Sea foam.

Threads
Anyone ever use Sea foam in their equipment?

possum

Threads
Around here guys 60 and up still use Seafoam. My dealer sells those large bottles of Seafoam about 10 to 1 over the medium bottles of Stabil. He sells a little of the Briggs stuff as well. The guys useing it run it for fuel stabilizer and to put their stuff away for winter. They use the time honered method when putting away that was so popular in the hunting fishing magazines in the 70s for putting away ice augers. My fatherinlaw used it and left a new bottle of it behind when he passed on. Most of the old timers swear by it just like alot of them swear by MMO in their oil and or their gas. I use Stabil myself but only in the last few years.

metz12

Threads
Around here guys 60 and up still use Seafoam. My dealer sells those large bottles of Seafoam about 10 to 1 over the medium bottles of Stabil. He sells a little of the Briggs stuff as well. The guys useing it run it for fuel stabilizer and to put their stuff away for winter. They use the time honered method when putting away that was so popular in the hunting fishing magazines in the 70s for putting away ice augers. My fatherinlaw used it and left a new bottle of it behind when he passed on. Most of the old timers swear by it just like alot of them swear by MMO in their oil and or their gas. I use Stabil myself but only in the last few years.

i swear by the stuff. i use it in my truck, chainsaw, leaf blower, trimmer, mower/tractors, everything. if i get something that isnt running and im trying to get them started i pull the plug out, put a little in the the hole, pull the pull chord a couple times. it works really well.

Threads
I used it in my truck it really does work great, and I had heard you could use it in power equipment but wasnt sure.

metz12

Threads
I used it in my truck it really does work great, and I had heard you could use it in power equipment but wasnt sure.

yep, you can. it works well too!

Threads
My mower is due for an oil change before the season starts so I think I am going to give it a try.

metz12

Threads
My mower is due for an oil change before the season starts so I think I am going to give it a try.

i have to do it to both of my mowers. they are both due.

Threads
i have to do it to both of my mowers. they are both due.

I would with my other mower but I just finished seperating the engine to do some internal work, and while I was in there I polished that sucker to a shine. My older mower though has never been flushed, or had the oil pan cleaned out the one I did had crud in there 1/4th inch thick. Here is the sump/ oil pan.

Attachments

• kindergarden 046.jpg
    kindergarden 046.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 54

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

possum,
I resemble that remark(guys 60 and up:0)......but kinda like you, I mostly use the Stabil(but I also run "non-ethanol" gas in my boat and all lawn equipment). I put Seafoam, though, in my boat at the end of last Summer because I filled it up at the beginning of Spring last year and only ran about a quarter tank out of it. Since the Seafoam(IMHO) is a "heavier duty" treatment than the Stabil, I decided to use if for winter storage in the boat. Also, I've read many testimonials that if you have any type of small engine that is reluctant to start up because it has been "compromised" by running ethanol gas in it that the Seafoam will definitely get it going again. Seafoam also got my 1995 Chevy truck to pass emission testing one year after it failed the first test. After that, I started putting a fuel system treatment in the truck each year and it hasn't failed since. That Seafoam is indeed good stuff!!!