Repair Kubota

cambre

Threads
I know I can put an electric fuel pump on it. I have done it before. I bought the Grasshopper new and it came without an electric fuel pump.

cambre

Threads
All I see is one filter. When filter is changed does air get into fuel injection system? I have changed the filter before and did not have to bleed air out of fuel system. I will bleed system, easy enough to do to see if it helps. Thanks for answer, you have helped me before.

cambre

Threads
My mistake, it does have 2 filters, one inline and one with a bowl. I cleaned bowl and replaced filter then bled system. It ran a little over 5 minutes then died. The clear line that connects to the top of fuel tank ( fuel return to fuel tank I think) is full of air bubbles, I don't know where other end of line goes. I will have to take some panels off to trace it. I am having a hard time figuring out how air is getting into fuel system. Thanks for helping.

cambre

Threads
Most kubota's have 2 fuel filters and an electric fuel pump and then the injection pump. It sounds like the electric pump is failing. I have seen that symptom on kubota powered equipment a few times and it was always the electric pump. Be careful if it is the electric pump. Running the injection pump with no fuel can damage it.
Mine has two filters and no electric fuel pump. It has a mechanical fuel pump.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The return line may contain air, because it only returns fuel and fuel vapors to the tank from the carb.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Almost all diesel motors have some sort of lift pump to supply fuel to the injector pump. The pump can be mechanical or electric. If the injection pump is sucking air and there are no leaks in the fuel line fuel is not being pushed to the injection pump.

cambre

Threads
Almost all diesel motors have some sort of lift pump to supply fuel to the injector pump. The pump can be mechanical or electric. If the injection pump is sucking air and there are no leaks in the fuel line fuel is not being pushed to the injection pump.
Has a mechanical fuel pump. I don't under stand why it will run find for 10 minutes then die. Thanks for answer.