Repair Kubota

cambre

Threads
I believe it is getting enough fuel, I will try electric fuel pump with in line filter. This should give it more fuel if it needs it. Worth a try. I will let it run at 1500 rpm. Let you know what happens. Thanks

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Once you hook up an electric pump with a filter turn it on to pressurize the system and bleed the injector pump with the electric pump on. Within a few seconds of starting up the engine it should be running running normal with full power. If possible putting a T in the line and a fuel pressure gauge would be helpful.

cambre

Threads
Once you hook up an electric pump with a filter turn it on to pressurize the system and bleed the injector pump with the electric pump on. Within a few seconds of starting up the engine it should be running running normal with full power. If possible putting a T in the line and a fuel pressure gauge would be helpful.
Thanks for answer. Putting a T in the line sounds good. I will have to get a fuel pressure gauge. Will let you know what happens.

cambre

Threads
I ordered an electric fuel pump and a new mechanical fuel pump. Think I'll put put mechanical pump on first just to see if that's the problem. If that doesn't work I will put electric pump also. Wish me luck. Be a few days before I get them. If that doesn't work I will put a stick of dynamite on it and lite the fuse. Have a good nite. PS: I ran it today and first time it ran 13min., second time 8min, third time 10min.

Last edited:

cambre

Threads
I put on the new mechanical fuel pump, their was no change. I ordered fuel line T fittings two weeks ago and they are not in yet, tracking says May 7th. Electric fuel pump will go on when they come in. What I have been doing is when I start it I open ejectors one at a time and it seems I see fine small bubbles on top of the injector nut. I let it run about a minute and go to the next one. All three has thees has fine air bubbles. No air comes out of the ejector pump when I loosen the bleed bolt. I'm almost convinced its air in system. Maybe the electric pump will help remove air. What do you think Hammermechanic and cpurvis, or any one else who knows my problem. Thanks

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When you crack the nut on the top of the injectors do you loosen them enough to pull up on the ingector line to unseat the injector line? Just cracking the nut may not let it bleed properly. If your engine has a decompression valve open it and crank the engine and bleed the injectors. You should bleed the injector till no bubbles are coming out. You want a good bit of fuel coming out of the top of the injectors when bleeding them.

cambre

Threads
When you crack the nut on the top of the injectors do you loosen them enough to pull up on the ingector line to unseat the injector line? Just cracking the nut may not let it bleed properly. If your engine has a decompression valve open it and crank the engine and bleed the injectors. You should bleed the injector till no bubbles are coming out. You want a good bit of fuel coming out of the top of the injectors when bleeding them.
yes I do pull up on ejector lines. Thanks for answer.

cambre

Threads
I'm wondering that after Kubota engine dies and it sits for an hour and starts again, what was happening during that hour to allow it to start?