So I was workin in my shop the other day...

grumpygrizzly

Threads
Had a Stihl 048 Chainsaw on my bench I was working on. Had a bad gas leak.

The wife and I had just come back from Costco (The big warehouse stores where you can buy a 40 pack of toilet paper, half a cow, etc.) and we LOVE the hotdog and drink deal for $1.50. I'd finished my hot dog and took my lemonade out and set it on my bench next to where I was working..

I don't use the straws at the Costco stores because the dispenser for the straws puts out unwrapped straws that everyone puts thier hands and fingers on when getting their straws. Germ factory in a straw container. I'm not a germ-a-phobe by any means but, that is nasty.

Anyway, I've got a large syringe with a piece of gas line on the tip for syphoning out gas from tanks. I'd syphon a syringe full out and squirt it in a plastic container.. Syphon, squirt, syphon squirt..

Took a break for a few seconds to get a sip of lemonade..

Let me be the first to tell ya. Lemonade and 2 stroke gas/oil mix..... Yeah, it's not gonna make it.. Apparently I has squirted a bit of the mixed gas into the lemonade cup..

Wow, what a shock..

What "O' Crap" moments have you had in your shop??

Michael72

Threads
Had a Stihl 048 Chainsaw on my bench I was working on. Had a bad gas leak.

The wife and I had just come back from Costco (The big warehouse stores where you can buy a 40 pack of toilet paper, half a cow, etc.) and we LOVE the hotdog and drink deal for $1.50. I'd finished my hot dog and took my lemonade out and set it on my bench next to where I was working..

I don't use the straws at the Costco stores because the dispenser for the straws puts out unwrapped straws that everyone puts thier hands and fingers on when getting their straws. Germ factory in a straw container. I'm not a germ-a-phobe by any means but, that is nasty.

Anyway, I've got a large syringe with a piece of gas line on the tip for syphoning out gas from tanks. I'd syphon a syringe full out and squirt it in a plastic container.. Syphon, squirt, syphon squirt..

Took a break for a few seconds to get a sip of lemonade..

Let me be the first to tell ya. Lemonade and 2 stroke gas/oil mix..... Yeah, it's not gonna make it.. Apparently I has squirted a bit of the mixed gas into the lemonade cup..

Wow, what a shock..

What "O' Crap" moments have you had in your shop??

Been there done that!....cig ash and oil in the coffee....and few moments where do i go to the doc or see what happens!!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess that is one advantage of a gravel driveway and living in the country. If I have a chainsaw to drain the fuel tank I just dump it in my driveway.

Michael72

Threads
I guess that is one advantage of a gravel driveway and living in the country. If I have a chainsaw to drain the fuel tank I just dump it in my driveway.

Gravel is good.....anything i spill is there until the stain is replaced by a new one!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
My whole shop doesnt have a floor if I spill or dump stuff just bury it and no nosy neighbors

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
OMG.......NOW I'VE HEARD EVERYTHING :frown:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
My whole shop doesnt have a floor if I spill or dump stuff just bury it and no nosy neighbors

I like a concrete floor in my shop, it gets cleaned after every job and some time in between a job. One thing I do like is a clean, smooth, hard and dry floor to work on. If I do spill fuel or oil it gets cleaned up right away. As I work all removed hardware go's in a pan or box. After ever days work all the tools get cleaned and put back in there place. This makes it a lot easier keep tract of everything like tools and parts and make for better workmanship.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like a concrete floor in my shop, it gets cleaned after every job and some time in between a job. One thing I do like is a clean, smooth, hard and dry floor to work on. If I do spill fuel or oil it gets cleaned up right away. As I work all removed hardware go's in a pan or box. After ever days work all the tools get cleaned and put back in there place. This makes it a lot easier keep tract of everything like tools and parts and make for better workmanship.

The likelihood I spill something is very small I'm very careful, however if you ever drop a screw or bolt I am very unlikely to find it ^^

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The likelihood I spill something is very small I'm very careful, however if you ever drop a screw or bolt I am very unlikely to find it ^^

I do find no matter how careful I am I do drop things and spill fluids. (old age) Why is it when I drop something small it seems to never go on the floor but it goes into the chassis or frame so I have a hard time finding it.

Bison

Threads
On a place i worked as the only mechanic.
On one warm summer day i had an open half bottle of beer hid behind a leg of the work bench. While working outside on a piece of equipment some A -hole found it funny to drink my beer and refill it with hydr fluid.
Man, it took the rest of the day to get that foul taste out of my mouth.
Lucky I never found who done it cause i would've force fed him the rest of the barrel he got it from.