Export thread

Selling or buying? Beware USPS now

tom3

tom3

Wife and I are waiting on a couple packages, way overdue. They were tracked as received for shipping and nothing since. Do they have a dead package bin? Might look into UPS or FedEx, or pony express might be more reliable these days.

StarTech

StarTech

I recently had a package shipped out Memphis,TN to Elora,TN by 3 Day Priority Mail. It took a week and half to show up. I did a trace on it and it took the scenic route down through Georgia, back to same Memphis distribution center before finally arriving. The package looked like it had to heck and back. Lucky it was just ball bearings for stock.

Anything I order that I am needing quick does goes thru either UPS or FedEx. Even the ball bearing are now on UPS ship only from the vendor now per my request.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

USPS has been pretty good delivering to me so far, usually if i order from out of state it goes to Dallas then Houston then here to Conroe.
i had a package go through the USPS place in Coppell TX outside of dallas, if a package is going to get screwed up, it goes through Coppell Texas then to the rest of the U.S.A.
I even had a part from PartsTree from AUSTIN, go to Coppell,TX, then to wisconsin, Missouri, Ohio and bounced around the midwest for 2 weeks.

NorthBama

NorthBama

what is strange to me is if i mail a letter from my address to a neighboring address 2 miles away it goes to Birmingham 120 miles south to be sorted and 2 days later gets delivered to address 2 miles away from original address. Its no wonder the usps is a billion in the red

wrldtvlr

wrldtvlr

what is strange to me is if i mail a letter from my address to a neighboring address 2 miles away it goes to Birmingham 120 miles south to be sorted and 2 days later gets delivered to address 2 miles away from original address. Its no wonder the usps is a billion in the red
Apparently almost all mail gets xrayed/screened/envelope photographed these days. Since they don't have those machines at every post office, they route the incoming stuff to a distribution center.

Doesn't help that some distribution centers are notoriously bad. I ordered a priority mail package that happened to pass through the Orlando center a couple of months ago. It sat there for 3 days before taking it another two to reach me.

StarTech

StarTech

The more they depend on machines the slower they get. The last time I seen my local post office to get in hurry is when I ordered bees. They are on the phone as soon as they arrive yet the postal system let baby chicks die because they are so slow and stupidity sit them out in the hot sun in boxes. Letting nearly 2500 baby chicks lately to die in transportation is un-excusable. One person reported the 800 chicks she ordered arrived dead.

I reckon they are like a lot of business and just hire a person just to be a body filling a job position and not for a fully working brain.

Mower King

Mower King

I sent 5 carbs, set-up for Alcohol, via USPS to a guy about 5 states away. He never got them after 2 weeks. I checked the tracking # and it said it got delivered. I thought Oh, hell, someone got 5 Alky carbs that wasn't supposed to! So, I had my personal detective (WIFE) track it down.
Turned out, the post office where I shipped them from, transposed the last 2 #'s in the zip code and it was sent to a town about 20 miles from where it was to be delivered. What made me nervous was, both towns had the EXACT same address. Luckily, the post office where it was sent to, in the wrong town, noticed the town & zip code did not match, so they held it there, and even though the tracking # said it was delivered, it was being held. It was finally delivered to the right guy a couple days later. NO MORE USPS FOR ME....unless its something small and not worth a lot!

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

My order from Stens, which is notoriously on time, every time, didn't show up Friday. Tracking said it was delayed and would be here on Saturday. Saturday came and nothing. Rechecked tracking and said it was some sort of "security check" hold up.
Security check? WTH?

wrldtvlr

wrldtvlr

My order from Stens, which is notoriously on time, every time, didn't show up Friday. Tracking said it was delayed and would be here on Saturday. Saturday came and nothing. Rechecked tracking and said it was some sort of "security check" hold up.
Security check? WTH?
That's new to me, but I can see it. Suspect they scan/x-ray by trailer/pallet/cart, not individual mail piece. Get a positive on something that needs a closer look, the batch gets pulled aside and gone through individually.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

That's new to me, but I can see it. Suspect they scan/x-ray by trailer/pallet/cart, not individual mail piece. Get a positive on something that needs a closer look, the batch gets pulled aside and gone through individually.

LMAO.. Belts, blades and air filters could be sued for something other than their intention, I suppose.

Q

qmark

I have had no problem with them. Has been good service.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Privatize it......
t3609.gif

Had a package coming. tracking said it would be here in 3 days, well it got close, then was routed back to sender.
I notified sender & got it sorted, & finally got my package.

Q

qmark

Leave it alone . Get the repubs hands off it and it will be fine.

Mower King

Mower King

Had a package coming. tracking said it would be here in 3 days, well it got close, then was routed back to sender.
I notified sender & got it sorted, & finally got my package.

How fast do ya think mail in ballots for the election will be ?

"How fast do ya think mail in ballots for the election will be ?"
This is the most MESSED UP idea I have ever heard of....and that is not the real language I want to use about it but, I don't want kick off the forum!

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

I ordered a starter last thursday, through Amazon (OEM) It got to OK City on Saturday, and that was the last time anyone at the USPS has seen it.

StarTech

StarTech

Well when it get back from trip around the solar system including going to Pluto you might get the package. It bad enough that the USPS can't seems to get its act together but get me even madder is those shippers that create labels but them drag their feet getting the package even to a post office. I got right now that created a label and flag the order as shipped on the 8/16 and it still hasnt even made it to the USPS office yet but I suspect that I have an Oct 9-30
arrival time that the package is coming from Hong Kong.

Now if I pay for a 3 day delivery I expect a 3 day delivery. If I don't then I want fees paid returned s they didn't do their job.

StarTech

StarTech

As voting I not even sure our votes get counted if we do it at the polling place but I am going suited up to try to vote anyway. It sorta like the vote our credit union just had on a merger. Before even the vote was counted they were already announcing the conversion date so voting was a formality just to say it was voted on.

wrldtvlr

wrldtvlr

My favorite peeve is 'Surepost' and the like where UPS or FedEx hand off the package to USPS for last mile delivery. Still don't like it, but where I live now they generally get delivered the day after USPS receives it. Still takes longer than if it just stayed with the original shipping company.

M

mechanic mark

Our former neighbors, both passed away now, had bank checks stolen through USPS in Atlanta about 15 years ago. Thieves used checks for purchases. They were heartbroken, had to make several trips to their bank & police dept. to straighten situation out. They told me later thieves were never caught according to police dept.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

As voting I not even sure our votes get counted if we do it at the polling place but I am going suited up to try to vote anyway. It sorta like the vote our credit union just had on a merger. Before even the vote was counted they were already announcing the conversion date so voting was a formality just to say it was voted on.

If voting worked, they wouldn't let us do it.

Mower King

Mower King

If voting worked, they wouldn't let us do it.
That quote right there ^^ best one so far!

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Not the USPS but Fedex. A few years ago had a customer's million dollar printing system down for a special software patch. It was overnighted with FedEx. Package was a no show. So ordered again. Still no show with both packages. Had the engineers send the software again. Customer down for days. Next day all 3 showed up each in a big FedEx envelope with a big red sticker saying checked by homeland security. WTF!!!!! I didn't know a few DVDs were a threat to homeland security.

B

bertsmobile1

Corperate voting is done the same way as parliamentry voting.
No vote is called till the proposer knows they have enough votes for the motion to be carried.
In the times we live in, consolidated capital have a majority shareholding in just about every public business.
So all you have to do is get the backing from a few pension funds ( super funds down here ) cash management funds or hedge funds and you have a majority of votes.
This has been the case forever but in the past 30 years it has become a chronic problem as basically 3 people can control a business with 3,000,0000 individual shareholders.
Even worse is the fund managers have zero interest in the business they are investing in . All they worry about is the business is going to pay a dividend that is above market rate so they can claim their 0,05% as a bonus.
If they can make a bigger profit by closing down the business, sacking all workers ( after going chapter 11 because the have raided the pension fund & not paid tax ) and shifting the brand to a 3rd world country they will eagerly do just that .
This is where the current system of capitalism has failed myserably and untimately the richest person will have total control over everyone's life.

StarTech

StarTech

So that is why governments are so screwed up. I was getting that impression from ways our government here in the US has been operating lately.

At least with my Credit Union I can leave them for another one easy enough as I prefer Visa over MasterCard for my credit provider. I have been with Visa since the mid 80s and now they want me to learn the ropes again with MasterCard change over.

Besides I went through all the bank mergers here back in the late 80s early 90s and it was a nightmare even though I made lots of commissions on sales of bank equipment. Every time I turned around I was changing things again after a month or two of getting things straighten out. Just one headache after another, especially when the customer files were still mainly paper record files back then. I started out with one 4 drawer file and when I left the company I had four 4 drawer file cabinets. It was hard to keep equipment repair histories intact. I went from having a good inventory of parts to a just in time system which required a lot of overnight direct to customer part shipments that I could drive to the customer location while the parts were in route; didn't make much sense to me but that the way corporate wanted it done. I spent more time driving than actual repair time.

When I came to that job I was fairly normal but when I left I was a nervous train wreck with a lot more grey hair. At least I was not like one of my co workers where he lost most of his hair in a year.

Well back to subject at hand. USPS is now so screwed up now it would take a miracle to get it straighten out any time soon sorta like my current computer inventory where the programmer royally screw it up back in March. I am still finding incorrect items though I got the bulk of the errors corrected. It is strange I can get mail from the other side of the country in two days but it takes two weeks to send mail to the same location. It one the reasons email is so popular. As shipping things in I willing to pay a little more to have it shipped via a reliable carrier than the USPS whenever I can choose the carrier.

Mower King

Mower King

At least with UPS, it is easier for us, the customer, to track where it is and was at last.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

USPS processes and ships packages completely different than a letter or bulk (junk) mail. If a letter has a printed zip code it processes quickly. Hand written addresses that can't be read by the scanner got to a manual scanning system. Packages go through a different scanning system. Until a letter or package gets to the local post office the only thing the system cares about is the zip code. If the zip code is not read by the first scanner good luck when you will see the letter or package. I used to service machines at the Dayton post office before they shut down the sorting there and moved it to Cincinnati. I was one of the few non employees to be cleared to be on the sorting floor after 911. I am sure it is even worse now how they sort stuff