Rittenhouse trial, jury is still out

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW, down here it is being portraied as yet another self appointed right wing white vigilante finding a reason to shoot people.
Apparently there are 5 such cases running in various US courts right now .
I have no opinions on this case .
US citizens have time & time again proven they want the right to go shoot each other .
as such I fail to see why they have all the hoo-har when that happens .
As for the courtroom all expensive theatre with nothing to do with justice , just lawyers justifing massive pay cheques .
In that last video which I did watch the defence lawyer just used an image taken after the person was shot to badger the witness into stating he was pointing his pistol at the defendent before the rifle was fired .
What is needed is the 10 previous frames which have been overlooked
When you get shot your muscles react in all sorts of strange ways and what the witness has just been badgered into stating could be totally wrong
To get an accurate reconstruction you would need to see that footage as a series of singe frames with anotations as to when the shots were fired.
That could very well tell a totally different story.
The dramatic very much delayed reconsructions inside a court room and the actual real time occurences can be quite different when you have things changing in milliseconds then are examining them with several minutes to think about what happened in the blink of an eye .
This is one of the problems with prosecuting the military as well .
In real life a lot of what happens is a reaction to what your brain thinks it is seeing and what it thinks is going to happen which is often a long way from reality.

the classic example is swerving because you thought you saw something you were going to drive into that was either not there , was not moving at the time or was actually coming to a stop ?
We have all been there , although not with a fire arm in our hands.

Last edited:

4getgto

Threads
Question: So now that you know that all the information you had about Kyle is false, does that change the way you think about him?
Because it seriously sounds like, by not taking up for Kyle, that you're siding with the people he shot. I don't want to guess at that. So I'll ask you to clarify your position.
Answer. So now that you all your information is wrong and these people he shot were nun's would that have been different ?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
FWIW, down here it is being portraied as yet another self appointed right wing white vigilante finding a reason to shoot people.
Apparently there are 5 such cases running in various US courts right now .
I have no opinions on this case .
US citizens have time & time again proven they want the right to go shoot each other .
as such I fail to see why they have all the hoo-har when that happens .
As for the courtroom all expensive theatre with nothing to do with justice , just lawyers justifing massive pay cheques .
In that last video which I did watch the defence lawyer just used an image taken after the person was shot to badger the witness into stating he was pointing his pistol at the defendent before the rifle was fired .
What is needed is the 10 previous frames which have been overlooked
When you get shot your muscles react in all sorts of strange ways and what the witness has just been badgered into stating could be totally wrong
To get an accurate reconstruction you would need to see that footage as a series of singe frames with anotations as to when the shots were fired.
That could very well tell a totally different story.
The dramatic very much delayed reconsructions inside a court room and the actual real time occurences can be quite different when you have things changing in milliseconds then are examining them with several minutes to think about what happened in the blink of an eye .
This is one of the problems with prosecuting the military as well .
In real life a lot of what happens is a reaction to what your brain thinks it is seeing and what it thinks is going to happen which is often a long way from reality.

the classic example is swerving because you thought you saw something you were going to drive into that was either not there , was not moving at the time or was actually coming to a stop ?
We have all been there , although not with a fire arm in our hands.
It is on video of Lefty pointed his illegally carried handgun at Kyle prior to being shot, and it locked his muscles up and he couldn't release the gun from his hand.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well the video looks very wrong to me
For a start is has to have been slowed down drastically.
If he was running at Kyle then he would have been 4 paces past Kyle by the time he was being shot
What I see is him running towards Kyle, then Kyle shooting so he does a side step to his right
If you are intending to shoot some one with a hand gun then you would not run up to them if you know they are armed, you would shoot as soon as you were close enough .
The lawyer made a big thing about the man holding the base ball bat ? in his left hand, but that person was to the left of Grosskreutz so he would not have seen the bat, particularly as it was dark and there was a lot happening at the time.
Making Grosskreutz identify that person puts you in the frame of mind that Grosskreutz knew Kyle was under attack and wanted to join in the fray ( that could be true but it is not what the video shows ).
To analyse the video properly as previously mentioned you would have to print it out frame by frame and then plot out our in a plan view.
What I see is Grosskreutz running towards Kyle then he rects to the sounds of the rifle fire ( which can take a second or two ) then thinks better of it and darts off to the side.
If he was running directly at Kyle from the time he has his hands in the air to the time he is shown being shot then he would have been 15' past Kyle when the rifle discharged.
Now I am not taking sides at all but the evidence does not back up what the lawyer is trying to imply.
And of course , any one know a right handed person who would shoot some one on their left ?
If Grosskreutz was always intending to shoot Kyle then he would have approached with Kyle on his right .
It is a really strange type of person who would continue to run towards some one discharging a fire arm.
There is a lot more to this whole event that meets the eye .

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Answer. So now that you all your information is wrong and these people he shot were nun's would that have been different ?

Nun? More like a Catholic priest.

Joseph Rosenbaum was charged by a grand jury with 11 counts of child molestation and inappropriate sexual activity around children, including anal rape. The victims were five boys ranging in age from nine to 11 years old.

My information isn't wrong about any of them.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well the video looks very wrong to me
For a start is has to have been slowed down drastically.
If he was running at Kyle then he would have been 4 paces past Kyle by the time he was being shot
What I see is him running towards Kyle, then Kyle shooting so he does a side step to his right
If you are intending to shoot some one with a hand gun then you would not run up to them if you know they are armed, you would shoot as soon as you were close enough .
The lawyer made a big thing about the man holding the base ball bat ? in his left hand, but that person was to the left of Grosskreutz so he would not have seen the bat, particularly as it was dark and there was a lot happening at the time.
Making Grosskreutz identify that person puts you in the frame of mind that Grosskreutz knew Kyle was under attack and wanted to join in the fray ( that could be true but it is not what the video shows ).
To analyse the video properly as previously mentioned you would have to print it out frame by frame and then plot out our in a plan view.
What I see is Grosskreutz running towards Kyle then he rects to the sounds of the rifle fire ( which can take a second or two ) then thinks better of it and darts off to the side.
If he was running directly at Kyle from the time he has his hands in the air to the time he is shown being shot then he would have been 15' past Kyle when the rifle discharged.
Now I am not taking sides at all but the evidence does not back up what the lawyer is trying to imply.
And of course , any one know a right handed person who would shoot some one on their left ?
If Grosskreutz was always intending to shoot Kyle then he would have approached with Kyle on his right .
It is a really strange type of person who would continue to run towards some one discharging a fire arm.
There is a lot more to this whole event that meets the eye .

Grosskreutz testified that he was chasing kyle, stopped when the gun shot, then with his pistol in his hand, lunged at him with gun in his right hand. If the video was altered, then the prosecution would've caught it. And Gorsskreutz would've stated it was wrong.
You know he to have seen the video many many times before testifying. The cell phone footage was released very quickly on social media, IIRC. So if you're saying it's been altered, there would've been another version of it shown on social media first.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is on video of Lefty pointed his illegally carried handgun at Kyle prior to being shot, and it locked his muscles up and he couldn't release the gun from his hand.

I was wondering why he didn't let go of it, or run away a few steps and turn the gun on Rittenhouse.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Grosskreutz testified that he was chasing kyle, stopped when the gun shot, then with his pistol in his hand, lunged at him with gun in his right hand. If the video was altered, then the prosecution would've caught it. And Gorsskreutz would've stated it was wrong.
You know he had have seen the video many many times before testifying. The cell phone footage was released very quickly on social media, IIRC. So if you're saying it's been altered, there would've been another version of it shown on social media first.
Everything that happened was either livestreamed or released within minutes of the shootings on social media.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was wondering why he didn't let go of it, or run away a few steps and turn the gun on Rittenhouse.
My understanding was they had to start medical care with the gun in his hand because he couldn't release it.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just found out that one of the other "nuns", Grosskreutz, hit his grandmother in the face, broke a lamp against her wall, was caught stalking police, and some other run in with his mother. Stealing someone's video game console, smashed his girlfriends window. And a whole slew of things.
1637159035959.png

Status
Not open for further replies.