Sea foam.

LakeRat1

Threads
Talking about Stabil, the Marine Stabil is better than the reg. stabil, in MOP, the Marine Stabil is Blue, Where the Reg Stabil is Red, i have read a couple articals stating this, i switched to the Marine Stabil about 2 years ago, toward the end of the season I start using a double dose in my gas so that what ever is left over will have more life to it,

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bullseye,Good tip on the coffee filter.

In this forum somewhere I remember a link that steered people to (rural) gas stations serving non ethanol gas.

Threads
I was wondering if the seafoam works better as a cleaner, or fuel stabilzer?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Rivets,
Wished I had thought about posting that link while posting in "ethanol-related" threads. That's what I used to locate local stations because I won't run anything else in my lawn & garden equipment and boat!!! I just readied the ZTR & string trimmer for the season this past weekend and purchased some non-ethanol Mid-Grade gas for them. I was surprised it hadn't gone up that much since last summer(the Regular was 3.79, the Mid-Grade was 3.93 and the Premium was $4.15) and it is worth every penny over that 10% ethanol junk!!!!

rfl

Threads
Rivets,
Wished I had thought about posting that link while posting in "ethanol-related" threads. That's what I used to locate local stations because I won't run anything else in my lawn & garden equipment and boat!!! I just readied the ZTR & string trimmer for the season this past weekend and purchased some non-ethanol Mid-Grade gas for them. I was surprised it hadn't gone up that much since last summer(the Regular was 3.79, the Mid-Grade was 3.93 and the Premium was $4.15) and it is worth every penny over that 10% ethanol junk!!!!

I have used both Seafoam and Stabil. I find Stabil easier to mix and I have never had a problem with either of them. I run Stabil in all of my small gas engines year around and has solved any problems I used to have with running engines out of fuel for the winter. I start all of my equipment and let it run in the winter time to make sure all seals and carb parts have Stabil treated fuel in them. I guess I have never had a problem with it going bad because I use enough of it that it does not sit that long. I missed one season not using Stabil over the winter and I paid the price. I will not use alcohol based fuels since it tends to attract moisture. The only other problem I had with Stabil, I poured five gallon of mixed fuel in my sons 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix and it turned the check engine light on until the next fill up. The light went out after refueling his car
rfl