Rittenhouse trial, jury is still out

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
But I suspect they won't be out long. The prosecutions case was garbage, so sayeth the defense attorney, Richards. This man is like the real Goliath. (Billy Bob Thornton's character).

This is an obvious case of self defense. Especially after the prosecution failed to understand the gun laws in their own state, and dropped the possession charge on Rittenhouse. In fact the prosecution sometimes didn't even understand basic law. As in when they tried to go after Kyle for not talking to the police right away, (after turning himself in) until he met with his attorney. The judge stopped the court, sent the jury to the back room and explained to Binger and the other guy about the "right to remain silent."
Then there's the Grosskreutz's phone issue. A warrant was created, but the state never executed that warrant. The prosecution never attempted to recover Grosskreutz's phone and enter it or it's contents into evidence. Since the search warrant was never executed, the defense never had a chance to go through Grosskreutz's phone.
Why did all this happen? Because Grosskreutz was the prosecutions star witness.
Grosskreutz was also in possession of a gun which he had no permit for. Being over the age of 18, he was required by law to get a permit for it. Nor was he charged with lying to police officers about the gun. Which is obstruction of justice.
Why? Because once again, Grosskreutz was the prosecutions star witness.

I'm hoping for a not guilty verdict on all charges, sometime today.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FYI, no jury yet, get your facts straight. The jury has not even been selected yet, judge is to draw 12 jurors from a pool of 18 this morning. The stupid kid is guilty of more than he’s charged with. To bad there are no laws for being incredibly stupid, as he should be put away until they come up with a vaccine. As for other charges, guilty on all counts, unless you feel sorry for the little snot nosed brat.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
FYI, no jury yet, get your facts straight. The jury has not even been selected yet, judge is to draw 12 jurors from a pool of 18 this morning. The stupid kid is guilty of more than he’s charged with. To bad there are no laws for being incredibly stupid, as he should be put away until they come up with a vaccine. As for other charges, guilty on all counts, unless you feel sorry for the little snot nosed brat.

What case are you watching? I've been watching the Rittenhouse trial all week. From opening statements to closing statements.
Jury is deliberating now. The trial ended yesterday.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
In fact, yesterday was a moron move by the prosecutor when he pointed the gun at the jury, with his finger on the trigger. Note: The people on the right aren't the jury. They'll never been shown on TV during the trial.
Prosecutor Points Rifle Toward Jury With Finger On Trigger ...

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are enjoying the hype, but making up your own facts to fit your decisions. This is why people like you make up their mind before they know all the facts. The jury is being selected as I type this. The prosecution and defense gave their closing statements yesterday, but the judge didn’t seat a final jury of 12 individuals. Make sure you know all the facts before you make assumptions. You must be watching NewsMax for your info, as they also like to jump to conclusions. Remember what assume translates into.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
You are enjoying the hype, but making up your own facts to fit your decisions. This is why people like you make up their mind before they know all the facts. The jury is being selected as I type this. The prosecution and defense gave their closing statements yesterday, but the judge didn’t seat a final jury of 12 individuals. Make sure you know all the facts before you make assumptions. You must be watching NewsMax for your info, as they also like to jump to conclusions. Remember what assume translates into.
Fact: The jury selection was completed Nov. 2.
(CNN) November 2, 2021
Kyle Rittenhouse, the armed Illinois teenager who killed two people and wounded another during unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last summer, went on trial Monday on homicide charges in a case that will test the distinction between self-defense and vigilante killings.
A jury of 20 people was selected that included 11 women and nine men, according to a pool reporter in court. That number will be reduced to 12 when deliberations begin.

The facts and evidence (and prosecutions lies) have already been put through the trial. The trial is over. Finished. Kaput. Just waiting on the juries decision at this point. I watched most of it, live. Video's, statements by witnesses, and just about every other aspect of the trial.

So I'm not sure exactly where you get off saying the judge hasn't seated the jury yet. That was 2 weeks ago.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A jury of 20 people were selected two weeks ago, but you only seat 12 jurors to make the final decision. All 20 individuals sat in the courtroom during the last two weeks, hearing all the evidence. One individual was dismissed for making an inappropriate joke to a bailiff and another was dismissed for medical reasons. That left 18 and this morning the judge selected 12 in a random drawing, who will then be making a decision of guilty or not guilty. The remaining 6 still must remain available if anyone else needs to be removed before a final decision is made. Those are the facts, which you were following the trial as closely as you say you were. I think you were selectively following the parts of the trial which support your side of the story. A good juror makes their decision by looking at the entire picture, not just parts of the story. You better review the entire trial before stating your FACTS.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
A jury of 20 people were selected two weeks ago, but you only seat 12 jurors to make the final decision. All 20 individuals sat in the courtroom during the last two weeks, hearing all the evidence. One individual was dismissed for making an inappropriate joke to a bailiff and another was dismissed for medical reasons. That left 18 and this morning the judge selected 12 in a random drawing, who will then be making a decision of guilty or not guilty. The remaining 6 still must remain available if anyone else needs to be removed before a final decision is made. Those are the facts, which you were following the trial as closely as you say you were. I think you were selectively following the parts of the trial which support your side of the story. A good juror makes their decision by looking at the entire picture, not just parts of the story. You better review the entire trial before stating your FACTS.

What you're saying is completely irrelevant to anything I'm talking about. The jury is now deciding guilt or innocence.

From Nov. 1st.
Jury seated in Kyle Rittenhouse homicide trial, setting stage for high-profile case

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is a clear case of self defense. Regardless of why Kyle was there that night, he was well within his legal right to do so. And be armed with that AR. So sayeth the law.

IMO, this was a stupid case for the prosecution to even take to trail. There was no provocation. Everyone that Kyle shot was within 3ft from him, and going after him. If that ain't self defense, I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.