Selling or buying? Beware USPS now

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
As voting I not even sure our votes get counted if we do it at the polling place but I am going suited up to try to vote anyway. It sorta like the vote our credit union just had on a merger. Before even the vote was counted they were already announcing the conversion date so voting was a formality just to say it was voted on.

If voting worked, they wouldn't let us do it.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not the USPS but Fedex. A few years ago had a customer's million dollar printing system down for a special software patch. It was overnighted with FedEx. Package was a no show. So ordered again. Still no show with both packages. Had the engineers send the software again. Customer down for days. Next day all 3 showed up each in a big FedEx envelope with a big red sticker saying checked by homeland security. WTF!!!!! I didn't know a few DVDs were a threat to homeland security.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As voting I not even sure our votes get counted if we do it at the polling place but I am going suited up to try to vote anyway. It sorta like the vote our credit union just had on a merger. Before even the vote was counted they were already announcing the conversion date so voting was a formality just to say it was voted on.
Corperate voting is done the same way as parliamentry voting.
No vote is called till the proposer knows they have enough votes for the motion to be carried.
In the times we live in, consolidated capital have a majority shareholding in just about every public business.
So all you have to do is get the backing from a few pension funds ( super funds down here ) cash management funds or hedge funds and you have a majority of votes.
This has been the case forever but in the past 30 years it has become a chronic problem as basically 3 people can control a business with 3,000,0000 individual shareholders.
Even worse is the fund managers have zero interest in the business they are investing in . All they worry about is the business is going to pay a dividend that is above market rate so they can claim their 0,05% as a bonus.
If they can make a bigger profit by closing down the business, sacking all workers ( after going chapter 11 because the have raided the pension fund & not paid tax ) and shifting the brand to a 3rd world country they will eagerly do just that .
This is where the current system of capitalism has failed myserably and untimately the richest person will have total control over everyone's life.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
So that is why governments are so screwed up. I was getting that impression from ways our government here in the US has been operating lately.

At least with my Credit Union I can leave them for another one easy enough as I prefer Visa over MasterCard for my credit provider. I have been with Visa since the mid 80s and now they want me to learn the ropes again with MasterCard change over.

Besides I went through all the bank mergers here back in the late 80s early 90s and it was a nightmare even though I made lots of commissions on sales of bank equipment. Every time I turned around I was changing things again after a month or two of getting things straighten out. Just one headache after another, especially when the customer files were still mainly paper record files back then. I started out with one 4 drawer file and when I left the company I had four 4 drawer file cabinets. It was hard to keep equipment repair histories intact. I went from having a good inventory of parts to a just in time system which required a lot of overnight direct to customer part shipments that I could drive to the customer location while the parts were in route; didn't make much sense to me but that the way corporate wanted it done. I spent more time driving than actual repair time.

When I came to that job I was fairly normal but when I left I was a nervous train wreck with a lot more grey hair. At least I was not like one of my co workers where he lost most of his hair in a year.

Well back to subject at hand. USPS is now so screwed up now it would take a miracle to get it straighten out any time soon sorta like my current computer inventory where the programmer royally screw it up back in March. I am still finding incorrect items though I got the bulk of the errors corrected. It is strange I can get mail from the other side of the country in two days but it takes two weeks to send mail to the same location. It one the reasons email is so popular. As shipping things in I willing to pay a little more to have it shipped via a reliable carrier than the USPS whenever I can choose the carrier.

Mower King

Threads
At least with UPS, it is easier for us, the customer, to track where it is and was at last.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
USPS processes and ships packages completely different than a letter or bulk (junk) mail. If a letter has a printed zip code it processes quickly. Hand written addresses that can't be read by the scanner got to a manual scanning system. Packages go through a different scanning system. Until a letter or package gets to the local post office the only thing the system cares about is the zip code. If the zip code is not read by the first scanner good luck when you will see the letter or package. I used to service machines at the Dayton post office before they shut down the sorting there and moved it to Cincinnati. I was one of the few non employees to be cleared to be on the sorting floor after 911. I am sure it is even worse now how they sort stuff