Rittenhouse trial, jury is still out

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Read item 16. Judge stated he hasn't read this motion yet, but would make a decision "if necessary". The prosecution withheld the high quality version of the drone footage, so I'd say it is necessary.

1637163803644.png

mwhitnell

Threads
Anyone who post 11,684 times has no life.

sbtcabman

Forum Newbie
Threads
The operative word is "punk". I've owned hundreds of guns. Unfortunately most bipeds haven't got the common sense to own one. Then there is the testosterone/invincibility issue when they do. The real issue is that most of the under 40 crowd has lost two critical fundamentals, respect and fear. And there we are back at the beginning. The fine attributes of a punk.

gsaunder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Every American has the right to self-defense, even if they voted for the "wrong" person/party.

541S

Forum Newbie
Threads
I understand this is important, but what has it got to do with lawnmowers ?

longhike

Threads
He was bullied as a kid, he dropped out of high school, filled his social media with photos of guns to make him feel like a big man. He shouldn’t have been there and shouldn’t have had a gun.

Too many kids with hurt feelings, and easy access to guns (the bigger problem that nobody wants to discuss). This is an American problem.

oh and yes, if he had been out fixing lawn mowers instead, 2 people would be alive today.

Last edited:

joea99

Threads
What the hell does this have to do with lawnmowers?

Please keep your Political and Social views private.

longhike

Threads
Unfortunately this site allows for these discussions in the Front Porch area of this forum. I agree they should not be allowed but I am guessing that foot traffic and clicks are valuable.

enigma-2

Threads
The case is not as straight forward as some would seem. The kid is claiming seld defense because its all he can claim. He can not deny he shot three unarmed people at close range. And he can't deny he intended the kill them.

Thd jury must decide only one point to find him innocent or guilty. "Did he establish the conditions in which he had to kill thd two other men" (and shoot a third) or was it a turn of events.

The argument comes down to a simple (if simple were only that simple) - If he put himself in a position where he had no choice but to shoot, he's guilty.

Personally I don't believe that an underage kid had any business driving hundreds of miles across state lines, without a driver's license, with a semiautomatic rifle, thats illegal for him to own in Illinois, and injecting himself into a volatile situation with a loaded gun. The other men there who were assisting law enforcement, also felt he was too young and tried to keep a eye on him. Guiding and mentoring him.

I'm guessing that we'll find out, one way or another, later today.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The case is not as straight forward as some would seem. The kid is claiming seld defense because its all he can claim. He can not deny he shot three unarmed people at close range. And he can't deny he intended the kill them.

Thd jury must decide only one point to find him innocent or guilty. "Did he establish the conditions in which he had to kill thd two other men" (and shoot a third) or was it a turn of events.

The argument comes down to a simple (if simple were only that simple) - If he put himself in a position where he had no choice but to shoot, he's guilty.

Personally I don't believe that an underage kid had any business driving hundreds of miles across state lines, without a driver's license, with a semiautomatic rifle, thats illegal for him to own in Illinois, and injecting himself into a volatile situation with a loaded gun. The other men there who were assisting law enforcement, also felt he was too young and tried to keep a eye on him. Guiding and mentoring him.

I'm guessing that we'll find out, one way or another, later today.
First thing it isn't hundreds of miles, it is 20 miles from his home in IL to Kenosha where he had family and friends. Who said that he didn't have a drivers license and if I remember correctly his mom drove him to Kenosha without a firearm since it was already at his friends house in Wisconsin which legally had never been given to him therefore the original purchaser of the rifle still owned it.. And it would not be illegal for him to use the rifle in either state so also a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.