'd syphon a syringe full out and squirt it in a plastic container.. Syphon, squirt, syphon squirt..

Took a break for a few seconds to get a sip of lemonade..

Let me be the first to tell ya. Lemonade and 2 stroke gas/oil mix..... Yeah, it's not gonna make it.. Apparently I has squirted a bit of the mixed gas into the lemonade cup..

Wow, what a shock..

What "O' Crap" moments have you had in your shop??

That's hilarious.

I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing with you. lol

Threads
Had a Stihl 048 Chainsaw on my bench I was working on. Had a bad gas leak.

The wife and I had just come back from Costco (The big warehouse stores where you can buy a 40 pack of toilet paper, half a cow, etc.) and we LOVE the hotdog and drink deal for $1.50. I'd finished my hot dog and took my lemonade out and set it on my bench next to where I was working..

I don't use the straws at the Costco stores because the dispenser for the straws puts out unwrapped straws that everyone puts thier hands and fingers on when getting their straws. Germ factory in a straw container. I'm not a germ-a-phobe by any means but, that is nasty.

Anyway, I've got a large syringe with a piece of gas line on the tip for syphoning out gas from tanks. I'd syphon a syringe full out and squirt it in a plastic container.. Syphon, squirt, syphon squirt..

Took a break for a few seconds to get a sip of lemonade..

Let me be the first to tell ya. Lemonade and 2 stroke gas/oil mix..... Yeah, it's not gonna make it.. Apparently I has squirted a bit of the mixed gas into the lemonade cup..

Wow, what a shock..

What "O' Crap" moments have you had in your shop??
i had a massey ferguson ski whiz 500 and took it for a test run and the fan belt was old and snapped wouldent stop would ent turn off ether