Selling or buying? Beware USPS now

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wife and I are waiting on a couple packages, way overdue. They were tracked as received for shipping and nothing since. Do they have a dead package bin? Might look into UPS or FedEx, or pony express might be more reliable these days.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I recently had a package shipped out Memphis,TN to Elora,TN by 3 Day Priority Mail. It took a week and half to show up. I did a trace on it and it took the scenic route down through Georgia, back to same Memphis distribution center before finally arriving. The package looked like it had to heck and back. Lucky it was just ball bearings for stock.

Anything I order that I am needing quick does goes thru either UPS or FedEx. Even the ball bearing are now on UPS ship only from the vendor now per my request.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
USPS has been pretty good delivering to me so far, usually if i order from out of state it goes to Dallas then Houston then here to Conroe.
i had a package go through the USPS place in Coppell TX outside of dallas, if a package is going to get screwed up, it goes through Coppell Texas then to the rest of the U.S.A.
I even had a part from PartsTree from AUSTIN, go to Coppell,TX, then to wisconsin, Missouri, Ohio and bounced around the midwest for 2 weeks.

NorthBama

Threads
what is strange to me is if i mail a letter from my address to a neighboring address 2 miles away it goes to Birmingham 120 miles south to be sorted and 2 days later gets delivered to address 2 miles away from original address. Its no wonder the usps is a billion in the red

wrldtvlr

Threads
what is strange to me is if i mail a letter from my address to a neighboring address 2 miles away it goes to Birmingham 120 miles south to be sorted and 2 days later gets delivered to address 2 miles away from original address. Its no wonder the usps is a billion in the red
Apparently almost all mail gets xrayed/screened/envelope photographed these days. Since they don't have those machines at every post office, they route the incoming stuff to a distribution center.

Doesn't help that some distribution centers are notoriously bad. I ordered a priority mail package that happened to pass through the Orlando center a couple of months ago. It sat there for 3 days before taking it another two to reach me.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The more they depend on machines the slower they get. The last time I seen my local post office to get in hurry is when I ordered bees. They are on the phone as soon as they arrive yet the postal system let baby chicks die because they are so slow and stupidity sit them out in the hot sun in boxes. Letting nearly 2500 baby chicks lately to die in transportation is un-excusable. One person reported the 800 chicks she ordered arrived dead.

I reckon they are like a lot of business and just hire a person just to be a body filling a job position and not for a fully working brain.

Mower King

Threads
I sent 5 carbs, set-up for Alcohol, via USPS to a guy about 5 states away. He never got them after 2 weeks. I checked the tracking # and it said it got delivered. I thought Oh, hell, someone got 5 Alky carbs that wasn't supposed to! So, I had my personal detective (WIFE) track it down.
Turned out, the post office where I shipped them from, transposed the last 2 #'s in the zip code and it was sent to a town about 20 miles from where it was to be delivered. What made me nervous was, both towns had the EXACT same address. Luckily, the post office where it was sent to, in the wrong town, noticed the town & zip code did not match, so they held it there, and even though the tracking # said it was delivered, it was being held. It was finally delivered to the right guy a couple days later. NO MORE USPS FOR ME....unless its something small and not worth a lot!

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
My order from Stens, which is notoriously on time, every time, didn't show up Friday. Tracking said it was delayed and would be here on Saturday. Saturday came and nothing. Rechecked tracking and said it was some sort of "security check" hold up.
Security check? WTH?

wrldtvlr

Threads
My order from Stens, which is notoriously on time, every time, didn't show up Friday. Tracking said it was delayed and would be here on Saturday. Saturday came and nothing. Rechecked tracking and said it was some sort of "security check" hold up.
Security check? WTH?
That's new to me, but I can see it. Suspect they scan/x-ray by trailer/pallet/cart, not individual mail piece. Get a positive on something that needs a closer look, the batch gets pulled aside and gone through individually.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's new to me, but I can see it. Suspect they scan/x-ray by trailer/pallet/cart, not individual mail piece. Get a positive on something that needs a closer look, the batch gets pulled aside and gone through individually.

LMAO.. Belts, blades and air filters could be sued for something other than their intention, I suppose.