Scag Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
.... I will never mow again without a fire extinguisher on board.

Things happen, and a good fire extinguisher is a must... mount it right to your ROPS...
Good luck on the rebuild... will take a lot of parts But not being in any rush, should be a fun project.... :smile:KennyV

Last edited:
Threads
Things happen, and a good fire extinguisher is a must... mount it right to your ROPS... :smile:KennyV

But that is the problem, he doesn't have a ROPS on the new mower. :frown:

tigercat

Threads
I have no idea. I was just mowing like always and smelled something burning.

Terrible stroke of luck! You would think it's only a mower and how could this ever happen? Well, now I'm going to keep an eye out for debris collected on the machine and blow it clean after use.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm going to keep an eye out for debris collected on the machine and blow it clean after use.

Always a good idea... there are few things as devastating as Fire... anything you can do to prevent it will be worth the effort... :smile:KennyV

Badbrad

Forum Newbie
Threads
image.jpg

Hello, new to the forum, but not to mowing. I've had a sideline mowing business for over 12 years now. I've run just about every brand at one time or other. Started out with a John Deere walk behind, upgraded to a Scag walk behind, then a Grasshopper mid mount to a Gravely mid mount and finally back to a Scag! My favorite of them all! Just bought the turf tiger in the fall and ready to sling some grass!

drew7811

Threads
View attachment 13363

Hello, new to the forum, but not to mowing. I've had a sideline mowing business for over 12 years now. I've run just about every brand at one time or other. Started out with a John Deere walk behind, upgraded to a Scag walk behind, then a Grasshopper mid mount to a Gravely mid mount and finally back to a Scag! My favorite of them all! Just bought the turf tiger in the fall and ready to sling some grass!

Welcome. I myself purchased a new turf tiger in the fall last year and now I find myself staring at the grass convincing it to grow so I can get out there and use the beast ;). I am more than ready.

SIDE NOTE. Where are you located in Kentucky? Northern KY here.

mowerguy

Threads
Hey. Southern Indiana here. Just picked up a V-ride Saturday. I mowed the front yard with it even though it didn't need cut. I couldn't hold back. So far I like it. It will take a few hours to master the controls. I am getting impatient waiting for the grass to grow!

Badbrad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Drew, I'm in Bowling Green. Suns out and starting to feel a little warmth. Should be running everything by next week.

drew7811

Threads
Drew, I'm in Bowling Green. Suns out and starting to feel a little warmth. Should be running everything by next week.

Cool. Yeah I saw the extended forecast and saw some consistent 50's and even 60 up our way this week. You should be even warmer down your way. Grow baby GROW! Ha ha

tigercat

Threads
View attachment 13363

Nice machine!