Repair Kubota

cambre

Threads
My Grasshopper with 25HP diesel engine runs about 30 seconds then dies. A new fuel filter did not help. Does this engine have a fuel pump? Thanks for any answer.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It will have an injection pump for the fuel injectors.

Will need all the equipment numbers including the engine make and model numbers.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most Kubota’s have two fuel filters, in-line very close to each other. Don’t know if your Grasshopper has two?

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Usually when a diesel dies from fuel exhaustion, there is no restarting it until you re-prime the system. Did you re-prime after changing the fuel filter?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most kubota's have 2 fuel filters and an electric fuel pump and then the injection pump. It sounds like the electric pump is failing. I have seen that symptom on kubota powered equipment a few times and it was always the electric pump. Be careful if it is the electric pump. Running the injection pump with no fuel can damage it.

cambre

Threads
It will have an injection pump for the fuel injectors.

Will need all the equipment numbers including the engine make and model numbers.
Will get them posted

cambre

Threads
Most Kubota’s have two fuel filters, in-line very close to each other. Don’t know if your Grasshopper has two?
All I see is one filter. When filter is changed does air get into fuel injection system? I have changed the filter before and did not have to bleed air out of fuel system. I will bleed system, easy enough to do to see if it helps. Thanks for answer, you have helped me before.

cambre

Threads
Usually when a diesel dies from fuel exhaustion, there is no restarting it until you re-prime the system. Did you re-prime after changing the fuel filter?
No but I will, thanks.

cambre

Threads
Most kubota's have 2 fuel filters and an electric fuel pump and then the injection pump. It sounds like the electric pump is failing. I have seen that symptom on kubota powered equipment a few times and it was always the electric pump. Be careful if it is the electric pump. Running the injection pump with no fuel can damage it.

cambre

Threads
Has no electric fuel pump. It's a diesel, has fuel injection. Thanks for answer.