Sea foam.

Threads
possum,
I resemble that remark(guys 60 and up:0)......but kinda like you, I mostly use the Stabil(but I also run "non-ethanol" gas in my boat and all lawn equipment). I put Seafoam, though, in my boat at the end of last Summer because I filled it up at the beginning of Spring last year and only ran about a quarter tank out of it. Since the Seafoam(IMHO) is a "heavier duty" treatment than the Stabil, I decided to use if for winter storage in the boat. Also, I've read many testimonials that if you have any type of small engine that is reluctant to start up because it has been "compromised" by running ethanol gas in it that the Seafoam will definitely get it going again. Seafoam also got my 1995 Chevy truck to pass emission testing one year after it failed the first test. After that, I started putting a fuel system treatment in the truck each year and it hasn't failed since. That Seafoam is indeed good stuff!!!

Yep it helps keep the varnish out from stale fuel.

LakeRat1

Threads
I was first turned on to Seafoam by a Boat Mech. i was having a problem with a 115 yamha, he told me to put a
strong dose in the gas, crank the motor let it run 5 min. then kill it and let it set 1 hour, did as i was told, that fixed
my problem, the Fuel Injectors must have been dirty, any way after that, i started using in in all my small stuff,
I add a couple oz. to the tank when a unit has been setting a while, but i also add Marine Stabil to my gas cans before
i go to pick up gas, I just dont want any trouble, I only buy Non Ethanol Gas, for all my Boats & and Yard Equipment, I know
a lot of you are not so lucky, if i were you'll i would look around and see of there is any such station in your area, That
Ethanol Gas is not good to use in your small motors, or boat motors

Bomba

Threads
possum,
I resemble that remark(guys 60 and up:0)......but kinda like you, I mostly use the Stabil(but I also run "non-ethanol" gas in my boat and all lawn equipment). I put Seafoam, though, in my boat at the end of last Summer because I filled it up at the beginning of Spring last year and only ran about a quarter tank out of it. Since the Seafoam(IMHO) is a "heavier duty" treatment than the Stabil, I decided to use if for winter storage in the boat. Also, I've read many testimonials that if you have any type of small engine that is reluctant to start up because it has been "compromised" by running ethanol gas in it that the Seafoam will definitely get it going again. Seafoam also got my 1995 Chevy truck to pass emission testing one year after it failed the first test. After that, I started putting a fuel system treatment in the truck each year and it hasn't failed since. That Seafoam is indeed good stuff!!!

Hey DJ, do you use stabilizer in your non ethanol fuel? I've just started using ethanol free gas in my mowers etc.

Bomba

Threads
I was first turned on to Seafoam by a Boat Mech. i was having a problem with a 115 yamha, he told me to put a
strong dose in the gas, crank the motor let it run 5 min. then kill it and let it set 1 hour, did as i was told, that fixed
my problem, the Fuel Injectors must have been dirty, any way after that, i started using in in all my small stuff,
I add a couple oz. to the tank when a unit has been setting a while, but i also add Marine Stabil to my gas cans before
i go to pick up gas, I just dont want any trouble, I only buy Non Ethanol Gas, for all my Boats & and Yard Equipment, I know
a lot of you are not so lucky, if i were you'll i would look around and see of there is any such station in your area, That
Ethanol Gas is not good to use in your small motors, or boat motors

Do u use stabilizers in your ethanol-free gas?

LakeRat1

Threads
Yes I use Marine Stabil in all the Non Ethanol gas, i pick up 10 gal at a time, and i put 1 oz of stabil in each 5 gal can, bsfore I go to fill up
my reason for doinfg so is it fights moisture, and i dont know how long some of my stuff will set before i use it
again, if i were using a can of gas every day or so, no i would not treat it, but in my case i have 3 boats, 2 mowere,
a power washer, & a 4 wheeler , chain saw, and a weed eater, i use the same gas in it all, a qt. of the Marine stabil last me over a year, just to cheap to take a chance

Bomba

Threads
Yes I use Marine Stabil in all the Non Ethanol gas, i pick up 10 gal at a time, and i put 1 oz of stabil in each 5 gal can, bsfore I go to fill up
my reason for doinfg so is it fights moisture, and i dont know how long some of my stuff will set before i use it
again, if i were using a can of gas every day or so, no i would not treat it, but in my case i have 3 boats, 2 mowere,
a power washer, & a 4 wheeler , chain saw, and a weed eater, i use the same gas in it all, a qt. of the Marine stabil last me over a year, just to cheap to take a chance

Yes, I use stabil now in all my gas. I know that the stihl oil I mix with gas for my 4 mix engines are treats with stabilizers already, but like u say its cheap over the long run. Totally worth the peace of mind.

Bomba

Threads
Yes, I use stabil now in all my gas. I know that the stihl oil I mix with gas for my 4 mix engines are treats with stabilizers already, but like u say its cheap over the long run. Totally worth the peace of mind.

I meant 4 mix*

LakeRat1

Threads
Bomba, when my JD 445 LT was about a year old one of the Valves would stick even now and then, took it back
to the Dealer, the Mech. told me that they had a couple others doing the same thing, this was back in 2002,
he said that since they had quite putting lead in gas that it was so dry that the vakve stems were running dry,
about that same time I read a artical in a Farm Maz. about the same problem, & this Guy recomened that people add
4 oz. of Marvel Mistery Oil in each 10 gal. of gas, well I got a Gal and started adding 2 oz. to each 5 gal, along with
the Marine Stabil, once i started doing that no more problem, & i know that the Marvel Mistery Oil can't do nothing
but help all my different Motors, Both 2 cy. & 4 cy. I have forgot what a gal cost, but it last for ever, 128 oz to a gal.
that's a lot of fill ups, a gal last me about 2 or 3 years, I took one of the old Qt. bottles that Marine Stabil comes in.
and use it to measure out the Marvel Mistery Oil, I just relabeled it, makes it easy, Just refill it from the Gal can that i buy it in, on the 2 cy. engines, I still add the amount of oil that is called for. most are 50-1, Every thing is running good, so if it ant
broke don't try and fix it, that the way i look at what i add to my gas, There are to many other place to try and save
a little money, other than on the engines, my 4 wheeler has right at 5000 miles on it, just tuch the starter bittom & it
Fires up, and the same for my other stuff,

Bomba

Threads
Bomba, when my JD 445 LT was about a year old one of the Valves would stick even now and then, took it back
to the Dealer, the Mech. told me that they had a couple others doing the same thing, this was back in 2002,
he said that since they had quite putting lead in gas that it was so dry that the vakve stems were running dry,
about that same time I read a artical in a Farm Maz. about the same problem, & this Guy recomened that people add
4 oz. of Marvel Mistery Oil in each 10 gal. of gas, well I got a Gal and started adding 2 oz. to each 5 gal, along with
the Marine Stabil, once i started doing that no more problem, & i know that the Marvel Mistery Oil can't do nothing
but help all my different Motors, Both 2 cy. & 4 cy. I have forgot what a gal cost, but it last for ever, 128 oz to a gal.
that's a lot of fill ups, a gal last me about 2 or 3 years, I took one of the old Qt. bottles that Marine Stabil comes in.
and use it to measure out the Marvel Mistery Oil, I just relabeled it, makes it easy, Just refill it from the Gal can that i buy it in, on the 2 cy. engines, I still add the amount of oil that is called for. most are 50-1, Every thing is running good, so if it ant
broke don't try and fix it, that the way i look at what i add to my gas, There are to many other place to try and save
a little money, other than on the engines, my 4 wheeler has right at 5000 miles on it, just tuch the starter bittom & it
Fires up, and the same for my other stuff,

Yes, if it works and its not doing any damage to the engine then it's a no-brainer. I will never use ethanol in my equipment again if I can help it. I'm lucky that there is Gas station 3 miles from me that sells 100% gasoline. The Exmark dealer where I bought my mower recommended 100% gasoline when he delivered my new mower to my house. It's a little bit more expensive but a lot less expensive than having my mower and equipment worked on.

diehardmason

Threads

I have used Seafoam for about 4 years now. It works great. Use it in the boat, trucks, lawn equipment too. I have used MMO, but, I always wondered if I can use MMO and Seafoam at the same time. In my opinion, Seafoam has the greater benefit so I use it instead of the MMO. However, I would love to use both of them. Just not sure if it will damage anything.

We use Seafoam in the 60 power units we have at the job. I've seen an engine knocking and with the addition of the Seafoam into the oil it would stop! Made me start using it.