Scag Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

Threads
This is NOT where to post your question. But, Why did you replace the starter?! Sounds like a battery issue, possibly, but you need to post in the actual scag forum and give your question more details of what happened and why you did what you did- starter replacement.
You have posted in an informational thread, and may not get read...

Patton

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi forum, just bought new scag cheeta with kohler engine. Was 2011 demo with 3 hours on meter, 61 inch cut paid $9999, wonder why keys say x mark do they build scags?

Threads
Hi forum, just bought new scag cheeta with kohler engine. Was 2011 demo with 3 hours on meter, 61 inch cut paid $9999, wonder why keys say x mark do they build scags?

The keys may fit both Kohler engines- Scag and Xmark are mower builders NOT engine manufacturers.

Again, this is where to introduce yourself to the forum, not the place to ask questions one wants answered- do that in the actual Scag forum.

LS2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I recently bought my first Scag. A 2012 Tiger Cat with a 52" Velocity Plus deck..........Got it on tuesday. Solid feeling machine. Can't wait to try it out. My grass isn't long enough to cut yet.........

noob

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello my name is mark and i just purchased a scag turf tiger 61 in cut i believe and has the 25 horse kohler motor on it 814 hours hoping i made a good buy but have no clue on what year it is.

ScagRoller

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, Jeff here! I just purchased a 2012 Scag Turf Tiger, 61" deck and Vanguard engine. My first commercial mower and I love it!

Wag

Forum Newbie
Threads
Jason from Louisiana ------> 2002 Scag Tiger Cub w/48" advantage deck 20 hp Kohler.
Bought new in Nov. 2002. Very good mower --- maybe a little overkill for my residential lot.
Only 191 hrs. on it in 10 years. Neighbors say engine not even warmed up when I'm finish.
Other than routine maint. --- Had to replace deck belt idler tension spring and drive belt
idler tension spring --- both were replaced with Scag replacement part spring which were
more heavy duty than the original. On second deck drive belt ($67). At 100 hrs. went
with synthetic oil.

Last edited:
Threads
Jason from Louisiana ------> 2002 Scag Tiger Cub w/48" advantage deck 20 hp Kohler.
Bought new in Nov. 2002. Very good mower --- maybe a little overkill for my residential lot.
Only 191 hrs. on it in 10 years. Neighbors say engine not even warmed up when I'm finish.
Other than routine maint. --- Had to replace deck belt idler tension spring and drive belt
idler tension spring --- both were replaced with Scag replacement part spring which were
more heavy duty than the original. On second deck drive belt ($67). At 100 hrs. went
with synthetic oil.

Nice mower! :welcome: to LawnMowerForum!

drew7811

Threads
Good day everyone. New Scag owner myself. I just bought a 2012 Turf Tiger w/ the 35hp briggs vanguard engine. They were closing out the 12's and only had one left on the lot, but had it marked down quite nicely so I jumped on it. I cut about 3 acres at my home and fell in love with a zero turn after my father in law loaned me his Kubota diesel. I knew I had to have one after that and after much research, i decided on the Turf Tiger. I have put about 2 hrs on it so far and might (if I am lucky) get to cut one more time before winter. I love it. It's a beast of a machine.

Threads
Good day everyone. New Scag owner myself. I just bought a 2012 Turf Tiger w/ the 35hp briggs vanguard engine. They were closing out the 12's and only had one left on the lot, but had it marked down quite nicely so I jumped on it. I cut about 3 acres at my home and fell in love with a zero turn after my father in law loaned me his Kubota diesel. I knew I had to have one after that and after much research, i decided on the Turf Tiger. I have put about 2 hrs on it so far and might (if I am lucky) get to cut one more time before winter. I love it. It's a beast of a machine.

Awesome mower....and :welcome: to LMF! Feel free to post some pics of it!